Author Topic: Everything to do with Conwy  (Read 626095 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Reply #1215 on: October 12, 2016, 12:41:05 pm »
I just can't figure it out why the Police have decided not to prosecute the driver unless they consider that there is insufficient evidence to take the matter to Court.  The article did say that the riders were so distressed they did not take the details of witnesses and perhaps that is the reason why the Police have decided on their course of action.
However the driver did leave the scene of the accident before the Police arrived so that prevented them from doing a breathalyser or drug test which they normally would have done, so they will never know what contributed to this dangerous driving accident.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1216 on: October 12, 2016, 01:02:39 pm »
You are spot on with the Virginia Creeper Dave,   I planted the variety Veitchii (aka Boston Ivy)  by the gable end of my house but removed it after a few years as it would have gone into the roof of the building and I was concerned about the effect it was having on the brickwork too.
Virginia Creepers do look nice with their Autumn colours and as I'm going through Llanrwst soon I'll have a look at the cafe there as that is quite spectacular in the Autumn.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1217 on: October 22, 2016, 01:08:03 am »
Had a great night tonight at Conwy Feast, and apart from enjoying the very excellent Pinc Ffloyd live on stage, it was lovely to see Mr and Mrs Bri Roberts,  had a nice couple of drinks with Mr and Mrs BlongB, and even had a drunken chat with Born to Run, (he was drunker than me)
Nice to see you all at an impromptu TTF get together,

As far as Pinc Ffloyd go, never seen them before, but I would pay good money to see their full set again in future.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1218 on: October 22, 2016, 11:26:29 am »
I'm going this afternoon after work  D) Z**
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1219 on: October 24, 2016, 10:17:09 am »
Had a great night tonight at Conwy Feast, and apart from enjoying the very excellent Pinc Ffloyd live on stage, it was lovely to see Mr and Mrs Bri Roberts,  had a nice couple of drinks with Mr and Mrs BlongB, and even had a drunken chat with Born to Run, (he was drunker than me)
Nice to see you all at an impromptu TTF get together,

As far as Pinc Ffloyd go, never seen them before, but I would pay good money to see their full set again in future.

Pinc Ffloyd were brilliant even I could tell that after several of the 8.2% ciders they had on offer! I have paid good money to see them before at the Labour club where they were brilliant had the audience captivated for hours. I'm not even that into Pink Floyd but played live the music is spell binding.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1220 on: October 24, 2016, 10:41:12 am »
We walked into the entertainment tent as soon as the seven minute firework display ended.

I am afraid the sound of the warm up and sound checks carried out by Pinc Ffloyd were too loud for us so we escaped at 7.25pm to return home and listen to 'Friday Night is Music Night'

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1221 on: October 26, 2016, 08:57:13 pm »

Offline cygnusx-1

Visit Conwy
« Reply #1222 on: October 30, 2016, 04:57:14 pm »
The banners for Visit Conwy were in full view on International TV at lunch time today during live coverage of the Wales Rally GB at Llyn Brenig. Cllr Brian Cossey was presented to all those on the podium.

How much did the council pay I wonder?

Offline DVT

Re: Visit Conwy
« Reply #1223 on: October 31, 2016, 08:51:09 am »
The event started and finished in the Conwy area, and the publicity it attracted is a big thing for local tourism.  This area is now amongst the best places to visit in the world, thanks to the promotion as well as the fact that it really is a wonderful place.  There are several major events locally nowadays all of which are well publicised around the world and so bring in a lot of income to the area.

From your post I'm unsure whether you are for or against the sponsorship!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1224 on: October 31, 2016, 08:53:21 am »
Apparently, we're now in the top four destinations in the world, according to Lonely Planet. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1225 on: October 31, 2016, 10:30:53 am »
The banners for Visit Conwy were in full view on International TV at lunch time today during live coverage of the Wales Rally GB at Llyn Brenig. Cllr Brian Cossey was presented to all those on the podium.

How much did the council pay I wonder?

Last year  CCBC paid out 80 K.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #1226 on: October 31, 2016, 07:00:55 pm »
I am all for sporting events which bring people from far and wide......and as the cycling gives a 2 hour plus advert for the area on ITV4 each September, £80,0000.00 is not too bad if 8,000 people turn up and  spend £10.01 each, we then turn a profit.

The RAC Rally was a better event though, which went much further and had night stages thrown in as a real test.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1227 on: November 29, 2016, 04:35:32 pm »
It was cold in Conwy this afternoon but it still looked nice in the Autumn sunshine

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1228 on: December 02, 2016, 10:27:34 am »
Shock and anger over Natwest plan to shut NINE banks.      Conwy being one of the nine.

Ieuan Edwards, owner of Edwards of Conwy, said no one would have predicted 10 years ago that a town as busy as Conwy would have no banks within a decade.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/shock-anger-over-natwest-plan-12260055

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1229 on: December 02, 2016, 11:34:31 am »
Shock and anger over Natwest plan to shut NINE banks.      Conwy being one of the nine.

Ieuan Edwards, owner of Edwards of Conwy, said no one would have predicted 10 years ago that a town as busy as Conwy would have no banks within a decade.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/shock-anger-over-natwest-plan-12260055
Even though we all like the idea of having a local bank branch available, it's hard to argue with the facts, unfortunately. Very few people need to go into a bank branch anymore. I haven't been inside my bank in over 2 years, I suspect.