Author Topic: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay  (Read 627634 times)

Offline FatAndy

Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #690 on: June 05, 2014, 12:16:15 pm »
I can't see how Domino's will create 35 jobs, unless they're all five hour a week contracts.  I went to the one in Birkenhead on Monday, which is only a takeaway, and there was only one guy working there doing everything from taking the orders, taking payment and making the pizzas.  It was fairly busy with most of the customers there to take advantage of the Priority Moments £1 lunch offer (myself included  ;D) but the one guy seemed to cope ok on his own.  Even if Colwyn Bay has a few tables for people to eat in and if it does deliveries I still can't see how they'd need 35 people.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #691 on: June 05, 2014, 12:21:25 pm »
Some great news for Colwyn Bay today with a smidge over £12m coming from the WG Vibrant and Viable Places programme to fund regeneration of the town.  God knows it needs it.  Rhyl and Caernarfon both missed out so congrats to Conwy Council on being successful with their bid $good$.

Conwy Council gets £12.022m to target regeneration projects in Colwyn Bay, including the North Colwyn Bay housing renewal area to tackle empty and underused properties.

The investment will also fund phase two of improvements to the prom and coastal defence works and improve the town centre’s appearance.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/36m-funding-bonanza-north-wales-7220515

Emo Philips

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #692 on: June 05, 2014, 01:33:07 pm »
I can't see how Domino's will create 35 jobs, unless they're all five hour a week contracts.  I went to the one in Birkenhead on Monday, which is only a takeaway, and there was only one guy working there doing everything from taking the orders, taking payment and making the pizzas.  It was fairly busy with most of the customers there to take advantage of the Priority Moments £1 lunch offer (myself included  ;D) but the one guy seemed to cope ok on his own.  Even if Colwyn Bay has a few tables for people to eat in and if it does deliveries I still can't see how they'd need 35 people.

Will be zero hour contracts more like

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #693 on: June 05, 2014, 02:14:10 pm »

Will be zero hour contracts more like

They can all be zero hour contracts but those pizzas ain't going to bake themselves so they'll need to give some people some hours somewhere along the way.  Unless it's going to be a DIY pizza store where you have to make your own.

Emo Philips

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #694 on: June 05, 2014, 08:00:19 pm »

They can all be zero hour contracts but those pizzas ain't going to bake themselves so they'll need to give some people some hours somewhere along the way.  Unless it's going to be a DIY pizza store where you have to make your own.

Such are already out there.  Put money in slot - remove pizza - insert in microwave - push button - when green light shows - remove Pizza!   Voile!    :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline BMD

« Reply #695 on: June 11, 2014, 10:40:34 am »
Beach developments - they are currently laying down stepped pre-formed concrete sections between the pier and the Skip-carbuncle (I didn't have my camera with me, unfortunately). And on the other side of the pier, the work on the beach seems mostly done, from what I can make out. Hopefully they'll be opening the beach before the summer is over.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #696 on: June 12, 2014, 03:33:45 pm »
I also forgot my camera today BMD but I took these with my phone which show the steps you mention. I think it will look good when all is finished. I can't help wondering though why it couldn't have been done all together previously.

Offline hollins

« Reply #697 on: June 12, 2014, 03:37:51 pm »
The scene on 22 August 2013 and today.

Offline hollins

« Reply #698 on: June 12, 2014, 03:45:12 pm »
Some not very attractive features at the skip.
The boat depot looked well stocked but under used. Maybe it is different at the weekends.

Offline Linda

« Reply #699 on: June 12, 2014, 10:43:22 pm »
I also forgot my camera today BMD but I took these with my phone which show the steps you mention. I think it will look good when all is finished. I can't help wondering though why it couldn't have been done all together previously.
I agree Hollins,, seems such a waste of time not doing it all together last year. Hope its open soon though, shame everyone will be crammed onto what little has been left.  I was down there monday evening watching a pod of Dolphin feeding between Rhos and Old Colwyn about 6 of them. A great treat for any photographers, take a look at the Colwyn Bay watersports FB page. Some folk got great photos of them.

Offline peterh

« Reply #700 on: June 27, 2014, 03:55:52 pm »
Please be aware there are new 20 mph speed limit signs now in place on the promanade between the skip and the other side of the pier towards Rhos. It is very easy to be driving on in the 30 limit sections and not notice the change. I spoke to someone in highways to enquire if the new restriction was active as there is no large signs confirming the change at each end. The guy did say 600mm circular signs should be fitted and he said he would email the department resonsible. I hope our beloved safety camara partnership are aware of the non compliance!!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #701 on: June 27, 2014, 11:08:09 pm »
20mph  :o whatever for? Seems ridiculously slow! Thanks for the tip off!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #702 on: June 28, 2014, 07:26:27 am »
20mph  :o whatever for? Seems ridiculously slow! Thanks for the tip off!

Probably just another cash cow to rob the motorist of even more of his hard earned dosh!   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #703 on: June 28, 2014, 07:30:20 pm »
  For the first time ever I am on the side of the authorities who decided to reduce the speed limit at the eastern section of the prom. As a temporary measure ---- keep an eye out.that it is back to 30 mph by September.
   The reason?  The extensive work going on east of the pier has taken all the pavement and around a couple of feet of the road. So it is fractionally narrower than the west of the pier section. But the main danger is pedestrians walking west from old colwyn end have nowhere to walk. They SHOULD cross over the road and walk along the old track bed of the Welsh FFargo train but they don't. They carry on walking onthe seaward side of the road, after a while they become nervous when they realise vehicles are missing them by inches. But they have nowhere else to go. A wall on the left. A security fence on the right. And a long walk to the pier in front of them.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #704 on: June 28, 2014, 08:58:57 pm »
well when we walked that way last week they had a sign by the pier to cross over and use the other walkway ,mind you their are some stupid folk about ,mind you seing the overgrown mess on the skip ccbc should be ashamed .