Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1022743 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #1305 on: April 23, 2013, 06:58:09 pm »
No I don't read the morning advertiser all I know is what I read in the window today which was the statutory notice from administrators which stated the normal contact bumf. the property was also taken by means of a possession order.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1306 on: April 23, 2013, 07:11:50 pm »
Fat Cat Café Bars Limited
Fat Cat Restaurants Limited
Both in Administration

Tyrone Courtman and Nicholas Edwards of business advisory firm, Cooper Parry have been appointed Joint Administrators of the above companies today the 23 April 2013.

The companies, whose head office is in Derby, operates a chain of 11 high quality Bars and gastropubs across the country. These include outlets in Leicester Nottingham Derby and Stoke, as well as the Bow Wharf Pub and Dining Room in London.

The companies currently employ around 200 staff, and whilst a number of the bars are expected to trade on, sadly some redundancies will be inevitable.

Tyrone Courtman, Head of Restructuring at Cooper Parry, said “The companies have been adversely affected by poor trading at a few of their outlets. The Administration affords the companies the opportunity of restructuring its business whilst continuing to trade. We are keen to explore all options and shall continue to trade those operations for the foreseeable future. We believe that those bars continuing are successful performers and we already have significant interest in them continuing as a going concern. I would urge anyone who has any interest in the businesses as a whole or in part to contact me as soon as possible”.

Any party interested in receiving further information should contact the Joint Administrator’s office on (0116) 2629922 or email at tyronec@cooperparry.com

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #1307 on: April 23, 2013, 07:37:03 pm »
I have read the same quotes today as they intend to keep the company operative with the exception of Chester, Stoke, and Landon.
It will be interesting to see what happens to the Merrymoon sight especially in view of your comments regarding Mostyn Estates attitude to another Cafe.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1308 on: April 23, 2013, 07:56:06 pm »
I have read the same quotes today as they intend to keep the company operative with the exception of Chester, Stoke, and Landon.
It will be interesting to see what happens to the Merrymoon sight especially in view of your comments regarding Mostyn Estates attitude to another Cafe.
Maybe Mostyn are now prepared to relax their restrictions, in view of the lack of interest in the site for retail use?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1309 on: April 24, 2013, 12:20:36 am »
I was out and about in Llandudno tonight, and the entire staff of the FatCat Bar were out drowning their sorrows in several local bars.
I felt really sorry for them, as Fat Cat's has always had a high calibre team in place, and I am sure they will all go on to be successful in whatever comes next for them.  ZXZ
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1310 on: April 24, 2013, 09:03:26 am »
I was out and about in Llandudno tonight, and the entire staff of the FatCat Bar were out drowning their sorrows in several local bars.
I felt really sorry for them, as Fat Cat's has always had a high calibre team in place, and I am sure they will all go on to be successful in whatever comes next for them.  ZXZ
Yes, they were a good bunch. I hope that the Fat Cat is sold quickly and they can maybe regain their jobs under a new owner.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1311 on: April 24, 2013, 10:46:04 am »
Tempted to put an offer in Dave? I assume that the local Fat Cat was making money but the group wasn't? Always seems like such a competitive market in that location!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1312 on: April 24, 2013, 10:53:29 am »
The Llandudno one was apparently loss making, hence its immediate closure. I was talking to Fester last night, saying that the generic Fat Cat operating style was perhaps not suitable for Llandudno, with its far high proportion of older people. If the concept were tweaked slightly, I imagine it would be a tremendous success.

Inside the belly of the Fat Cat by [davidrobertsphotography], on Flickr

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1313 on: April 24, 2013, 01:13:40 pm »
The former Little Deli shop at 133 Mostyn St is currently being fitted out as a fish & chip shop.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1314 on: April 24, 2013, 01:19:53 pm »
I see that Caffe Nero have finally put in a planning application for change of use, a year after opening!!

Change of Use of Ground and First Floors to A1 (Shop) / A3 (Food and Drink) Use (Retrospective Application)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1315 on: April 24, 2013, 01:30:19 pm »
I wonder if the success of Caffe Nero affected Fat Cat's takings? There still seems to be far too many cafes and bars to all do well for twelve months of the year!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1316 on: April 24, 2013, 02:13:00 pm »
Good point Merddin.  There are also the less visible food and drink facilities such as at Clares, Waterstones and Debenhams etc.  All these surely chip away at the market.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1317 on: April 24, 2013, 03:23:23 pm »
Shropshire Oatcake Shop Opening Soon
Freshly baked bread

Wholesale enquiries welcome.

Just read this in Upper Mostyn Street !!!!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1318 on: April 24, 2013, 05:44:03 pm »
Shropshire Oatcake Shop Opening Soon
Freshly baked bread

Wholesale enquiries welcome.

Just read this in Upper Mostyn Street !!!!
Whereabouts, Nem?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1319 on: April 24, 2013, 05:46:39 pm »
True story: I was passing the Parade pub on Church Walks earlier. There was a woman unpacking things out of a car outside. A man came out of the open door of the Pub and shouted at the top of his voice to the woman: "I told you to move the f***king car round the side before unloading it". Everyone on the street looks round. Nice, really makes you want to go there for a pint..... &shake&