Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1016296 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #3435 on: March 03, 2017, 09:11:24 am »
I know what the owner was saying to Bosun though, because more and more 'problem customers' are being attracted to Llandudno.
I have seen tables of eight visitors in the Emperor Chinese all walk out refusing to pay, after gorging themselves on food and alcohol.  It made me angry and sick for the proprietor.
The same has apparently happened 2 or 3 times in Mango and Bamboo in the previous few weeks.
They don't deserve to be treated this way by scum, freeloading visitors, no one does.
I remembered Festers comments from before when I read this............
Some 120 diners celebrating a baptism at a restaurant in a north-western Spanish town all fled the restaurant at once without paying, the owner said.
The Romanian diners, who had paid a deposit of €900 ($950; £770), left the El Carmen restaurant in Bembibre as dessert was due to be served, Antonio Rodriguez said.
"It happened in the space of a minute," he said. "It was something they had planned and they left in a stampede."
The diners owe €2,000 more, he said.
Mr Rodriguez gave police the details on the reservation but said he held out little hope of being repaid. Police told El Pais newspaper they had not yet been able to contact any of the diners.
The diners had consumed starters, a main course and 30 bottles of various alcoholic drinks, he said, adding that it was the first time in 35 years of working in the restaurant trade that he had seen seen anything comparable.  Ref B

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3436 on: March 03, 2017, 12:07:46 pm »
I tell you Steve, this sort of vermin are becoming the norm, as each generation is born without the values of their forebears.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #3437 on: March 06, 2017, 09:39:19 am »
I am sad to read on Tom's twitter this morning that Enoch's is closing the Llandudno Junction branch today.
On a brighter note, (for some!), Bryn has put some new dishes on the menu at the skip.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #3438 on: March 06, 2017, 10:16:28 am »
I am sad to read on Tom's twitter this morning that Enoch's is closing the Llandudno Junction branch today.
On a brighter note, (for some!), Bryn has put some new dishes on the menu at the skip.

Its ok H. Tom has just revised his DP blog......

Popular chippy... to be refurbished!
Panic over everyone... It appears the message on Facebook is somewhat misleading. The Llandudno Junction chippy is not closing for good, but rather, for a refurbishment.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #3439 on: March 06, 2017, 10:18:46 am »
Enochs announced on Facebook they were closing in Junction however all is not as it seems... see Daily Post site very shortly!

As for my weekend, I darkened the door of The Nevill for the first time in my four years living in Llandudno/Junction. AN absolutely appalling selection of beer (no hand pull whatsoever) but there was a decent lager for £2.50 so I was somewhat pleased.

They had all the footy on and speaking to a few in the establishment there's been a real effort to crack down on the less than savoury characters who used to frequent it. Probably where I'll go in Llandudno to watch the footy in future.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3440 on: March 07, 2017, 12:14:28 pm »
I tell you Steve, this sort of vermin are becoming the norm, as each generation is born without the values of their forebears.

And they also said that about your generation, and every other generation before that!

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

ATTRIBUTION: Attributed to SOCRATES by Plato, according to William L.
Patty and Louise S. Johnson, Personality and Adjustment, p. 277
(1953)."

Bartleby.com
http://www.bartleby.com/73/195.html

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3441 on: March 07, 2017, 02:21:12 pm »
Indeed. Nowt new under the sun...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #3442 on: March 12, 2017, 05:42:47 pm »
Been out for a posh birthday lunch with mum and action man to Tyddyn Llan in Llandrillo.
A great restaurant for a special treat.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #3443 on: April 03, 2017, 03:11:18 pm »
I was in Johnny Dough's on Friday, lovely pizza once again (and very busy). East on Saturday night was also chocka, we had the gourmet menu for four of us, plenty of food and good quality. Went to Gresham later on, which was absolutely HEAVING. Great to see Llandudno so busy.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #3444 on: April 03, 2017, 04:11:22 pm »
I was in Johnny Dough's on Friday, lovely pizza once again (and very busy). East on Saturday night was also chocka, we had the gourmet menu for four of us, plenty of food and good quality. Went to Gresham later on, which was absolutely HEAVING. Great to see Llandudno so busy.
Celebrating the win  ?    ......   &well&

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #3446 on: April 03, 2017, 05:56:10 pm »
I was out with the in-laws actually.  Z**

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #3447 on: April 11, 2017, 08:50:50 am »
The renovation of The Links in Llandudno appears to be pretty major... has anyone seen any designs of what the finished article will look like?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3448 on: April 11, 2017, 01:13:46 pm »
I don't think it has been mentioned on here but there has been shenanigans at the Asia Restaurant.

Following the expiry of the Asia lease, the entire staff have moved across the road to the former Mango & Bamboo restaurant and they have renamed it the Merchant of Spice. The old Asia is now being run by the building's landlord and some hastily assembled staff.

Anyway, we went to the Merchant Of Spice on Friday night and the standard of food was as good as ever was in Asia.  $thanx$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3449 on: April 11, 2017, 01:15:30 pm »
We went to Wildwood for the first time last night. Early reviews had put us off a bit but we thought it time to give it a go. It was ok, but nothing really special in my view, 7/10 at best.