Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1028279 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #2415 on: October 18, 2014, 01:48:17 pm »
Hi Gwynant,    Only name I remember is Tony (sully) Sullivan drummer... &shake&
He's a bit younger than the guys previously mentioned.

Think they played around 1985...?  I'm guessing early 60s..

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2416 on: October 18, 2014, 02:00:00 pm »
Hi Gwynant,    Only name I remember is Tony (sully) Sullivan drummer... &shake&
He's a bit younger than the guys previously mentioned.

Think they played around 1985...?  I'm guessing early 60s..

What I mean is Lemmy is in his late 60s and Sully is early 50s so they played locally at very different times.
Valar Morghulis

Offline SteveH

« Reply #2417 on: October 18, 2014, 02:08:28 pm »
Hi SDQ.. sorry getting my years mixed up, Sully wont be impressed with me getting his age wrong.... :roll:

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2418 on: October 18, 2014, 07:36:33 pm »
Lemmy Kilmister died several years ago, but no one dared to tell him, so he is still just about fronting Motorhead.

They prop him up like 'El Cid', and Iam off to see him in Manchester on November 4th.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2419 on: October 18, 2014, 11:30:19 pm »
Called into the Time Cafe Bar in Conwy for the first, er, 'time' today. Great place for lunch. $good$

Offline SteveH

« Reply #2420 on: October 20, 2014, 01:10:41 pm »
Hickory's Smokehouse secures £6m investment to open 10 new restaurants

Hickory’s Smokehouse, which runs a highly successful restaurant in Rhos-on-Sea, has secured a £6m investment to open a further 10 restaurants.
Hickory’s, the American-style smokehouse and BBQ restaurant chain, was founded in 2010 by Neil McDonnell and currently operates from three sites in Chester, West Kirby and Rhos-on-Sea.
The site in Rhos has proved a huge success since opening in March and recently the firm said it would not rule out further expansion in the area.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/hickorys-smokehouse-secures-6m-investment-7964617

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2421 on: October 20, 2014, 01:42:51 pm »
Hickory's Smokehouse secures £6m investment to open 10 new restaurants

Hickory’s Smokehouse, which runs a highly successful restaurant in Rhos-on-Sea, has secured a £6m investment to open a further 10 restaurants.
Hickory’s, the American-style smokehouse and BBQ restaurant chain, was founded in 2010 by Neil McDonnell and currently operates from three sites in Chester, West Kirby and Rhos-on-Sea.
The site in Rhos has proved a huge success since opening in March and recently the firm said it would not rule out further expansion in the area.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/hickorys-smokehouse-secures-6m-investment-7964617
One on Anglesey would be very welcome.  $good$

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2422 on: October 20, 2014, 02:12:26 pm »
For Gwynant and all interested... behold, The Motown Sect, with Lemmy in the middle.
Formally the Rocking Ravens, according to the article?

Nice nostalgic photo Fester, although the only one besides Lemmy that I can recognisein the photo is Glyn, (who was also known as Glunk, had a milk round and always had a collie dog wth him!).
    When Lemmy left the band to go to Manchester I can remember a lad from the Bay called Haydn Bannister took over as lead singer with the Motown Sect but he died very suddenly soon afterwards. I also seem to recall that Lemmy (Ian Kilmister?) was reportedly the son of a vicar or lay preacher and he got his nickname from asking everyone he met "lemmy a fiver till next week!"
    SteveH, I can't recall the "Dream Machine", have you got the names of any of the band members?

Very suddenly indeed, he killed himself. Very sad. I think Terry Bainam was in the band at that time, he died as well a few years ago on holiday

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2423 on: October 21, 2014, 11:32:24 am »
Work is well underway on the new Starbucks at 1 Mostyn Street.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2424 on: October 22, 2014, 11:42:31 pm »
Took Dave's advice and ventured to Time Bar and Cafe in Conwy for lunch.

It really is excellent, and deserves to do very well.   I had a very satisfying omelette, and an expertly prepared salad, plus the standard of the filter coffee was as good as I have ever had.

The owners are the same family who own the Manor Hotel in Llandudno,  (and formerly Manor Fine Foods), they tell me that the hotel is fully booked next week. 
On the basis of what we had to eat, the Time Bar deserves to be fully booked too!   $good$ $good$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2425 on: October 23, 2014, 09:05:25 am »
Took Dave's advice
Always a wise move...  :laugh:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2426 on: November 03, 2014, 11:56:36 am »
Both the Cambridge Mostyn Restaurant in Mostyn Street and the Olive Grove Coffee Shop in Deganwy are up for sale.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2427 on: November 06, 2014, 03:53:16 pm »
Big news on the Parade come Snooze bar,still fast asleep.
 :rage:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 06:15:05 pm by DaveR »

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #2428 on: November 06, 2014, 05:31:21 pm »
An application has gone in for a tapas bar in the old HSBC bank building, Conwy. The fact is do we need more eateries in Conwy ? Perhaps a bit different from the norm, so wish them well all the same.

On the other hand Baravellie's chocolate heaven have opened in Bangor Road so bang goes my pre Christmas diet!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2429 on: November 09, 2014, 06:38:12 pm »
Well we say good bye to Dr Jonses,i really enjoyed the music but as Fester said it is to become a restaurant,Portugese not Indian.Apparently the old navel club is Micks next target as a music venue.