Author Topic: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations  (Read 202142 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations
« Reply #450 on: November 14, 2012, 08:47:01 pm »
What is the difference between the Victoria Center and Parc Llandudno besides the obvious one is indoor the other out yet when it comes to xmas the Victoria center goes mad and Parc Llandudno does NOTHING.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #452 on: November 21, 2012, 09:26:24 pm »
Not sure if the council have finished with their xmas lights or not,nothing on the town hall,nothing on thr Carlton roundabout.It seems as though thre Victoria center is not bothering to lght up this year either,

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #453 on: November 23, 2012, 09:35:02 pm »
Saw this, and thought of you, Wrex:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-20471162

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #454 on: November 24, 2012, 07:19:32 am »
DaveR why do you whind me up,i had decided to give up moaning about them.Next Saturday is the BIG switch on so that still gives the town council a whole week to put the rest of the lights up,they seem to have left the town hall out,the palm trees on Carlton roundabout out,one string has been out all week (the one conected too Game) so we will have to wait and see.The big problem the town has is Cll Bertola is in charge so there is NOWAY they will improve with this man in charge,not a chance in hell.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #455 on: November 24, 2012, 08:55:39 am »
No problem, the Christmas tree was going up yesterday on the roundabout in Penrhyn Bay  D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #456 on: November 24, 2012, 10:59:52 am »
The Christmas Tree at Bog Island was being wired up yesterday morning. Is it just me or does the top of the tree appear to be missing?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #457 on: November 24, 2012, 11:07:11 am »
Perhaps the top is being used indoors somewhere!  VV
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #458 on: November 24, 2012, 12:16:43 pm »
The Christmas Tree at Bog Island was being wired up yesterday morning. Is it just me or does the top of the tree appear to be missing?

Knowing this Council, it probably exceeded the approved height for Xmas trees, or it's Jewish.   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #459 on: November 24, 2012, 12:41:24 pm »
There is no interest in improving the xmas lights from hoteliers,Mostyn Estates,Llandudno regeneration group and of course the town council so i have got it wrong big style,Llandudno does not need to attract any shoppers or tourists to the town over Christmas.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #460 on: November 24, 2012, 01:29:15 pm »
I'm sorry to say Wrex, that apart from the County and Town Council, the shopkeepers, business people and even the shoppers themselves must walk round with their eyes closed to fail to notice the absolutely disgusting state of this Town.  The Main Street is degenerating into nothing better than a third rate open market with our pavements crowded with lots of cheap shoddy goods. (There are obviously some exceptions).  The secondary shopping streets are little better.

The overall situation is further compounded by the number of empty shops, fly posters, unkempt and poorly maintained shop frontages and overflowing waste bins and rubbish strewn pavements.  No one it seems has any pride in the Town anymore.

Unless something is done, very soon, the place will fall apart at the seams.   Sorry to say Wrex, but I think your words are just falling on dead ears, however, don't give up up, miracles sometimes do happen!   
>?>??

Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #461 on: November 25, 2012, 06:23:34 pm »
Xmas Lights in Bangor this afternoon:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #462 on: November 25, 2012, 06:49:22 pm »
Maybe councillor Bertola can go on another jolly to see how other towns do xmas,although he has a free bus pass so it will not cost the council a penny,he can start with Colwyn Bay,even Abergele looks better than us ,Rhyl then of to Bangor and Caernarfon i bet they all look the part at xmas.DaveR you know how to whind me up,ive just been to see my daughter in Manchester and been around the markets and looking at their display of lights makes me cry,bless.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #463 on: November 25, 2012, 07:18:37 pm »
DaveR you know how to whind me up
$good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #464 on: November 25, 2012, 07:25:05 pm »
Does this really need to be done on a Sunday?