Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1015395 times)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #3645 on: December 21, 2017, 06:46:32 pm »
Yes Hugo last year the young couple who have the chippy opened their doors for the homeless on Boxing Day , how many do you reckon took the offer up ?? ,this year the troops cafe on Mostyn broadway are doing the same lets see how many turn up .

Online Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #3646 on: December 21, 2017, 07:05:03 pm »
Thanks Norman, I seem to remember it now that you've mentioned the chippy.  Which chippy was it?

It's a nice gesture to make at this time of the year.    $good$

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3647 on: December 21, 2017, 08:40:19 pm »
Yes the young couple who own the chippy in Victoria st Craig y don give up their family day and not one turned up ,hope this year they have more success.

Online Hugo

« Reply #3648 on: December 21, 2017, 10:52:20 pm »
Thanks Norman,  it was still a lovely gesture of the couple to make that offer.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3649 on: December 22, 2017, 12:16:47 pm »
Yes Hugo last year the young couple who have the chippy opened their doors for the homeless on Boxing Day , how many do you reckon took the offer up ?? ,this year the troops cafe on Mostyn broadway are doing the same lets see how many turn up .

The majority of the homeless community in Llandudno were at the Hope Restored Christmas dinner as they are every year and all year round where hope restored look after them. If you want to do a gesture for the homeless donate some money to the charity, not just at Christmas but at any time of the year. Llandudno does have an ever increasing problem with homelessness but not enough(thankfully) to facilitate a chippy needing to be open all day for them.

Online Hugo

« Reply #3650 on: December 22, 2017, 05:12:36 pm »

The majority of the homeless community in Llandudno were at the Hope Restored Christmas dinner as they are every year and all year round where hope restored look after them. If you want to do a gesture for the homeless donate some money to the charity, not just at Christmas but at any time of the year. Llandudno does have an ever increasing problem with homelessness but not enough(thankfully) to facilitate a chippy needing to be open all day for them.

Thanks BTR  for posting that piece about Hope Restored, I've just read about it and Brenda and her team are quite remarkable people doing a fantastic job and deserve all the support people can give.    Like you say these vulnerable people need support all year round not just at Christmas, as do some people living on their own hence the gesture by the Ladies from Barmouth. 

http://www.cambrian-news.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118229

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3651 on: December 24, 2017, 11:41:43 am »
There is a concert to raise money for hope restored at venue cymru in February there’s been a few of these in the past and despite the music always being fantastic attendances haven’t been great. Hopefully this one will get a few more people. The TVW stock on the prom August bank holiday did really well and raised a lot of money for hope restored.

Online Hugo

« Reply #3652 on: December 24, 2017, 12:06:58 pm »
I hope that the event is well supported because Brenda and and all the volunteers do need the finances so that they can continue their good work.
Reading about the good work that Hope Restored has done reminded me of a TV programme about Sister Rita, affectionately called  "Attilla the Nun"  who was doing a similar thing in the deprived areas of Manchester.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3653 on: January 18, 2018, 10:40:27 am »
The Haulfre Gardens tearoom is up for sale.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3654 on: January 18, 2018, 12:08:08 pm »
Here is the link for the concert in Venue Cymru on February 11th to support Hope Restored

http://tvwales.co.uk/next-level.html

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #3655 on: January 20, 2018, 11:41:50 am »
The Haulfre Gardens tearoom is up for sale.
[/who with ?quote]

Offline Bri Roberts

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3657 on: January 20, 2018, 10:00:09 pm »
I’m tempted to buy it, and shut it down... just to annoy the ignorant dog owners who make up 95% of the clientele.

When I’m sat trying to have a nice relaxing coffee, taking in the vista, and you’ve got Bonzo, Fido et al, jumping up at me or closing in on me, slobbering expectantly for some food..... No, I don’t think they’re lovely and cute, and no I don’t care if they’re just playing, or saying ‘hello’

Keep the damn things under control, thanks in advance.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3658 on: January 21, 2018, 12:23:37 am »
Down Boy, Down   _))*
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3659 on: January 21, 2018, 02:23:38 pm »
I’m tempted to buy it, and shut it down... just to annoy the ignorant dog owners who make up 95% of the clientele.

When I’m sat trying to have a nice relaxing coffee, taking in the vista, and you’ve got Bonzo, Fido et al, jumping up at me or closing in on me, slobbering expectantly for some food..... No, I don’t think they’re lovely and cute, and no I don’t care if they’re just playing, or saying ‘hello’

Keep the damn things under control, thanks in advance.

*punch* *punch*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.