Author Topic: Llandudno swimming pool - a catalogue of admin errors  (Read 70658 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Llandudno swimming pool
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2014, 07:33:16 pm »
Sadly we live in a world of such 'political correctness' now and have to watch what we say for people take offence so easily. No gollywogs on my Robertsons Marmalade anymore :( and that is a terrible shame.

Well, of course it is the politicians once again deciding that humans are not humans anymore!  They want to rule every minute of our existence with all the petty laws about do this, don't do that etc.   If the couple in the pool had bern Welsh or English would any Welshman or Englishman have complained about the nationality being mentioned.  I don't think so, but we do find Welsh and English complaining that we use the word Pakistani or that N word that even the N's use themselves!

It is maybe about time I asked for all my bills from the council to be in YorkshireDutch!    ZXZ
Or as a compromise I'll accept Cockney!    Z**
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

craigollerton

« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2014, 07:49:33 pm »
_))* YorkshireDutch, good luck with that :)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2014, 09:51:55 pm »
   Right off the topic, but two posts back I agree 100 percent with Yorkie.
   A year or so ago a top lady politician apologised for using the word Jap to describe some Japanese.
   I was horrified and disgusted. Not about her using the word. Oh no, I was horrified and disgusted that she found it necessary to apologise. And to the bloody japs of all people.
   What the hell is wrong. Americans are proud to be called Yanks, Irish Paddies, Welsh taffies etc etc. So what is so ultra special about the Japs? Even the French dont get too uptight at being called frogs

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2014, 12:41:36 am »

I asked what the relevance of mentioning their racial origin was? As far as I can see, it serves no purpose other than as a piece of casual racism.

Casual eh? 

I would like to see the use of Racism on this Forum more formalised please.   :laugh:

Incidentally B2R,  in all my time of attending Llandudno Pool, I have never found the behaviour of any of the staff ''appropriate'' towards me... so why should this be a surprise?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2014, 07:14:37 am »
A year or so ago a top lady politician apologised for using the word Jap to describe some Japanese.

Can you remember who she was, Mike? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything.

On the issue side, if she was a minster in the Foreign office, then it might not have gone down too well with our trade partners if she was calling the French Frogs, the Germans Krauts and the Australians a load of Dingo s******g, beer swilling sheep f*****s. Just saying.

))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2014, 07:35:02 am »
OK, so you got a key on your computer that prints a little star!  I got one that makes a square #!   :D
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2014, 07:47:45 am »
 WWW WWW WWW
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2014, 08:49:41 am »
If the couple in the pool had bern Welsh or English would any Welshman or Englishman have complained about the nationality being mentioned.  I don't think so, but we do find Welsh and English complaining that we use the word Pakistani or that N word that even the N's use themselves!
But...the nationality wouldn't have been mentioned if they had been Welsh or English, that's the point. Why does it need to be mentioned because they are Pakistani? Obviously, it doesn't, it's just a attempt to cast a racial slur because the story is a negative one.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2014, 09:39:05 am »

Can you remember who she was, Mike? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything.

On the issue side, if she was a minster in the Foreign office, then it might not have gone down too well with our trade partners if she was calling the French Frogs, the Germans Krauts and the Australians a load of Dingo s******g, beer swilling sheep f*****s. Just saying.

))*

I don't think it would be acceptable to shorten the nationality Pakistani.....

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2014, 10:19:17 am »
But...the nationality wouldn't have been mentioned if they had been Welsh or English, that's the point. Why does it need to be mentioned because they are Pakistani? Obviously, it doesn't, it's just a attempt to cast a racial slur because the story is a negative one.

I agree, MAYBE the nationality would not have been mentioned but there is little doubt that it would have identified the people by some tag. . . .  Couple from ..here insert anty town or location you wish.   The public need such information and that is why the media tell them.  A couple on its own says nothing, there has to be another form of identification for the public to feel either associated (good things) or remote (bad things).  Pure pschycology!
 ZXZ
Cicero

Offline Dave

« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2014, 10:35:09 am »
The minute I saw the quote about inappropriate behaviour in the Llandudno swimming pool I was suspicious on several counts so on visiting today I asked had there been any reported incidents and the answer was no. I told them I had read something on a local forum which quoted Facebook and they said they were aware of the matter and it was in the hands of the police.
I think anyone who quotes someone else's posting without adding a link is in danger of being seen as the originator of that information even if they say they don't know if it's true. They themselves might be found guilty of publishing racist,ageist and malicious gossip don't you think ?
Incidentally, I find the swimming pool an extremely good local facility which is well run and well supervised. There are always two lifeguards keeping an eye on the well being of everyone in the main pool.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2014, 11:30:57 pm »
They themselves might be found guilty of publishing racist,ageist and malicious gossip don't you think ?
Incidentally, I find the swimming pool an extremely good local facility which is well run and well supervised. There are always two lifeguards keeping an eye on the well being of everyone in the main pool.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:      ....... ON SO MANY LEVELS.
Fester...

Offline Dave

« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2014, 11:42:30 am »
They themselves might be found guilty of publishing racist,ageist and malicious gossip don't you think ?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:      ....... ON SO MANY LEVELS.

Shame you aren't prepared to share your perceived wisdom on any level. You appear to have personal issues that need resolving re the pool and the gym ( the latter wasn't included in my appraisal of the pool) so maybe you might like to comment on the alleged Facebook comment and the fact that an extract was posted on this forum which has no direct source and therefore could in fact be attributed to the person who posted it. I don't think that is the case but it does question who becomes responsible if it's deemed that the post was intended as being a malicious attempt to bring the reputation of something or someone in to disrepute and in doing so also attempts to stir up feeling of ill will towards race and age.
Incidentally as a person of pensionable age I am entitled to use the pool all day everyday for a nominal sum. Must be annoying to those hard working souls who can't find an opportunity to do likewise.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2014, 12:55:43 am »

Shame you aren't prepared to share your perceived wisdom on any level. You appear to have personal issues that need resolving re the pool and the gym .
Incidentally as a person of pensionable age I am entitled to use the pool all day everyday for a nominal sum. Must be annoying to those hard working souls who can't find an opportunity to do likewise.

Point 1,  I have shared my thoughts on this subject ad nauseum on this thread.... I created it, so feel free to look back and read it.

Point 2,    Yes... that really does hack me off,  I work,  pay for my my membership, and STILL can't use the facility.

Nothing personal at all,  I just hate not getting what I pay for in life,  don't you?
Fester...

Offline Dave

« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2014, 10:43:49 am »

Shame you aren't prepared to share your perceived wisdom on any level. You appear to have personal issues that need resolving re the pool and the gym .

Point 1,  I have shared my thoughts on this subject ad nauseum on this thread.... I created it, so feel free to look back and read it.

Point 2,    Yes... that really does hack me off,  I work,  pay for my my membership, and STILL can't use the facility.

Nothing personal at all,  I just hate not getting what I pay for in life,  don't you?

Thanks for that in depth multi level response which avoided my question. It's pretty obvious that you have ill feeling towards the swimming pool/gym facility which I acknowledged because I had already read the whole thread and have a sympathetic view of your position. I didn't realise that you had changed your pseudonym from Memram to Fester though and here's me thinking you had adopted the name of a fictitious character from the Adam's Family when in reality it's possibly a reflection of your state of mind.