Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 408590 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #225 on: February 08, 2013, 08:11:47 pm »
  This has started. Portacabins and toilets arrived this afternoon.

Offline Linda

Re: The Snack Kiosks on Colwyn Bay Promenade
« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2013, 11:57:24 pm »
Hi Dave,
have you heard anything from CCBC over the Cayley Kiosks yet. Just wondering who to contact there, other than Phil Edwards Councillor for Rhos.  :)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #227 on: February 09, 2013, 08:18:08 am »
Linda, your ward has another three councillors other than Cllr Phil Edwards who can all help you.

http://modgoveng.conwy.gov.uk/mgFindMember.aspx?XXR=0&AC=WARD&WID=425

Please let us know the outcome.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #228 on: February 09, 2013, 04:12:31 pm »
Put in a Freedom of Information request, they are obliged to answer within 20 days.  ££$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #229 on: February 09, 2013, 09:24:18 pm »
  What are the penalties if they don't answer?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2013, 08:50:19 am »
Action taken by Information Commissioner, slap on wrist, official letter, and that's about it.  There are stiffer penalties but don't know if they have been used locally.  >>>

£5,000 in Majistrates Court.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2013, 05:37:27 pm »
Current progress:

Offline Linda

« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2013, 07:58:43 pm »
Thanks for the info folk, i will try to get somes answers $thanx$ or it may be no one will want to talk about it :-X

Offline Linda

« Reply #233 on: February 10, 2013, 09:04:03 pm »
Great Photo!

Just wonder though How many Housing estates and major roads could have been built in the time it has taken

for them to reach this stage :roll:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: February 11, 2013, 09:16:41 am »
Hi Dave,
have you heard anything from CCBC over the Cayley Kiosks yet. Just wondering who to contact there, other than Phil Edwards Councillor for Rhos.  :)
Not heard back yet. The auto reply said 10 working days, so still time.

Offline Linda

« Reply #235 on: February 11, 2013, 11:41:56 am »
Thanks, I  have also sent letters to two individual Councillors so hopefully we should here something  :roll:

Offline Linda

« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2013, 01:29:28 pm »
Just to let everyone know, I had an email from cllr Phil Edwards this morn to say that he was in discussion with the kiosks lease holders and the Council over the threatened closure of the Rhos Kiosks.

I hope that doesnt mean they had already rubber stamped closures. I dont want to repeat myself but that would mean 2 empty kiosks
until Rhos prom work was started ,whenever that is. The very pleasant outlook of the Cayley prom area will therefore be compromised during the summer. I did also write to another cllr, waiting to see if I hear from him.

This may seem trivial to some ,I dont know, but with all the work starting at Old Colwyn on the front and all the sand being brought in
between the Waterfront and the Marine drive area, this only leaves the Cayley end tidy for the spring visitors, what are the Council thinking of. I also noted that the Council have given a license to a mobile snack van. Maybe thats what will happen while the kiosks get closed  down the Council will allow mobile icecream vans etc on. What a great way to thank the kiosks traders.On the upside you never
know how things pan put in the end.

Colwyn prom will certainly be interesting, with a waterfront area and sand (hopefully it will stay in place ) _))*  and not land up at Rhos or Llanddulas  or Long shore drift could create a very nice desert island out in the bay.The pier will be done up. hopefully in a similar style to the waterfront now, otherwise it could look a bit odd done in a victorian style against the modern bunker skip design of the waterfront.(Everyone iv spoken to refer to it as the skip)  . Also hopefully the Council will get to grips with Erias Park and the sad eyesore of the old boating lake. Seeing as the Civic Centre have a lovely frontage and at the rear ,a nice model boating pool.

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #237 on: February 11, 2013, 07:49:01 pm »
It does take more time when the tide is in and out twice a day of course!

Offline Linda

« Reply #238 on: February 11, 2013, 10:38:00 pm »
It does take more time when the tide is in and out twice a day of course!
Yes of course your right about the base structure taking time because of the tides, I was referring to the building work on top of the base and the steps etc. I would imagine that could be worked on and has been during high tides. There only ever seems to be a few people working on it at any one time. The Waterfront project i was led to believe was suppose to be completed last year. We have  passed that way almost daily to work etc.
and progress seems very slow in comparison to other coastal and sea defence work. Still who knows ,we may see it completed this year.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #239 on: February 12, 2013, 08:56:50 am »
It looks to have a long way to go. :(
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.