Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 645291 times)

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #900 on: June 08, 2015, 10:43:20 am »
I  hope you all enjoyed my tweets (@DPTomDavidson) from Access All Eirias yesterday - here's my review of the evening's activity. http://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/review-access-eirias-parc-eirias-9408781
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #901 on: June 08, 2015, 11:33:30 am »
Yes, thanks Tom. I did enjoy your tweets. It was like being there.
In fact I always enjoy your tweets. I am not on twitter myself so I was hoping to one day get the chance to thank you for your efforts.
I especially like the ones about your excitement of adding new clothes and shoes to the wardrobe which make me remember those days of not being able to wait to wear something new!
Also the ones about Newcastle United, glad you survived.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #902 on: June 08, 2015, 12:10:24 pm »
I'm glad someone appreciates it - I aim to please.

T

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #903 on: June 08, 2015, 12:27:41 pm »

Well aimed..... $good$........ $thanx$

Offline hollins

« Reply #904 on: June 08, 2015, 02:20:32 pm »

T

Tom, I confirm to the twitter doubters that I am definitely not your mum, (although I do worry about you not eating properly at times!)   ;D  and my message to you was not in any way meant to be "horribly sarcastic."     :)

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #905 on: June 08, 2015, 03:36:03 pm »
Haters be hatin'!  D)

Offline SteveH

« Reply #906 on: June 13, 2015, 01:56:18 pm »
COACH FIRE: I can tell you that Colwyn Bay firefighters were called out to deal with a coach engine fire at the Welsh Mountain Zoo in Colwyn Heights at 10am today.

But fortunately it was out when they got there. The crew simply checked the engine to make sure it was safe, said a North Wales fire and rescue service spokeswoman.REFDP.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #907 on: June 15, 2015, 12:54:33 pm »
North Wales Armed Forces Day, Colwyn Bay

Conwy County will be the focus of North Wales on June 20th 2015, as Parc Eirias in Colwyn Bay plays host to the Armed Forces day on behalf of the 6 Local Authorities in North Wales.

We expect to welcome many thousands of residents and visitors to what promises to be a memorable day, with the aim of recognising and honouring our armed forces and veterans. With Drumhead service; Spitfire and Sea King fly past; Blue Falcons Parachute Display Team, military capability demonstration, assault course and whacky races; wheelchair rugby, basketball and blind archery and much, much more.

http://www.investcolwynbay.co.uk/tourism-and-lifestyle/whats-on/north-wales-armed-forces-day-colwyn-bay-p324941

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #908 on: June 19, 2015, 08:40:53 am »
Disappointing to see that the designer seating recently installed at great expense on the new section of Prom at Colwyn Bay has already been vandalised.  &shake&

Offline SteveH

« Reply #909 on: June 19, 2015, 10:03:38 am »
I am sorry to say it is the first thing I thought (vandalism) when I saw them....... :( :( :( :( $angry$

Offline SteveH

« Reply #910 on: June 19, 2015, 04:39:32 pm »
Three vehicle smash closed road in Colwyn Bay

A three vehicle smash closed a key road in Colwyn Bay for more than an hour.

The A547 Abergele Road was closed in both directions after the multi-car crash which happened at around 12.45pm.

The cars involved were a red Audi, a black BMW and a white Vauxhall Vivaro.
The smash took place close to Parc Eirias and police were on the scene directing traffic.
A Welsh Ambulance spokesman confirmed they attended the scene.
Two men and a woman were taken to Ysbyty Glan Clwyd, none with life-threatening injuries.
Police re-opened the road shortly after 2pm.
A Welsh Ambulance spokesman confirmed they attended the scene.
Two men and a woman were taken to Ysbyty Glan Clwyd, none with life-threatening injuries.
Police re-opened the road shortly after 2pm.  Ref Tom...DP.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #911 on: June 21, 2015, 05:00:49 pm »
LOOK: Colwyn Bay's Armed Forces Day brings thousands to Eirias Park

Thousands of people from across North Wales turned out to honour past and present servicemen and women on Saturday.
People of all ages packed on to Eirias Park in Colwyn Bay for this year’s North Wales Armed Forces Day.
Flypasts by the search and rescue helicopter and a Spitfire wowed the crowds, who also saw an impressive parachute display by the RAF Falcons.

The celebration was held by Conwy County Borough Council on behalf of the six local authorities in North Wales.
Liz Roberts, chair of the council and Conwy’s Armed Forces champion, said she was “thrilled” with the turnout, which she estimated at about 2,000.
She said: “It was a lovely day and we were thrilled with the amount of people that came.
“So much was happening and we built up lots of contacts, which was fantastic as the whole idea of the event was to bring the armed forces community together with the communities that reside here.”

Cllr Roberts added: “I’d say there were about 2,000 here. If we’d had everyone in the stadium which seats just over 2,000, it would have been absolutely full.
“The people who had stalls on the day were really pleased with the amount of people who were asking about what support they give to people in the armed forces.”

An extreme assault course and wacky races were among the highlights of the day, along with an impressive military parade.
A World War One exhibition was also held with a small village especially for children.

Cllr Roberts said: “One minute it was drizzling, but then the sun shone all the way through the drum head service.
PHOTOS..http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/look-colwyn-bays-armed-forces-9497934

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #912 on: June 21, 2015, 07:55:02 pm »
   What makes this even worse is it is not an example of sudden on impulse vandalism.  Thats bad enough.  But tools or implements of some sort have been used. So presumably must have been carried to the site.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #913 on: June 21, 2015, 08:38:18 pm »
   What makes this even worse is it is not an example of sudden on impulse vandalism.  Thats bad enough.  But tools or implements of some sort have been used. So presumably must have been carried to the site.
The same area where £3.000 worth of special tunnel lighting vandalised.... $angry$

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #914 on: June 21, 2015, 09:27:50 pm »
I am sorry to say it is the first thing I thought (vandalism) when I saw them....... :( :( :( :( $angry$
exactly my thoughts
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.