Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 422336 times)

Bosun

• Ad Free Member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #3629 on: November 14, 2017, 07:26:26 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You did well to get in Bosun, we called by at about 8 and the place was heaving. Its pretty small so chances are its going to be hard to get a table most of the time. hopefully it pushes the other pubs to lift their game but i suspect its too small to really hurt them,

Called in to Tapps at the weekend to see how it was after all the opening hype had died down. In short, excellent. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and superb beer.

I agree mondie, I don't think it will hurt other pubs, but it will certainly raise an eyebrow and make a few think. It can only be a good thing.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

« Reply #3630 on: November 14, 2017, 11:59:30 AM »
Tapps is a great place but I will have to grow a beard to fit in :D

Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3631 on: November 14, 2017, 12:21:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Tapps is a great place but I will have to grow a beard to fit in :D

.....and to communicate, shout loudly at your companions who are 8" away from you whilst they shout back.....
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3632 on: Yesterday at 09:09:28 AM »
We decided to go out for dinner on Saturday night and, on a whim, chose Tiffanys. It was great! We had the steak and really enjoyed it, along with a nice Merlot. Very glad we went there, made a nice change from the usual haunts.  $good$