Author Topic: Obstacles to Tourism in Llandudno  (Read 139364 times)

Offline Cordyline

• Management board member
Re: Obstacles to Tourism in Llandudno
« Reply #450 on: October 28, 2014, 08:26:23 pm »
We are contacting to you with reference to the above booking at our Llandudno Travelodge and very much regret to inform you that the hotel will not be open in time for your visit.

Unfortunately there has been a delay in the completion of this hotel and it will not open until 26th January 2015.  We fully appreciate that this will impact on your travel plans.

Of course, we wish to assist in relocating your booking to another Travelodge and we have relocated your booking to our Colwyn Bay Travelodge, which is just over 7 miles from Llandudno

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #451 on: October 28, 2014, 08:50:29 pm »
Hard luck, Cordy  hope you get sorted... ££$     Still do not think it will open in Jan.

Offline Cordyline

« Reply #452 on: October 28, 2014, 10:50:40 pm »
No probs Steve; won't be going to CB, asked for refund

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #453 on: October 29, 2014, 11:38:29 am »
We are contacting to you with reference to the above booking at our Llandudno Travelodge and very much regret to inform you that the hotel will not be open in time for your visit.

Unfortunately there has been a delay in the completion of this hotel and it will not open until 26th January 2015.  We fully appreciate that this will impact on your travel plans.

Of course, we wish to assist in relocating your booking to another Travelodge and we have relocated your booking to our Colwyn Bay Travelodge, which is just over 7 miles from Llandudno

Hate to say this, but I posted this weeks ago. Steve H............I agree with you there, it still has a long way to go.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:26:00 pm by DaveR »
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #454 on: October 29, 2014, 05:04:20 pm »
Nem,  we did ''told you so'' ....... same with The Waverley, ... and several other things. but I wish I had been wrong!

There is a lot to look forward to in 2015.   $good$ $good$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #455 on: October 29, 2014, 08:54:53 pm »
Like 2016

Offline Cordyline

« Reply #456 on: October 29, 2014, 09:36:16 pm »
They don't want to make a refund - be warned

Your booking is not cancelled, it is just being relocated to another hotel 5 miles further along the road.  The room rates you have secured are co competitive that I would doubt you would be able to match them anywhere else for that time of the year.

Before we cancel for definite, I wonder if you might reconsider, as I can only refund these rooms in the form of an e voucher.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #457 on: October 29, 2014, 11:01:34 pm »
I would have thought that they have broken the contract by being unable to supply that which you have ordered? You have rejected the alternative which was offered so they must refund your money, not as an e voucher either!  But I am no legal expert! You could contact trading standards for advice! Good luck!  ££$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #458 on: October 30, 2014, 07:06:50 am »
as I can only refund these rooms in the form of an e voucher.

ME's correct.  They are obliged to refund the cost, as they are unable to perform their part of the contract. The only way they could get out of the refund is if you had agreed to a clause which stated that your original booking was for a location and not a specific hotel and that they were able to move your booking at their discretion.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #459 on: October 30, 2014, 09:19:51 am »
We could all see it wasn't going to be ready, maybe by March so they should not have taken bookings ,would they pay for a taxi to Llandudno /colwyn bay  No they are at fault demand your refund .

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #460 on: October 30, 2014, 09:22:54 am »
What a way to begin trading here. :-X

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #461 on: October 30, 2014, 03:08:12 pm »
Taken this afternoon. The Clarence

Offline hollins

« Reply #462 on: October 30, 2014, 03:45:48 pm »
Cordyline, So very sorry to hear about your disappointment especially after the Waverley incident. You are due a bit of good luck.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #463 on: October 30, 2014, 04:31:44 pm »
Travelodge T&C

8.Relocation

1.Travelodge operates a relocation policy (for more details on (relocation policy click here). If a room is unavailable on arrival (except due to an event beyond our reasonable control, (see section 10.2)) then, we will either:
provide a room in another Travelodge hotel and pay the reasonable cost of transport to that alternative hotel or any applicable car park; OR
provide a room in a third party hotel and pay the reasonable cost of transport to that alternative hotel or any applicable car park; OR
at your request, cancel your Booking and refund you any money you have paid in advance for the unavailable room(s) including related extras.
If you are due to pay on arrival at the hotel we will take payment for the cost of the booking and any prepaid extras. As outlined above any additional costs over and above the original cost of the booking will be covered by Travelodge. I.e. difference in room rates, reasonable transport costs, car park charges.

Section 10.2

Events Beyond our Reasonable Control: We shall not be in breach of these terms, nor liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations in relation to your Booking (such as the provision of room(s) and/or other products and/or services and/or extras) due to any adverse event, act, omission or accident which happens which is beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, interruption or fire (except by way of our default) or failure of (except by way of our default) electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or any collapse of building structures

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #464 on: October 31, 2014, 08:38:28 am »
Nem,  we did ''told you so'' ....... same with The Waverley, ... and several other things. but I wish I had been wrong!

There is a lot to look forward to in 2015.   $good$ $good$

I hope we have Fester 'cos the way things are at the moment nothing seems either settled or finished.