Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1014709 times)

Offline Dunskey

Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #3450 on: April 11, 2017, 01:42:00 pm »
The renovation of The Links in Llandudno appears to be pretty major... has anyone seen any designs of what the finished article will look like?

Here you go.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3451 on: April 11, 2017, 02:04:33 pm »
We went to Wildwood for the first time last night. Early reviews had put us off a bit but we thought it time to give it a go. It was ok, but nothing really special in my view, 7/10 at best.

I warned you, but you obviously didn't listen.  &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Jack

« Reply #3452 on: April 11, 2017, 05:34:46 pm »
I don't think it has been mentioned on here but there has been shenanigans at the Asia Restaurant.

Following the expiry of the Asia lease, the entire staff have moved across the road to the former Mango & Bamboo restaurant and they have renamed it the Merchant of Spice. The old Asia is now being run by the building's landlord and some hastily assembled staff.

Anyway, we went to the Merchant Of Spice on Friday night and the standard of food was as good as ever was in Asia.  $thanx$

And to confuse things further, 'Merchant of Spice' is only a temporary name and it will be called 'Blue Elephant' in the not too distant future.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3453 on: April 11, 2017, 07:03:19 pm »
We went to the Ty Asha in Llanwrst at the weekend, having been to the Ja Ho a couple of times in the past couple of months and felt that the standard has slipped.  The Ty Asha was excellent and has regained it's position that in our opinion it's the best Indian restaurant in the area.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #3454 on: April 12, 2017, 01:52:16 pm »
I think it was Fester who said Mango and Bamboo would never last - obviously he was right!
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3455 on: April 12, 2017, 02:48:21 pm »
Even a stopped clock etc etc  $good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3456 on: April 12, 2017, 04:56:38 pm »
I'm disappointed, because the idea and the food were excellent.... but it was way too quiet to be preparing and wasting so much great food, so it was never going to last.

I also said the same about the Sphinx Shisha bar in upper Mostyn St,  and it lasted about a month or less.
Fester...

Offline Neil

« Reply #3457 on: April 14, 2017, 03:20:37 pm »
I see the Paysanne was mentioned in the Sunday Times, they described it as a Bistro, I don't think the owner will be to insulted even a small article in the Times must be good for business!
Hope I can get a table next time I try.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3458 on: April 14, 2017, 04:03:49 pm »
I see the Paysanne was mentioned in the Sunday Times, they described it as a Bistro, I don't think the owner will be to insulted even a small article in the Times must be good for business!

The Paysanne is excellent,  and I'd say it is a bistro.  Unless I'm missing something?
Fester...

Offline Yelboh

« Reply #3459 on: April 14, 2017, 08:31:05 pm »
Had an amazing meal at Paysanne last night, great food, great wine, great value.  We've been going for years and it's always good.  It was fully booked!

Offline Neil

« Reply #3460 on: April 15, 2017, 10:04:05 am »

The Paysanne is excellent,  and I'd say it is a bistro.  Unless I'm missing something?

A Bistro is lowest form of eaterie in France, usually serving meat or fish stews for a very limited time each day. The word has been hijacked by UK restauranters because they think the word is cute, or maybe because they actually think Bistro is a high end French restaurant.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #3461 on: April 16, 2017, 11:32:51 am »
Outside the Three Towns area, but it's good to see the Dinorben Arms in Bodfari will soon be back in business.         It was a very popular place in the 70's and I've enjoyed many an evening in the place.
It wasn't looking so good last time I saw it when I was out walking in that area so it's really good to see the transformation that has happened since then. 

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/gastro-pub-chain-transforms-historic-12898476

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #3462 on: April 16, 2017, 12:54:22 pm »
These North Wales outlets are on the Food Awards Wales shortlist
From Michelin star restaurants to country pubs, the dozens of establishments to make the list.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/food-awards-wales-shortlist-2017-12883354?service=responsive#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3463 on: April 16, 2017, 02:10:39 pm »
My guests last night went to the Bengal Dynasty and had an appalling meal. After waiting 1 hour 45 minutes for their main course they were served with inedible mush. They complained and the bill was waived, but the B D have certainly lost 2 quite regular clients.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3464 on: April 16, 2017, 02:25:22 pm »
I noticed that Bombay Joes from Nefyn was not on the list.   It's had very good Trip Adviser ratings but zero star ratings on Food Hygiene.