Author Topic: Everything to do with Conwy  (Read 626193 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Reply #525 on: June 08, 2011, 11:41:32 am »
Is it Barclays paying back the Castle hotel for ormegolf's menu typing!

Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #269 on: May 02, 2011, 09:49:20 PM »

(Sorry don't know how to transfer the quote to this post).

That was one of the best stories I read on this forum. It still makes me smile!

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #526 on: June 08, 2011, 02:38:18 pm »
Gez and I went for a short walk last night along the Quay and up through Bodlondeb woods.  he hates it when I take my camera as he says I look like a tourist  :roll:  he couldn't resist a pose on the Quay.  Hansom devil he is  ;D  I'm not sure what the cabin is doing there, there's been a lot of controversy over house boats mooring on the Quay so I'm hoping this is not going to converted into a bedsit  :o  He was telling me all about Keith the fish and what a genuinly good fella he was, I didn't know him myself but he was a very popular man in Conwy.  The plaque dedicated to him speaks for itself.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #527 on: June 08, 2011, 02:47:52 pm »
We carried on along Marine walk, it's such a shame to see these boats the Edward Birbeck and the Grey Lady rotting on the Shaw.  It doesn't look like the guy we spoke to Dave has done much with the Grey Lady so far, I reckon he was telling fibs, he hadn't bought it at all and was trespassing  ???
I love the trees in Bodlondeb woods, typical Gez the first thing he noticed was the dead ones,  we also had a look at where the butterfly jungle was, it's been demolished now to make way for the Coastal Hawk Project buildings.  That will be a great tourist attraction for Conwy.  I also noticed this little post box in the wall by the Quay arch, never noticed it before.................no change there then  ;D I wonder how old it is?

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #528 on: June 08, 2011, 03:22:11 pm »
That cabin was on a boat on Saturday afternoon as I walked past I was thinking what a terrible paint job so I don't know where the boat has gone!  There was a man on it.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #529 on: June 08, 2011, 04:15:03 pm »
I did notice an awful lot of scrap along side the cabin on the Quay, no idea why it's there mind.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #530 on: June 08, 2011, 08:23:49 pm »
That cabin was on a boat on Saturday afternoon as I walked past I was thinking what a terrible paint job so I don't know where the boat has gone!  There was a man on it.

Perhaps it used to be a cabin cruiser?  :-X

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #531 on: June 08, 2011, 08:34:17 pm »
We carried on along Marine walk, it's such a shame to see these boats the Edward Birbeck and the Grey Lady rotting on the Shaw.  It doesn't look like the guy we spoke to Dave has done much with the Grey Lady so far, I reckon he was telling fibs, he hadn't bought it at all and was trespassing  ???
Perhaps he couldn't get it 'standing up'?  :laugh:

Offline Trojan

« Reply #532 on: June 08, 2011, 08:50:28 pm »
Perhaps he couldn't get it 'standing up'?  :laugh:

Don't be such a stick-in-the-mud Pen.  ;D

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #533 on: June 08, 2011, 09:25:29 pm »
Oh somebody woke with a sense of humour this morning............................uh no they never  ;D

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #534 on: June 18, 2011, 09:52:55 am »
BARCLAYS BANK IS TO CLOSE ITS BRANCH IN HIGH STREET, CONWY - THE LAST DAY FOR BUSINESS WILL BE FRIDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER 2011

Customers are currently receiving letters stating "We would like you to know that we are closing our branch at High Street, Conwy due to consistently declining customer usage. We have not taken this decision lightly and we are sorry to be going, but our Llandudno Junction branch, (approximately 1 mile away), and our other branches in the area, will be happy to help you in future".

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #535 on: June 18, 2011, 10:47:15 am »
What a shame - I thought that the era of bank branch closures was over.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #536 on: July 04, 2011, 09:41:04 pm »
I had a chat with the lads working on the St Marys clock.  It's having a face lift.  Newly painted face and hand painted numbers as you can see in the photo.  Finally the hands will be cleaned and put back.  There's a lot of work to be done as St Marys has 4 clock faces.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #537 on: July 04, 2011, 11:20:26 pm »
Had an excellent day in Conwy last week.  On the way home we decided to get some chips from the Fishermans cafe.  We gave mash the money and John and I walked up to his.  Mash arrived 15 minutes later with our take away.  Now as you know I'm not one for moaning  :roll: but I couldn't believe I'd paid £1.60 for a burger sized box of chips!  :(  John was even less impressed when he had chips, mushy peas and a fishcake in the same sized box.  :o I felt robbed, since when can you hope to get away with that, Mash assured me the girl behind the counter wasn't wearing a balaclava but I beg to differ.  I will never go there again. $angry2$

at least Mash had crispy bits in his.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #538 on: July 04, 2011, 11:32:11 pm »
Piss Poor.....is the phrase that leaps to mind.

When will businesses learn that if they provide good quality fayre, at reasonable price (or even slightly above) the reputation will ensure that the customer returns, time and again,  thus ensuring future sustainabilty for that business,

Too many businesses are trying to get away with the bare minimum in standards.  It's self defeatingm and disappointing.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #539 on: July 05, 2011, 08:14:42 am »
I always go to the other one, the Galleon.

Speaking of piss poor chips, I got some from Pebble in Llandudno (by Bog Island) on Sunday, If the portion had been any smaller, I could have eaten the lot in one mouthful. Won't be going there again.