Author Topic: Llandudno swimming pool - a catalogue of admin errors  (Read 68646 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Llandudno swimming pool
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 07:27:25 am »
Get Duncan Ballantine in to run the Leisure Centres!   He'll DRAGON it into the 21st Century. Z**
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Sara

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 08:22:33 pm »
I know some of you lovely people on here use the swimming pool so could I ask a favour please?
My daughter was there earlier this evening and has lost her silver Claddagh ring. It was lost in the changing area and she has been back to have a look round but couldn't find it. The locker she used was in use so she hasn't been able to check if it got left in there. The staff are going to keep an eye out but if anyone is in there in the next day or so please could you look out for it. It's not expensive and a bit battered but has sentimental value. Thanks.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 09:53:29 pm »
We shall be keeping our fingers crossed for you both.  ££$

Please let us know tomorrow if there is good news.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2013, 09:54:52 pm »
My nightmare with this ridiculous facility continues.

If you recall, there are only limited times that a Council Tax paying member of the public can use the pool, despite paying a monthly subscription on top of that.
If you work during the day, (in order to earn the money to PAY for this facility) then there are only very few times you can use the pool in the evenings. 

Thursday is the night when it is possible for Joe Public to use the pool.  So I went down there, more in hope than expectation.

Once again it was completely ruined by a massive number of kids (from well outside this area) in two private parties, it was impossible to swim any lengths, or do any swimming at all.
Two local parents took their kids out of the pool in dismay, and said to me that thursday is the only night they could come.

When I complained at reception, there was a queue of local parents who immediately looked disappointed and left.  Some were muttering ''not again''

This facility of ours is being entirely mismanaged, and I also note that the improvements to the Gym area, (which were promised many months ago) have not happened.  &shake& &shake& &shake&

I have written to Peter Aldous, at Conwy Council services, and I have asked some pretty pointed questions.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2013, 10:04:28 pm »
Not more mismanagement?!  &shake&

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2013, 10:56:18 pm »
what improvements of the gym are planned? In the 2 and a half odd years I've been using it the only thing they have changed is they got rid of the water dispenser so now you have to fill your bottle from the toilet tap!

Junction gym is 100x better.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2013, 07:44:12 am »
There was talk of extending it.

I don't like the Junction gym.

I think it is too cramped and the view from the treadmill is boring.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2013, 07:56:47 am »
I have written to Peter Aldous, at Conwy Council services, and I have asked some pretty pointed questions.

Perhaps it might be worth  making your letter and his response open in the forum? Just a thought.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2013, 07:57:42 am »
There was talk of extending it.

I don't like the Junction gym.

I think it is too cramped and the view from the treadmill is boring.

the key system is very brilliant and modern as is the jukebox on the screens. Llandudno is far more cramped!

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2013, 08:18:40 am »
The jukebox is only alright when it plays your kind of music.  :rage:

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2014, 03:53:33 pm »
Following the excesses of Xmas and NY Eve, I felt that a NY resolution was in order, possibly to save my life.

Yes, a few weeks (possibly) of healthy eating and laying off the beer is in order.
Part of my fitness regime motivated me to pack my gym bag, and set off for a gym and swim.  Of course my CCBC controlled leisure facility will support me in this noble endeavour.

BUT NO!  Thwarted again, I arrived at the Gym/Pool, eagerly clutching my over-priced membership card, to be greeted by locked doors and darkness.
On closer inspection of the opening hours sign on the door, the facility does not get back to normal opening hours until MONDAY 6th JANUARY.  Yet there is no reduced fee for my membership.
I know of no other organisation (outside the public sector) that could or would attempt to get away with this level of service.
Fester...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2014, 04:12:57 pm »
Funnily enough had the exact same problem as you!
Can't go there tomorrow after work as it's only open until 12pm.
Can't play squash in Ysgol John Brights tonight as it's completely closed until Monday

$angry$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2014, 06:38:04 pm »
I didn't think that the situation with Llandudno Swimming Centre could get any worse.... but how wrong I was!

I have just been turned away on the ONLY night of the week that the pool is open to the public.

Every other day it is available (theoretically) to the public until 3.45pm, but that is not much use to those working 'regular' hours.
Thursday it opens from 6.30pm until 9pm.... but tonight there are literally hundreds of teenagers which have been bussed in for some kind of gala.

Smarting from this, I thought OK, I'll come back at the weekend.... BUT WAIT!

A poster in reception, which has been hurriedly written up in black marker pen, informs me that all pools are CLOSED to the public this coming weekend.... AND the weekend after!   Apparently due to swimming galas once again.

So, forgetting my situation, just when are the TAX PAYING, working public supposed to take their kids swimming?

In summary, the next FIVE possible occasions on which a TAX PAYING, WORKING member of the public can use the swimming facility that THEY PAY FOR, are closed off to them.

This has gone way beyond a joke now.     $angry$ $angry$
Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2014, 07:48:00 pm »
Get The Ferret on the job!    $walesflag$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2014, 09:12:43 am »
Fester:  it might be worthwhile joining one of the private swimming pools.  The situation regarding the council pools does seem unreasonable.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.