Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1015329 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #3315 on: November 18, 2016, 01:39:52 pm »
I hope that you can give the Signatures a try as I don't think that you'll be disappointed with the place or the quality of the food.  Please let us know what you think of the place if you do go there.

Offline hollins

« Reply #3316 on: November 18, 2016, 04:53:07 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lunch today for Hollins, gilthead bream with saffron orzo, (which I found out today is rice shaped pasta, a new one for me) pancetta, braised kale and fennel.

Best of all a view of the raging waves and the changing light over at Rhos.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3317 on: November 18, 2016, 06:26:56 pm »
You're lucky to have the best of both worlds Hollins, I had the view, but had to make do with a bowl of soup for lunch.    :(

Offline hollins

« Reply #3318 on: November 18, 2016, 06:35:44 pm »
Oh no, you are making me feel bad now. I had soup as well!     $dins$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3319 on: November 18, 2016, 07:38:55 pm »
That's cheered me up no end Hollins.      &shake&

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3320 on: November 21, 2016, 08:42:57 am »
Upon hearing Bosun's comments that he had found the Seahorse to be 'mediocre', we had no choice but to visit on Friday evening. Fortunately, it turned out that both the food and wine were still great.  clappinghappy

We also tried the Sunday Roast at the Albert on, er, Sunday.  :roll:  At £11.75, it was a tiny bit overpriced, in my view, but it certainly went down a treat. The Albert was absolutely packed to the gunnels due to the Christmas Market but we were served quickly and efficiently.  $good$

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3321 on: November 21, 2016, 10:15:29 am »
DaveR, if you are going to quote me you might at least quote in full; I actually wrote 'We've found the Seahorse (that get's good reviews on here) to be mediocre and variable', acknowledging that it does get appreciative recommendations on the forum. My experience of the Seahorse has been one superb meal, and several mediocre, the last time we were practically force fed and rushed through the meal, they obviously wanted the table for another sitting. That was not a particularly pleasant experience. However, I'm glad that my post 'gave you no choice but to visit' and that you enjoyed it.

The TTF is an excellent tool to recommend and gather support for worthwhile venues, and similarly, advise on those that fall below expectations. However, these are personal experiences and subjective, not definitive statements. That is, apart from whether or not there is a wood fired oven......

Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3322 on: November 21, 2016, 10:33:12 am »
May I add that if you thought that the Albert's Sunday Roast was 'at £11.75 a tiny bit overpriced', but you had good and efficient service, try The Hayloft at Bodnant Gardens. £16.00 for a Sunday Roast (just the main course) the quality of a factory canteen and with awful service.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3323 on: November 21, 2016, 11:51:53 am »
I've not yet tried it myself, but I am being urged by many I know to go to Bodafon Farm for Sunday lunch.
The various members of the Llandudno Sunday club tell me that they try everywhere in the local area, but feel drawn back to Bofafon as it is unbeatable in terms of quality and value for money.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3324 on: November 21, 2016, 03:19:17 pm »
I've not yet tried it myself, but I am being urged by many I know to go to Bodafon Farm for Sunday lunch.
The various members of the Llandudno Sunday club tell me that they try everywhere in the local area, but feel drawn back to Bofafon as it is unbeatable in terms of quality and value for money.

I assume this is some kind of Morrissey fan club? If so where do I sign up  8)

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #3325 on: November 21, 2016, 03:57:25 pm »
Food at the Albert is generally first rate, perhaps a touch pricey for pub grub but I pay it happily considering how consistent the food is. Service is generally good too although I do wish they had table service for food, a minor gripe.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Daihardwelshman

« Reply #3326 on: November 21, 2016, 04:11:42 pm »
A place which is very good for sunday lunch or evening meal is The Bee inn, Eglwysbach. I know it is a bit further out but worth going
instead of the Hayloft!!!!

Offline Daihardwelshman

« Reply #3327 on: November 21, 2016, 04:28:55 pm »

Offline mull

« Reply #3328 on: November 21, 2016, 04:56:37 pm »
Great news.
Never paid more than £1 for a cup of coffee in my life. How people have been conned over the past few years for a cup of hot water is beyond me.
There are plenty of mugs around, not only in coffee shops.

Offline mull

« Reply #3329 on: November 21, 2016, 05:06:34 pm »
I wonder if Mr Ryanair will enter the market with his "Irish Coffees".
Probably there will be no tables in the cafe so that he can cram a few extra customers in, or pay £1 for a cup or bring your own cup.