Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1012103 times)

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 03:47:59 pm »
Went to the Links today for the carvery lunch, very nice and tasty, it is well run and there is no queuing for your food. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.Well worth a try.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 07:12:32 pm »
Interesting B,    *&(

Didn't know that they did a carvery at the Links,
Tell me more,  how much was it?   Whats the choice?   etc...
There are a lot of carvery's around ...and they vary quite a bit.

I've heard that non-residents can partake of the 3 course Carvery in The Grand on an evening,  for only a tenner its supposed to be very good,  anyone been?

Fest.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 07:40:57 pm »
It`s just on a Sunday Fester we bought a pint of bitter and a half of lager plus two lunches and it came to £19 odd so we reckon the meal must have been just under £8 for the one course we did`nt have a sweet (no room), The choice was Turkey Beef and Pork lovely gravy not runny like some places. Hubby had the Beef and said it just melted in the mouth it was so tender.They said they served till 5 if the food lasted out.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 07:45:13 pm »
Mmmmm Tasty!

Did you have to choose one meat? 
I like those carveries where you get some of all the meats if you like,  and can even go back for more...
I think the Aberhod Old Hall is like that..?

Fester...

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 08:25:49 pm »
Fester you weren't by any chance hungry when you responded to the last couple of inputs into this thread. I've never before known any responses be delivered with saliva dripping from them!

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2010, 08:29:30 pm »
Love the motto by the way!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 12:03:27 am »
Oh, Mr Medz ...  surely its obvious by my postings on threads such as this, that I AM ALWAYS hungry !

Its midnight now,  I've just got in after an excellent night in the Cottage Loaf,  and Mrs Fester is away, so I am pin-balling around the kitchen looking for easy to prepare food !!

Mmmmm  FOOD  !!

Is there a Carvery open at this time?  ?{}? ?{}?

Fester...

Offline Trojan

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 06:02:10 am »
Just have to persuade Dave to join the 'rabble' and give the place a try now.  ZXZ

Don't worry Dave, the Tudno Ward is actually quite safe. Just don't go alone.  L0L

http://www.linkshotelllandudno.co.uk/

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 08:05:47 am »
so I am pin-balling around the kitchen looking for easy to prepare food !!

_))* _))* _))*

Astonishingly vivid imagery :-))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 07:43:03 pm »
Bellringer, a few posts back you mention a lunch at the Empire for your pensioners club.  I think I am correct in saying the Chairman, maybe President, goes by the name of Mr. Trehearne. Would he be part of the Trehearne family from the Savoy in Rhyl? If he is the one, I remember him joining the staff of Barclays in the early 1960s.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2010, 09:32:51 pm »
Bellringer,  Would he be part of the Trehearne family from the Savoy in Rhyl? If he is the one, I remember him joining the staff of Barclays in the early 1960s.

Your memory probably serves you well Mike - he is Philip Trehearn and is the Club Chairman. I know he has connections in Penrhyn Bay but now lives in mid Wales.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2010, 09:52:20 pm »
Well, this is not a particularly nice way to settle the matter, but I dont suppose he is likely to read this forum. Is he extremely short in height? i.e. around 4 foot 8 or 9? If so, thats him. Not that it matters, its just to satisfy my curiousity.  Mike

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 11:02:39 am »
I'll not be eating fish and chips again after hearing that  L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2010, 01:04:17 am »
This is a subject I posted on Oscar earlier...but I want more people to be aware.
I wasn't sure whether it belonged on this thread...whats Llandudno like right now, or policing matters!
But here goes.

Word has reached me that on Thurs night a policeman entered the Fat Cat bar and told them that they had to stop their 'but one get one free' cocktail offer which has been in force for at least 2 years to my knowledge. 
He said it was 'irresponsible' ... so the offer was pulled.

Well, how can this be??  There is no law (as I understand it) that has been passed on this, and at £6.50 per drink its hardly going to encourage binge drinking because lets face it,  its still not cheap!

I wonder if this officer is also going to call in on Cost Cutter?  Wetherspoons? and even ASDA .... you can find a whole lot of cut price booze in those places.   Of course not, these are national chains and too much like hard work.

This is a real threat to Fat Cat's business, which is a well run establishment.  It is quiet enough these days without this.

How are businesses supposed to survive when petty and ill-judged actions like this can undermine their efforts?

If I had been the bar manager that night, I would simply have noted the officers objection, and referred it to head office.
Because Fat Cat's is also part of a chain, albeit a small one.

This is a real threat to Fat Cat's business.
Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 07:31:42 am »
I'm amazed that anyone pays £6.50 for one drink  :o
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas