Author Topic: Genealogy - Llandudno early families  (Read 40652 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Re: Welcome!
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2014, 06:25:01 pm »
Karen,  I'm not sure what you are looking for or how much you know about your Grandmother but I had a look at some Census records in the Library today and I'll post something on the forum later tonight and it'll be  under the heading " Genealogy and Research"

Offline HistoryBoy78

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 12:39:03 pm »
Hi Everybody and thank you for allowing me onto the post, I am a keen amateur Local Historian, originally from Conwy, and Im looking forward to finding out much more from the site!   I am currently looking into Llandudno Museum and FE Chardon himself, so Im sure Ill have many questions soon, thanks once again  ...

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2014, 12:41:41 pm »
Hi History Boy and Karen

Karen the 1929 directory shows that John Southworth Musician lived at Sunny Mount, 15 Old Road

Offline Hugo

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2014, 04:01:51 pm »
Karen,  have a look at genealogy and research on this forum and see if these are your relatives.   

Offline karenjadejoy

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2014, 09:28:58 pm »
Hi History Boy and Karen

Karen the 1929 directory shows that John Southworth Musician lived at Sunny Mount, 15 Old Road

thanks for that info suepp that i didnt know,  and hugo i have basic info on my relatives but not alot detailed.  i was badsically just starting to look into the Llandudno area, and key words that i have, and from the bits of census and info i have gleaned. i havnt managed to find connections on ishmaels side other than his birth and family names.   and i was hunting itmes about the pavilion and johns connection to that and if or my grandfather  Harry southworth also played there as a cellist  pre or post WW1,    thanks for the input its appreciated

silly question  when you say 1929 directory what do you actually mean? a record made in
llandudno or the census recs  and does john have hos family there at the time
things like that i am hunting up any snippets really.  that help form a picture.

Offline Hugo

Re: Genealogy - Llandudno early families
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2014, 02:11:38 pm »
Karen,  Suepp is referring to the 1929 Street Index of Llandudno.   In the index only the name of the "breadwinner" of the household is listed not the other members of their family.
Their names are  listed alphabetically and are therefore easy to trace and the directory shows where they lived.   Then the streets are listed showing the names of those people living there.
The Archives also has these Indexes for 1911, 1914, 1926, 1929, 1939 and another in the 1960's

Offline karenjadejoy

Re: Genealogy - Llandudno early families
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2014, 05:55:02 pm »
Karen,  Suepp is referring to the 1929 Street Index of Llandudno.   In the index only the name of the "breadwinner" of the household is listed not the other members of their family.
Their names are  listed alphabetically and are therefore easy to trace and the directory shows where they lived.   Then the streets are listed showing the names of those people living there.
The Archives also has these Indexes for 1911, 1914, 1926, 1929, 1939 and another in the 1960's
aha!!  thanks shall remember this bit of useful info:  im sure no where near as this geneology hunting up as you guys appear to be  but i learn !!!