Author Topic: Live Music  (Read 10780 times)

SteveH

• Ad Free Member
Re: Live Music
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2017, 10:45:33 AM »
Top club promoters Cream and Happy Mondays’ Bez are to headline Surf Snowdonia’s first Electric Wave Festival, the Daily Post can reveal today.

Announcing the line-up for the three day summer event, organisers said they hoped to bring up to 3,000 music lovers to the Conwy Valley venue.
Cream, who ran club nights in Liverpool and Ibiza among others, will host a tent with Welsh electronic stars, K-Klass.

General Levy and DJ Yoda will also be playing sets while live music will come from Showhawk, former Stone Roses guitarist Aziz Ibrahim, Baby Queens and the UK Chili Peppers.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2018, 11:12:46 AM »
We had the pleasure last Sunday of attending a Family Concert by the BBC National Orchestra of Wales at Venue Cymru. The concert was designed to get children interested in classical music and was very well organised, with renditions of pieces by Bizet, Beethoven, Stravinsky etc interspersed with explanations of the different parts of the orchestra. Over 600 people attended and it was very enjoyable!  $good$

Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2018, 03:49:56 PM »
They can be quite good, the BBC Wales orchestra but all too often they can also be sloppy.
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Bri Roberts

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2018, 04:50:23 PM »
We certainly enjoyed it as well.

I felt it could have gone on longer than it did but it was probably long enough for the children.

DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2018, 08:20:05 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I felt it could have gone on longer than it did but it was probably long enough for the children.
I agree, another half hour or so would have been very welcome.  $good$