Poll

What do you think should be the way forward for the Pier Pavilion site?

Modern design, as put forward by Mr Waldron, featuring restaurants, apartments etc
4 (6.1%)
Recreation of original Pier Pavilion design, but with leisure and entertainment facilities inside
50 (75.8%)
Larger version of original design, with leisure, entertainment and apartments included
8 (12.1%)
Leave site empty for another 20 years
4 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site  (Read 379917 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site
« Reply #450 on: November 06, 2016, 11:36:38 am »
Comments on FB are saying that objections to the plans have to be lodged before 20th. Nov?   I thought these were concept ideas prior to planning for discussion.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #451 on: November 06, 2016, 12:23:11 pm »
The display in Llandudno Library is part of a consultation not a planning application. They are just asking for comments for or against, with the last day being November 20th. If there are a large amount of people against it they are going to have to go back to the drawing board. If not then I dare say they will put a formal application in to the Council for planning permission.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #452 on: November 06, 2016, 01:25:45 pm »
Thankyou M.  Can you tell me the best way to lodge my objections please.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #453 on: November 06, 2016, 04:59:59 pm »
If you want to object before it goes to planning send your objection letter to the Agent who is Creu Architecture, Diamond Buildings, 6 Highgate, Denbigh, LL163LE. You can also send another letter or e-mail to Conwy County Borough Council Planning Dept after the Planning Application has been lodged, those comments could be put on the Planning Application site for public viewing. New planning applications are usually advertised in The North Wales Weekly News or you can check the weekly list on CCBC planning applications portal. Good Luck  $good$

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #454 on: November 06, 2016, 08:01:43 pm »
The display in Llandudno Library is part of a consultation not a planning application. They are just asking for comments for or against, with the last day being November 20th. If there are a large amount of people against it they are going to have to go back to the drawing board. If not then I dare say they will put a formal application in to the Council for planning permission.

They are obviously just testing the water out to see what reaction they are likely to get for this prime site development.   

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #455 on: November 07, 2016, 10:50:53 pm »
We'll, actually.... the opposite seems to be true.

I met with the venerable Dave R today, and he had read in detail a massive pack of documents, (which looked expensive to me), which outlined the process the planners had been through to reach this point.
I have to say that many designs have been proposed and discounted, many were terrible, but some were rather excellent and very much in keeping with the old pavilion building.
I find it amazing that the input of several responsible authorities can actually leave us with a construction much worse than the developer originally wanted to create!

Go and take a look, it's a real eye opener.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

« Reply #456 on: November 08, 2016, 10:04:31 am »
The developer does seem to have been very busy in the 14 months since the site has been acquired, so it should be well worth the visit.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #457 on: November 08, 2016, 10:20:01 am »
I recently saw some photos of the different designs  mentioned  by Fester above, I think on FB but could not copy them, and now I cannot find the link .....sorry.......perhaps someone else can have a go  finding them. ££$

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #458 on: November 08, 2016, 10:55:05 am »
The developer does seem to have been very busy in the 14 months since the site has been acquired, so it should be well worth the visit.

If you come over to have a look Hugo you are more than welcome to call in and we'll show you a view of the site from above  $good$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #459 on: November 08, 2016, 11:27:27 am »
This is part of what he actually said

He told the Daily Post he hoped to create an "iconic building" but said the development will be in keeping with the surroundings.
He added: "The scheme will be in keeping with the Pavilion that was there before but it needs to be bigger than it was to make it viable.
"It will not be as high as the Grand [hotel] though and we don’t intend to extend to the south west of the former building.
It will start with car parking, and then commercial and residential units."

The picture shows what he hopes to deliver

Offline Hugo

« Reply #460 on: November 08, 2016, 11:32:05 am »

If you come over to have a look Hugo you are more than welcome to call in and we'll show you a view of the site from above  $good$

Thanks very much for your kind offer Blongb but I did see it from the road behind you and I don't really know what to say that I can repeat on here.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #461 on: November 09, 2016, 06:48:43 pm »
During discussions I had this afternoon it transpired Mr Waldron does not own the Pier Pavilion Site but has merely taken out a 1 year option to buy the site from the current owners Warwickshire Property Services. As I said in an earlier post the man is a chancer. Look him up on Companies House website https://companycheck.co.uk/director/905834072/ALAN--WALDRON/financials?page=1 and check his Total Current Liabilities against his Total Current Assets and you will soon see he needs this redevelopment far more than we do.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #462 on: November 09, 2016, 08:25:14 pm »
Yes very interesting reading ,the guy who owns the site every time he put plans in to the council they were knocked back ,why Ccbc couldn't work with him to sort the mess out ,the plans I managed to see a few years ago could have worked with a few tweaks ,you are right this guy is a chancer he's put these plans out But has he got enough investors or would it end up a cheap build like Deganwy quay .

Offline Hugo

« Reply #463 on: November 09, 2016, 10:30:27 pm »
During discussions I had this afternoon it transpired Mr Waldron does not own the Pier Pavilion Site but has merely taken out a 1 year option to buy the site from the current owners Warwickshire Property Services.

Warwick Property Services Ltd was dissolved on 21st Feb 2012 so I wonder who really owns the property, is it a new company or an individual(s) ?        The more you look into it the more farcical it becomes.   CCBC should be doing the same background checks because this thing could easily fall flat on its face.
Did the person you spoke to say what Mostyn Estates involvement in all of this is?   

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #464 on: November 10, 2016, 09:09:42 am »
During discussions I had this afternoon it transpired Mr Waldron does not own the Pier Pavilion Site but has merely taken out a 1 year option to buy the site from the current owners Warwickshire Property Services. As I said in an earlier post the man is a chancer. Look him up on Companies House website https://companycheck.co.uk/director/905834072/ALAN--WALDRON/financials?page=1 and check his Total Current Liabilities against his Total Current Assets and you will soon see he needs this redevelopment far more than we do.
The current owner of the Pavilion site is Maurice & Donna Nixon - their names are on the Land Registry report.

Your comments about Mr Waldron show a lack of understanding of finance. Developers such as Mr Waldron set up a company for each development they undertake. In the case of the Pavilion site, it is Quay Developments 2016 Ltd. Once the developments are completed, the profits are distributed to the shareholders and the company is either dissolved or left as a shell company. It's impossible to judge a person's success/wealth just by reference to public records, as you have no way of knowing his level of private assets.