Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 636356 times)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 06:51:53 pm »
The former One Stop store on the West Shore (West Shore Garage) has a St David's Commercial "Let" sign on the window - anyone know what's happening there?

Offline Jack

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 03:31:08 pm »
The Chocolate Shop, Tipyn Bach, which closed down earlier in the year by the traffic lights on Trinity Avenue/Augusta Street is to re-open as an antique shop in the next couple of weeks.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 05:56:18 pm »
The former One Stop store on the West Shore (West Shore Garage) has a St David's Commercial "Let" sign on the window - anyone know what's happening there?

Bit late I know, but as we can now see, this has opened as a mobility business - so get your "scooter" here.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2010, 05:57:47 pm »

Bit late I know, but as we can now see, this has opened as a mobility business - so get your "scooter" here.
Yes, 'Ableworld'.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 08:49:32 am »
A large For Sale sign in Vollams window this morning .
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 08:52:03 am »
They've been trying to sell it for a year or two. The competition from Mr. Roberts must have got too much!

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 10:55:17 am »
The new shop in the Victoria Centre where you have your feet nibbled by a tank full of fish seems to be drawing great interest.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, 10:57:01 am »
Ah yes, I went past on Thursday and they were still fitting it out but people were knocking on the door and asking to book appointments. I think it will be a 5 minute wonder myself, the rents in the Victoria centre are so high that an awful lot of feet will have to be nibbled to make a profit!

Any ideas on how much a nibbling session will cost?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2010, 02:00:26 pm »
Ah yes, I went past on Thursday and they were still fitting it out but people were knocking on the door and asking to book appointments. I think it will be a 5 minute wonder myself, the rents in the Victoria centre are so high that an awful lot of feet will have to be nibbled to make a profit!

Its £7.50.  (In the Manchester Arndale its £10)
Mrs Fester is going to give it a try....(rather those fish than me) ...but I can't see this venture lasting.
The rent and rates for that unit was over £30,000 per annum!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2010, 02:34:30 pm »
Ah, yes, but dont forget the overheads are low----they dont have to buy fish food!!

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2010, 04:44:26 pm »
eew.... I really don't like the idea of fish nibbling my feet, but then I've recently watched the Piranha film.  :D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 06:45:11 pm by Pendragon »
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Cartier

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 05:31:37 pm »
How is it that the Cafe and butchers were closed opposite Vollams this afternoon?
3 Saturdays before Christmas and they are closed seems a bit odd to me.

Yorkie

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 06:37:52 pm »
Poyntons have always closed early on a Saturday.  Don't know about the Cafe but wasn't that the place that the police rushed to on Friday afternoon?

Offline Trojan

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 11:08:26 pm »
They've been trying to sell it for a year or two. The competition from Mr. Roberts must have got too much!

L0L

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 05:53:37 pm »

Its £7.50.  (In the Manchester Arndale its £10)
Mrs Fester is going to give it a try....(rather those fish than me) ...but I can't see this venture lasting.
The rent and rates for that unit was over £30,000 per annum!

We had a look this afternoon, no one was having it done but they say they've sold lots of gift vouchers and should be busy in January. I told them I could not believe it was real and there's 'Candid Camera' somewhere! L0L They said it was £10 for 15 mins :-X sounds bonkers to me  L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas