Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 218117 times)

Offline barry b

Re: Welcome!
« Reply #390 on: September 07, 2016, 07:43:53 am »
try and get to the area at least once a month--often more-when we moved up from the south we thought about buying a house in the llandudno area but settled for wrexham for the time being because of work-- im sure im wearing grooves in the A 55 though-lol

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #391 on: September 07, 2016, 07:49:48 am »
Plenty of folk on here will be able to help if you decide to move into this area. Hope you enjoy this place.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Moelycrio

« Reply #392 on: January 13, 2017, 09:23:24 pm »
Hello!
Met my wife in Llandudno a few years ago and we lived on Lloyd Street for a while. Now looking to move back as we love the area and think its ideal to bring our two young children up. Any views on house prices or schools welcome. If you have a 4 bed semi/detached that doesnt need much work then get in touch.

Thanks, Stuart

Offline mondie

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #393 on: March 08, 2017, 11:26:49 pm »
Hello three towners,

I joined up a couple of days ago to do some reading on your forum which is full of useful info. We are contemplating accepting a job in Deganwy which would likely see us looking to settle in Llandudno. Looks like a fantastic area with a lot to offer, will have to me make a decision on our future in the next week or so. I might start a separate thread on the area with some questions rather than clutter this welcome thread.

Cheers all,
Simon

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #394 on: March 09, 2017, 12:09:22 am »
Hello and welcome, ask away............ $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #395 on: March 09, 2017, 09:37:46 am »
Welcome to the Forum. Feel free to ask away!  $good$

Offline mondie

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #396 on: March 09, 2017, 04:23:33 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome Steve and Dave, I have started a thread here:

http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=12.0

Offline Jeff Gill

• An American in Conwy since December 2000
    • Jeff Gill – illustrator, author, graphic designer
« Reply #397 on: March 28, 2017, 04:56:01 pm »
Hello. I’m an American. My wife is from South Wales. We’ve lived in Conwy since December 2000 and love it here. This year I’m helping to facilitate a project gathering and archiving the town of Conwy’s food heritage (http://pogim.org/food/).  I stumbled across this forum when Google showed me DaveR’s Pubs of Conwy topic. Thanks for having me in!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #398 on: March 28, 2017, 04:59:25 pm »
Which part of the States, Jeff?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Jeff Gill

« Reply #399 on: March 30, 2017, 11:13:51 am »
Tucson, Arizona.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #400 on: March 30, 2017, 11:47:42 am »
Hot down there.

Offline Jeff Gill

« Reply #401 on: March 31, 2017, 12:44:57 pm »
Yep! I definitely prefer the weather here.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #402 on: April 04, 2017, 10:44:41 am »
Hello. I’m an American. My wife is from South Wales. We’ve lived in Conwy since December 2000 and love it here. This year I’m helping to facilitate a project gathering and archiving the town of Conwy’s food heritage (http://pogim.org/food/).  I stumbled across this forum when Google showed me DaveR’s Pubs of Conwy topic. Thanks for having me in!
Welcome to the Forum, Jeff.  $good$

Offline daisy

« Reply #403 on: April 10, 2017, 11:46:56 am »
hey all,
I am pondering a move from Cheshire to the area later this year or early next, so just digging around to try and see whats happening there and which area to base in :)
Interests include beach, mountains, walking, camping, music,local events and cinema.

Offline daisy

« Reply #404 on: April 10, 2017, 11:50:39 am »

this looks good, I am also a foodie and into heritage and traditional recipes and also 'peasant food'! :)