Author Topic: Obstacles to Tourism in Llandudno  (Read 138891 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Obstacles to Tourism in Llandudno
« Reply #525 on: August 15, 2017, 01:30:23 pm »
To be fair, I witnessed the 'inspector' chase after a couple of visitors on Sunday afternoon and insist they return to pick up their dog poo off the steps leading down to the beach near the slipway.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #526 on: August 15, 2017, 01:40:21 pm »
Begs the question if there are people being paid - and presumably well to do this job on the promenade and beaches. Why don't they ban Klansman Security from those areas and only allow them to operate in the town centre to catch litter droppers?

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #527 on: August 15, 2017, 02:05:34 pm »
The Westshore situation explained.

WARDENS will be permanently stationed on the beach this summer after several rescues from sandbanks.
 The wardens – to be known as seaboard inspectors – will be on Llandudno’s West Shore Saturday, May 5 until mid-September.

Conwy Harbour Master Matthew Forbes said that the seaboard inspectors will be stationed at West Shore during low water – when the sandbank becomes isolated from the beach.
 He said: “They work a rota to ensure the beach is manned seven days a week, from 9am to 8pm. Their shifts are arranged around the times of low water, in order to ensure coverage when the ‘North Deep’ channel fills with water.
“The inspectors are equipped with a quad bike, which allows them to effectively patrol the beach and warn members of the public if they have moved too far out on the sands.
 “They also have binoculars and hand-held radios.”
REF DP May 2013

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #528 on: August 15, 2017, 02:43:14 pm »
To be fair, I witnessed the 'inspector' chase after a couple of visitors on Sunday afternoon and insist they return to pick up their dog poo off the steps leading down to the beach near the slipway.

I hope he had better luck than me when I used to remonstrate with people on the pier about dog poo. Ended up in fisticuffs more than once. 
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #529 on: August 15, 2017, 03:54:49 pm »
...which is probably why they now employ Kingdom Security...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #530 on: August 15, 2017, 04:56:55 pm »
...which is probably why they now employ Kingdom Security...

Kingdom Security are banned from the pier, with it being private property... but prior to the ban they did spend a lot of time on there terrorising people.

I used to bait them, by pretending to throw litter into the sea behind my kiosk, but actually put it in my pocket.  They were like meerkats, trying to get a glimpse of what I was up to.

Fester...

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #531 on: August 15, 2017, 06:37:07 pm »
Do we not still have a promenade inspector? At one time he used to set off at a rare pace chasing people who took a dog on to the beach.

Nem, I have seen inspector's on both prom's recently,  (the Westshore chap uses a quad bike)
not sure what their duties are though.

Sitting in a hut? $donald$
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #532 on: August 16, 2017, 12:07:01 am »
Do we not still have a promenade inspector? At one time he used to set off at a rare pace chasing people who took a dog on to the beach.

Nem, I have seen inspector's on both prom's recently,  (the Westshore chap uses a quad bike)

Doesn't make him a bad person, I made a career out of it!   :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #533 on: August 16, 2017, 10:39:55 am »

Doesn't make him a bad person, I made a career out of it!   :laugh: :laugh:

Pizza hut?  :P

Offline Hugo

« Reply #534 on: August 17, 2017, 08:08:14 am »
It's not just Llandudno but it's happening all over N Wales too, but does Kingdom Securities tackle anyone other than soft targets?

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/kingdom-security-fine-travellers-who-13483056

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #535 on: August 18, 2017, 06:18:50 pm »

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #536 on: August 18, 2017, 07:09:09 pm »
It's interesting.  It's legal under the Criminal Justice Act 1988 (section 139) and Offensive Weapons Act 1996 (section 3 and 4) for people to carry a sword for religious, cultural or work related (filming, drama) reasons. The cultural defence might well have worked. The big question for me, however, is where did he buy it?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #537 on: August 18, 2017, 08:06:20 pm »
That was my thought, unless it was a toy sword from Billy Lals I can't think of anywhere that would sell such a thing except perhaps the shop opposite Bog Island which sells Eastern type souvenirs such as waving cats and lucky turtles ! :roll:
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #538 on: August 18, 2017, 09:48:08 pm »
Doesn't that Armoury shop in Conwy sell genuine swords?
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #539 on: August 19, 2017, 08:18:43 am »
The Knight Shop? Yes - of course.  And they have an outlet in Mochdre. They sell reproductions but they could still do a bit of damage.