Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1015469 times)

Offline mondie

• Ad Free Member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #3510 on: June 19, 2017, 11:42:07 am »
Yes I rate the Blue Elephant too, we had a good meal across the road in Asia on Sat night so we are spoilt for choice. I like sitting in the window at Asia and watching the world go by, the shop location of BE is its only drawback.

Took the family to Wildwood last week, the food was ok but portions are too small and I thought drinks were expensive. I go to an Italian restaurant for a gut full not to come home for a snack.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3511 on: June 19, 2017, 11:51:04 am »
You've reminded me that we had lunch in Wildwood on Thursday. It was the '2 courses and a drink for £10' offer and it was very good. I had the Bruschetta as a starter and then the Burger as a main. Bruschetta wasn't massive but acceptable, whilst the burger was a decent size and tasty. We had Prosecco to drink (costs a £1 extra). Nice meal and efficient staff, good value.  $good$

Offline mondie

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3512 on: June 19, 2017, 07:28:26 pm »
That sounds like good value Dave. I am now a fully fledged fan of Wildwood now my daughter has started work there  :P

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #3513 on: June 19, 2017, 08:59:59 pm »
Some guests went to the Bengal on Saturday and gave quite poor feedback.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3514 on: June 19, 2017, 09:25:18 pm »
Some guests went to the Bengal on Saturday and gave quite poor feedback.
No one should go there.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #3515 on: June 19, 2017, 10:26:05 pm »
I had a sit down meal in Blue Elephant on Friday night. It was first rate and very good value, less than £40. Two main meals, two rice, two side and two drinks. (Yes, I had company) 
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #3516 on: June 20, 2017, 12:25:06 pm »
There's a new Italian ice cream parlour being kitted out in one of the Travelodge's shop units.

The Crolla Ice Cream Company.....

http://www.crollasicecream.co.uk/home/

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3517 on: June 20, 2017, 03:43:40 pm »
Very nice but opening hours are:

Saturday 8am - 12pm.

Sunday CLOSED

Almost as bad as Wildwood who do not open until midday every day (unless it has recently changed)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3518 on: June 21, 2017, 09:38:07 am »
Almost as bad as Wildwood who do not open until midday every day (unless it has recently changed)
It's a restaurant, rather than a cafe, so wouldn't open until lunchtime.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3519 on: June 22, 2017, 12:31:51 pm »
One will not be turned away if one orders tea and coffee either inside or out.

DaveR, I would imagine they are losing plenty of income by not opening until noon.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #3520 on: June 24, 2017, 02:33:15 pm »
Llandudno micro pub plan for cake shop
David Guinn wants the site to promote local ales and lagers from craft breweries in the area.

A mobile bar owner wants to open a micro pub in Llandudno.
David Guinn, who has been running Smooth Mobile Bars for weddings and parties, now wants to bring Tapps Micro Pub to the seaside town.
He says the pub would sell local ales and lagers with a focus on providing an outlet for micro breweries in the area.

Mr Guinn has submitted the pub plan for the site of a cake shop on Madoc Street.
In his application, he said: "At the forefront of my plans for Tapps is to provide a hub for locals and visitors to enjoy a wide array of local ales and lagers, primarily concentrating on local micro breweries and their products.
“Food will also be sourced from local producers, ideally within Snowdonia, as a low key addition to the ales.

“I feel this will offer Llandudno something different to all of the chain style pubs and nightclub venues in town.
“I want Tapps to be a respectable and enjoyable venue for all ages.”
The pub would create up to five full and part time roles.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/llandudno-micro-pub-plan-cake-13232011

Offline SteveH

« Reply #3521 on: June 30, 2017, 06:26:45 pm »
Llandudno McDonald's is set to be demolished with two restaurants built at Mostyn Champneys to replace it.

Under the proposal submitted to Conwy council the fast food restaurant would be knocked down with McDonald's moving to a new two storey site next to the Iceland store.
If planning is granted, they would only move once the second site is ready to open.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/llandudno-mcdonalds-restaurant-knocked-downbut-13264088

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3522 on: July 11, 2017, 09:25:47 am »
Johnny Dough's has twice been a very pleasant experience, both the food and the staff have been excellent.  The first time was so good, we went back with friends and had a really nice supper. It's a real asset to Llandudno.

I can thoroughly recommend the beer in the Bay Hop, Colwyn Bay, an excellent establishment the likes of which I hope to see more in the area.

The disappointment of the year (so far) was the poor meal we had last week at the Seahorse -  bland, tasteless and overcooked. However, the staff were pleasant.

Sadly I keep hearing the same experience being repeated about Dylans, very mediocre and overpriced. Several friends have all reported the same thing, one immensely disappointed with the poor food and service having taken her family there for her mothers birthday. It doesn't fill me with a longing to try it.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #3523 on: July 19, 2017, 09:52:57 am »
Chinese restaurant plan for Rhos-on-Sea's Old Pump House
The former owner of the popular Fu's in Caernarfon is behind the application.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/chinese-restaurant-plan-rhos-seas-13351150

Offline Neil

« Reply #3524 on: July 19, 2017, 11:07:12 am »
I haven't had a decent Chines since I left Manchester,  some of the local ones can't even cook rice!
Hope this Fu guy can, if this project ever happens.