Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 639242 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1695 on: August 24, 2016, 11:45:21 am »
Llandudno's Mostyn Champneys shopping park to revamp shop units.

The owners of a shopping park in Llandudno are planning a major revamp to allow the site to compete in “increasingly difficult market conditions”.
Mostyn Champneys Shopping Park was built nearly 30 years ago and the 22 retail units employ several hundred staff in the town.

Owners Hercules Unit Trust (HUT) have been investigating how to revamp the site to modernise the park and ensure shoppers keep coming back in the face of growing competition from online and rival shopping venues.

A spokesman said: “On the basis of the shopping park’s age and the increasingly challenging market conditions facing retailing generally, the park’s owners HUT have considered a number of options for improving the shopping park’s overall appearance and attraction, and the associated shopping experience for customers.”

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/llandudnos-mostyn-champneys-shopping-park-11789991
No doubt the 'revamp' will involve an application for more shops that they can let at sky high rents....  :laugh:

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1696 on: August 24, 2016, 02:41:03 pm »
No doubt the 'revamp' will involve an application for more shops that they can let at sky high rents....

I can't really blame them if they do.
I would like to see an outside Cafe/stall there, other than McDonald's, usually need a sit down (only two benches on the entire site) when I am over there, I also believe with Homebase going there are no toilet facilities ? other than McD's .

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1697 on: August 24, 2016, 05:57:05 pm »
Cafe,toilets and caes exiting first,anything else second,they are doing it the wromg way round,lots of people do not go back because they get stuck there

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1698 on: August 24, 2016, 06:05:35 pm »
Removing the covered walkways is a big mistake as that's one of Llandudno's best features and respects the Victorian heritage.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #1699 on: August 24, 2016, 08:55:51 pm »
and very handy when it is wet.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1700 on: August 24, 2016, 10:47:48 pm »
Removing the covered walkways is a big mistake as that's one of Llandudno's best features and respects the Victorian heritage.
Sounds like a nonsensical and wasteful proposal, unless there's something I'm missing?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1701 on: August 25, 2016, 09:10:43 am »
Traffic flows at Mostyn Champneys are certainly the biggest problem there at present, it can be a nightmare when you're leaving at the McDonalds end.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1702 on: August 25, 2016, 10:34:52 am »
Traffic flows at Mostyn Champneys are certainly the biggest problem there at present, it can be a nightmare when you're leaving at the McDonalds end.

That's the traffic light system, I think it's set for about 20 seconds, only allows 4/5 cars through, you can see the drivers in race mode, waiting for the green light, but I suppose the main road takes priority .

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1703 on: August 25, 2016, 02:30:59 pm »

That's the traffic light system, I think it's set for about 20 seconds, only allows 4/5 cars through, you can see the drivers in race mode, waiting for the green light, but I suppose the main road takes priority .

Not helped by the relatively short run up to the Links roundabout which can back up, not helped by the cars coming down Conwy Road on the outside and going right around the roundabout to jump the queue into town. The whole set-up is a bit of a mess.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1704 on: August 25, 2016, 07:47:33 pm »
  Before anyone points it out I do that i.e. drive into Llandudno in the outside lane and drive right around the island and proceed into Llandudno mostyn street. And I've got the name of the golf course on the back of my car. But I must point out there is nothing whatsoever illegal or even "jumping the queue" in my actions. If I don't do that I would have to enter via Craig y Don every day or spend half my life in the queue.

Offline SteveH

Re: Everything to do with Shops FOOD RECALL
« Reply #1705 on: August 26, 2016, 05:35:41 pm »
Tubs of one of Ben & Jerry's best-known ice creams have been recalled over fears they may contain small pieces of metal.

Some consumers who bought 500ml cartons of Cookie Dough are being told not to eat it and instead throw it away.
Four batches of the ice cream are thought to be affected and customers are being asked to check batch numbers printed at the bottom of their pots.
The company issued an "important safety notice" after internal quality assurance checks showed that a limited number of products could be affected.

It said: "The company has identified a specific production period during which Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough 500ml may have been affected and, as safety remains a top priority, Ben & Jerry's is voluntarily recalling four batch codes of Cookie Dough 500ml from sale.

"As a precaution, everyone with a 500ml tub of Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough in their freezers at home should check the batch number on the bottom of their tub to make sure it's not affected.
"And, if it matches the batch numbers listed, they should not eat the product and, instead, we ask them to discard the product in the usual household bin."

The batch codes affected are L62110L011, L62111L011, L62112L011 and L62113L011.

Consumers who have to throw away a tub of the ice cream can call 0800 146 252 to find out how to receive a voucher for a free pot.    ref DP

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1706 on: September 10, 2016, 10:47:24 am »
Llandudno Primark 'will bring more young people to the town'.

The arrival of retailing giant Primark in Llandudno will bring more young people to the town and boost the whole area.
That was the message from resort landowners Mostyn Estates who said it highlighted the confidence retailers had in Llandudno.

Edward Hiller, managing director of Mostyn Estates, said: “The change of British Home Stores to Primark along with the development of Tudno Castle Hotel will give Llandudno a more contemporary feel and encourage a more youthful customer to come to Llandudno.

“Primark coming here is good for the future of Llandudno and for the region, alongside the opening of adventure attractions like Surf Snowdonia we are increasing what the region has to offer. It gives the region teeth.
“People are currently travelling to go to Primark stores in other places, this will bring more people here.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/llandudno-primark-will-bring-more-11866452

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1707 on: September 10, 2016, 11:43:58 am »
  Before anyone points it out I do that i.e. drive into Llandudno in the outside lane and drive right around the island and proceed into Llandudno mostyn street. And I've got the name of the golf course on the back of my car. But I must point out there is nothing whatsoever illegal or even "jumping the queue" in my actions. If I don't do that I would have to enter via Craig y Don every day or spend half my life in the queue.

Just because you might have to queue like everyone else does not give you the right to use a dedicated right turn lane to drive straight on. Not only does conduct like that frustrate and annoy other road users, it is an offence under S3 RTA 1988 (As Amended) Driving Without Reasonable Consideration for Other Road Users. If there was a collision, you would be wholly and totally at fault. It's driving conduct like yours that makes driving today tense and irritating.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1708 on: September 10, 2016, 02:19:15 pm »
The problem with that stretch of road, however, is that it starts out as a two-lane carriageway but the Right Hand only indications don't appear until comparatively close to the roundabout, by which time it's often impossible to move into the Left Hand lane. Okay - we as locals know it, but many visitors don't.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1709 on: September 29, 2016, 05:17:21 pm »
Christmas jobs: EVERY Argos store in North Wales now recruiting for seasonal roles.

Argos said that while the jobs are recruited on short-term contracts, stores do look to turn these into permanent roles wherever possible.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/christmas-jobs-every-argos-store-11956885