Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1015453 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #1620 on: July 10, 2013, 03:06:20 pm »
Just been past the former Merrymoon shop and the exterior is being painted. I believe they are aiming to get the new cafe open by the end of this month.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1621 on: July 10, 2013, 04:21:19 pm »
So hot when in Town today, I decided to treat myself to a cooling ice-cream ........ That was until I saw the prices.  Most price lists (where they actually had one) seemed to have been "marked up", probably to take advantage of the extra demand during this weather.

To preserve my pension I opted out and waited until I arrived at my usual coffee house, Cafe Dewi, where I partook of three large scoops of vanilla ice cream, at the very acceptable price of £1.00.  Needless to say, St David's Hospice does get extra benefits from me when I am able to donate.
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1622 on: July 10, 2013, 04:24:02 pm »
Careful Yorkie-- you'll get branded as mean-- like I did ! :twoface:
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1623 on: July 10, 2013, 04:26:40 pm »
So hot when in Town today, I decided to treat myself to a cooling ice-cream ........ That was until I saw the prices.  Most price lists (where they actually had one) seemed to have been "marked up", probably to take advantage of the extra demand during this weather.

To preserve my pension I opted out and waited until I arrived at my usual coffee house, Cafe Dewi, where I partook of three large scoops of vanilla ice cream, at the very acceptable price of £1.00.  Needless to say, St David's Hospice does get extra benefits from me when I am able to donate.
 ZXZ

Special offer on Conwy Quay.....3 ice creams for £10.00!

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1624 on: July 10, 2013, 05:49:31 pm »

I love being called, "mean", I could be the richest mean naughty boy in Town!    ZXZ
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1625 on: July 10, 2013, 06:14:18 pm »
 $good$
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1626 on: July 10, 2013, 06:32:35 pm »
After receiving this advert in an e-mail this morning we decided to call over at 4.30pm only to find nobody outside on the lawn and the BBQ appeared to be out-of-action.

We waited for 10 minutes sitting on a bench outside.

We then decided to leave and drove up to Conwy to the Archway Cafe and very much enjoyed two meals of cod, chips and peas, bread & butter plus a pot of tea for two at a total cost of £13.50 plus £2 tip + £1 parking = £16.50.

Excellent value for money and good service.

P.S. - DaveR, what have I done wrong with the photograph?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1627 on: July 10, 2013, 06:37:34 pm »

I love being called, "mean", I could be the richest mean naughty boy in Town!    ZXZ

DaveR or Ian please remove the word immediately.  You may replace the middle letters with asterisks, as I thought the Forum software would do automatically!   I regard the intervention with such a word as most objectionable!

In fact it may be better to do a full edit and delete the whole comment!

I am surprised that either of you should make such a despicable edit!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 08:31:56 am by DaveR »
Cicero

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1628 on: July 10, 2013, 06:45:11 pm »
Thanks for posting that Bri, I had an e-mail about the BBQ and thought about going so I'm glad I didn't.   The Archways always have nice food so I'm pleased that you enjoyed it there instead.     $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1629 on: July 10, 2013, 10:45:03 pm »
As I'm sure you are aware, the Forum has a system in place whereby swearwords are replaced by more innocuous terms. If you choose to use such inappropriate language, then it will automatically be replaced, I'm afraid.

Please remember that children can read this Forum.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 08:32:40 am by DaveR »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1630 on: July 11, 2013, 12:39:42 am »
Mrs Fester and I popped in to The Groes Inn at Ty'n Y Groes on Monday night.

However, we were intrigued by the menu and the fabulous looking dishes being delivered to adjacent tables.  So we stayed for a proper nosh up!

Without going into detail, the total bill, including drinks, starters, main courses and cheese board came to £60 but I have never eaten as well as this (quality wise) in the last ten years at least.
I will let you discover it for yourselves, but it is highly recommended and I cannot wait to go back, maybe as soon as this weekend.  $dins$ $dins$ $dins$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1631 on: July 11, 2013, 07:47:57 am »
I am aware of the correct use of Forums but when I posted the word I presumed it would be adjusted automatically.  However, when the post was actually put on the Forum the word was shown in full as I had typed it and had NOT been adjusted,  I therefore presumed (incorrectly as it would seem) that it was NOT a banned word.

I am sure that as an intelligent person you would realise that the use of the "b" word is NOT always meant to represent "illegitimate" and is, in fact a word used in general parlance to refer to
certain people.   The use "illegitimate" in this case placed a reflection on my Parents and myself and with the addition of the word "son" became personal and more insulting than the use of the word itself.

Children now, have a vocabulary of words that generally include the "f" word and almost every other expletive known to man.

The "b" word is, in fact, in the Oxford English, and every other Dictionary I possess, so I cannot see why its use should be disallowed.

In future I will be somewhat more careful when posting to this Forum.

I now request again for the offensive words to be removed.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 08:31:29 am by DaveR »
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1632 on: July 11, 2013, 08:37:45 am »
I've looked at the Oxford English dictionary of that word...

1] archaic or derogatory a person born of parents not married to each other.
2] informal an unpleasant or despicable person:

I'm a touch surprised you would choose to refer to yourself as 'an unpleasant or despicable person'? :twoface:

But anyway, I've changed the word replacement to say 'naughty boy' instead. $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1633 on: July 11, 2013, 10:24:56 am »
The Castle View pub in Deganwy is available for lease.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1634 on: July 11, 2013, 02:12:36 pm »
I've looked at the Oxford English dictionary of that word...

1] archaic or derogatory a person born of parents not married to each other.
2] informal an unpleasant or despicable person:

I'm a touch surprised you would choose to refer to yourself as 'an unpleasant or despicable person'? :twoface:

But anyway, I've changed the word replacement to say 'naughty boy' instead. $good$

Thank you.   

Whilst one can read litteral meanings of words from text books, in everyday language we do not always mean what the Dictionary defines.  See the current thread on peculiar expressions.

I would never regard myself as despicable but certainly, those who know me will tell you, I can be extremely unpleasant.   
 D)
Cicero