Author Topic: Everything to do with Conwy  (Read 626217 times)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2010, 03:00:42 pm »
It's cold and there's snow on the ground as in the picture just on the outskirts of town. My wife's pet sheep are feeling it as well, and I think the one at the front is probably saying to me after I fed them, "Can I have some more please?"

There's one thing with black sheep, at least you can see them against the white of the snow! However they don't photograph particularly well.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 03:05:59 pm by Bellringer »

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2010, 05:32:19 pm »
I've an idea what you mean Ian but for those of us who have a jargon deficiency, perhaps you will be kind enough to explain.
\
Keeping us informed, Stan. Sorry;  it's an Americanism.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2010, 05:41:56 pm »
Looking towards Tal Y Fan from the Town Walls in Conwy yesterday:

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2010, 07:33:27 pm »
Conwy Town Councillor Peter Kraus suspended for 12 months from 19 October 2010

See www.jasonweyman.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 07:45:33 pm by Bellringer »

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2010, 04:56:03 pm »
Peter is an excentric character. I've had lots of conversations with him and he's very well informed. I have to be honest I like him. He's an intelligent man but then you can't go to council meetings shouting and swearing can you. However much  you feel the urge.  He does have issues though and this should be taken into account before we start with the persecution.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2010, 05:04:43 pm »
There's no excuse for an adult to behave that way. We talk about people having 'issues' but those are just excuses. If he's capable of becoming a councillor (no jokes please), then he's surely capable of behaving in a civilised fashion.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2010, 06:02:23 pm »
David, you should have lived in Kinmel Bay around about (time flies) say 7 or 8 years. The Police were called out at least three separate occasions to local council meetings. On at least one occasion it involved a Councillor and his own son, both of whom where on the council. I remember reading about it in the press, the son shouting something like Councillor sh--b-- and such like language. The main Councillor, the Father, has since sadly died. I knew him well for over forty years. Another son was on the Council in Rhyl, it must have run in the blood. Apparantly some of the members were actually fearing physical assault, or so they claimed

Offline Tillymint

« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2010, 07:44:13 pm »
It looks like the Border Agency has been active within the walls this evening.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2010, 08:04:54 pm »
It looks like the Border Agency has been active within the walls this evening.
Whereabouts, Tillymint? On Castle Street maybe?

Offline Tillymint

« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2010, 10:11:44 pm »
Not 100% sure where but they were kitting themselves up on Mount Pleasant around 5.45.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2010, 02:37:34 pm »
The temporary traffic lights in Gyffin village are in process of being removed following Daniels digging holes to trace and repair a water leak near the surgery. I wouldn't have thought that was a very comfortable task in this weather. Well done chaps. $thanx$

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2010, 10:11:39 am »
BEWARE THE FREEZING RAIN THIS MORNING - VERY SLIPPERY AND HAZARDOUS IN PLACES    ))*
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 10:13:18 am by Bellringer »

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2010, 07:22:15 pm »
Well there's been going ons in the Mail Coach over this week, hopefully it will open soon, the locals love that pub.  For the record no one in Conwy minds who takes it over or where they're from! They objected to the way in which it was first taken from Dave and the boycott by the locals confirmed that.  >>>
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2010, 02:06:44 pm »
I hope it gets a good paint and tidyup outside, looks really scruffy at the moment.

Offline MrFalafel

« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2010, 09:51:14 am »
Well there's been going ons in the Mail Coach over this week, hopefully it will open soon, the locals love that pub.  For the record no one in Conwy minds who takes it over or where they're from! They objected to the way in which it was first taken from Dave and the boycott by the locals confirmed that.  >>>

That boycott was rather odd as Dave himself said he had no quarrel with the new landlord and wished him all the best, he even encouraged others to support the new landlord as Conwy needs busy pubs. Oh well, that didn't work.

I've used the closing(s) as an excuse to stop by some of the other pubs I haven't visited in a long time. The Bridge is very well done up and their smoking area has a heater : :votive: