Author Topic: Forum Photo Gallery  (Read 18217 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Forum Photo Gallery
« on: January 22, 2012, 07:51:55 pm »
Just a reminder that there are now 2,600 old photos, postcards, maps, adverts and other bits and pieces dealing with Llandudno, Colwyn Bay & Conwy in the Forum Photo Archive.

You need to be a logged in Member to view them - this link shows you the various folders, so you can select your section of interest:
http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=media

If you're looking for something in particular, then the Search function is very useful:
http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=search
I've labelled 90%+ of the images, so you can just do a search on 'Llandudno', 'Colwyn Bay' or 'Conwy' or something like 'Waldini' or 'Mostyn Street'. Try it and see.

Offline martin

Re: Forum Photo Gallery
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 08:23:22 pm »
Thanks for the "Search" link, really useful.  I had just put in "Conwy" as a search, and some of the photos had been uploded by you, I was interested in the 1993 Gyffin floods.  I had not heard of this and the floods were not as I would have expected of the Afon Gyffin, but from water rushing down from the hillside.  Do you have any further information on this, i ask because we live at the top of Gyffin, backing on to the fields below the mast, but I cannot see where floodwater could come from?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 08:34:13 pm »
There's a small stream that runs down alongside the road from the transmitter. It goes under the estate and comes out in the Gyffin stream. Due to the volume of rain that fell that day, it decided not to run under the estate but through it.

Offline martin

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 08:43:38 pm »
There's a small stream that runs down alongside the road from the transmitter. It goes under the estate and comes out in the Gyffin stream. Due to the volume of rain that fell that day, it decided not to run under the estate but through it.
Thanks for that Dave, we are away from that thank goodness, what a mess it caused.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 08:48:47 pm »
There's a good thread all about the Floods here:
http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,221.0.html

Offline martin

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 11:45:41 am »
Conwy - View towards Gyffin from the Cas…

Views: 20
Posted by DaveR
 Sep 05, 2010
in Photos & Postcards (1900 - 1940s)

Dave, I have copied this from the photo gallery, it was uploaded by you and was under a simple search of "Gyffin", however, there is no photo in the box and if you click on it it just has that little square thing in the middle that denotes a file you cannot view.  Is it just my computer, or is this file corrupted?  Yesterday I noticed others that I was unable to access, any thoughts?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 12:18:30 pm »
It looks like some sort of error with the Gallery software, I will take a look.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 01:30:38 pm »
There does seem to be a few problems with certain photos, it may be a Server problem so we'll have to see if it resolves itself as the software appears to be running ok.

Offline Tosh

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 05:43:04 pm »
Hello folks, I have discovered the recent aerial photos that have been put on the net and there are dozens of local ones.
Have a look at this and keep clicking because they go on forever.
http://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/image/wpw040142?search=conwy&ref=1
Tosh

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 08:23:54 am »
This pic just shows just how lucky we were recently.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 08:26:10 am »
Yep; for once, we escaped almost unscathed.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2023, 06:33:57 pm »
Having a tiny bit of spare time recently, I have revived the Forum Photo Gallery, which members may recall stopped working when the forum software crashed last year.

I've moved it into its own area on the server, which means it is independent of the forum and, thus, hopefully immune from any future forum software problems. There's currently over 1,800 photos, postcards and other items uploaded. Some of the sections could do with a bit of sorting out but it's a good start. With a lot of the images, clicking on the smaller version will open the full size version in a separate popup box. If you're looking for anything in particular, please use the 'Search' button and remember to tick the 'filename' box as well, as most images have some sort of identifying text in the filename.

The Forum Gallery can now be found at:
http://threetownsforum.co.uk/copperminegallery/index.php

DaveR

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2023, 07:36:33 pm »
Good idea.
Would it be possible to add an album of the photos you took of the area?
I was thinking about them recently and wondered where to look for them. It would be great to have an album of them all together.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2023, 10:02:56 am »
Thanks and well done Dave.   :)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2023, 04:01:47 pm »
Good idea.
Would it be possible to add an album of the photos you took of the area?
I was thinking about them recently and wondered where to look for them. It would be great to have an album of them all together.
I've added a Gallery and put about 10 pics in to start with. Will add in more as time permits. My old Flickr galleries are still online with thousands of photos at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/davellandudno/albums