Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 626888 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #1290 on: July 27, 2017, 04:00:54 pm »
The Ford Focus appears to have ended up in the lay by by the bus stop across the road from the railway station.  When I went past shortly after the vehicle was removed from the scene there was a Police car parked in the same position and it had it's blue lights flashing.
It's still hard to imagine how the accident happened though

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1291 on: July 27, 2017, 04:17:50 pm »
Recap: Colwyn Bay crash leaves car on its roof near train station
Vehicle involved in accident close to train station.

Video.....  http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-colwyn-bay-crash-leaves-13386744

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1292 on: July 27, 2017, 06:53:48 pm »
Yes, it was in that lay by where the buses go from, perhaps we'll find out in due course what exactly happened?

Offline spotty dog

« Reply #1293 on: July 27, 2017, 06:59:40 pm »
The arrive alive van was on the prom [cayley embankment] yesterday is the 20MPH signs on the lampposts advisory?   no pre warning sign on road.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1294 on: July 28, 2017, 08:34:35 am »
The arrive alive van was on the prom [cayley embankment] yesterday is the 20MPH signs on the lampposts advisory?   no pre warning sign on road.
Yes they are, the actual speed limit is still 30 along there.

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #1295 on: July 29, 2017, 10:11:57 pm »
Plenty of holiday makers around the park gates this morning. Must have been in the sea as plenty of clothing drying.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1296 on: July 29, 2017, 11:45:50 pm »
Ooops, doesn't look like holiday makers to me!!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1297 on: August 09, 2017, 11:50:40 am »
New name for Parc Eirias revealed
Major firm steps in and has snapped up naming right for the 6,000 seater stadium
BYTOM DAVIDSON
10:31, 9 AUG 2017UPDATED10:34, 9 AUG 2017

The venue in Colwyn Bay will now officially be called Stadiwm Zip World, after the adventure tourism firm snapped up the sponsorship rights.

Cllr Mark Baker, Conwy’s Cabinet Member for the Community Development Service said: " In these times of financial austerity, it’s essential that local authorities explore all avenues to make sure we get the best from our resources.

"Sponsorship opportunities are amongst the options available, and this collaboration will contribute to the longer term sustainability of our excellent facility at Parc Eirias and help to ensure its continuing success.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/new-name-parc-eirias-revealed-13451727

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #1298 on: August 09, 2017, 06:00:37 pm »
The holiday makers were still by the Zipworld Stadium this morning......Tom Davidson will be able to see them from his new desk when the trees drop their leaves.

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #1299 on: August 10, 2017, 07:14:16 pm »
The holiday makers have left their pitch this morning ......I assume their pitch fees will pay to take the rubbish pile away?!!

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #1300 on: August 12, 2017, 02:29:54 pm »

Colwyn Bay Promanade not opening untill 12/08/2017, why am I not surprised????

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/colwyn-bay-promenade-road-wont-13365499#ICID=sharebar_facebook

Well I went down Marine Road at 11:40 today and had to turn left.......shock horror!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1301 on: August 12, 2017, 02:40:17 pm »
I was there at 12.30pm and had to do the same too,  but it should open sometime today as they were removing the temporary barriers from across the road

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #1302 on: August 12, 2017, 06:58:09 pm »
Came along the open promenade road at 3:15 but it is still under construction with much plant machinery and barriers up around the unfinished bits......a work still in progress but another route to Old Colwyn which should relieve pressure at the West End provided the promenade stays open from now..... those bad weather gates can be closed very easily but don't  quote me on that!!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1303 on: August 14, 2017, 09:41:49 am »
We had a walk along the new section of Prom on Sunday morning. Looks good but still very much unfinished, probably another 2 weeks worth of work at least.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1304 on: August 22, 2017, 11:00:43 pm »
Remember the discussions about the 20 signs that suddenly appeared travelling from Ros to by the toad on the prom in colwyn bay. ?  Much discussion, why were they yellow, what did they mean, was it speed advisory to drivers travelling towards colwyn bay, was it for cyclists on the cycle track?
  Me, I had no idea apart seeing as there were over a dozen of them the cost of manufature and fixing on lampposts was considerable.
  Well I've got news for you. They have all gone.
  Still don't know what they were threatening us with or what we must not do. But I still know the manufacture and erection costs plus the costs of taking them down is now even more considerable.
  I must assume they were somehow connected with the partial reopening of the prom between the east end of the Cayley embankment and the toad..all I can say is what an overkill if that was the case. The first sign was before passing aberhod. Rather a long way before the "pink car" kiosk I think you will agree