Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 408618 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #1215 on: December 17, 2014, 02:47:31 pm »
It must be a repetitive job. I had that conversation with him or someone similar in August 2013. No red shirt then though!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1216 on: December 17, 2014, 04:23:14 pm »
Funnily enough, today's Pioneer has the headline about restarent to open April!  L0L  L0L I'll believe that when I see it!  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline alw

« Reply #1217 on: December 17, 2014, 08:18:20 pm »
Funnily enough, today's Pioneer has the headline about restarent to open April!  L0L  L0L I'll believe that when I see it!  :laugh:

I spent all weekend at an event there and sneaked a look at the proposed Bistro kitchen. The "spokesman" in the Pioneer says work on the kitchen is progressing well and the contractors will be back after Christmas.   Without contradicting him in any way, to me the kitchen area looks exactly as it did the last time I peeked in there in August, even the dust looks the same.
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.

I never said it was your fault; I said I was blaming you.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1218 on: December 19, 2014, 08:42:15 am »
Page 15 of the Weekly News" £100k Government funding on offer for seafront bistro."
Pavements, roads, public toilets...............all more important to the local area.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1219 on: December 19, 2014, 08:45:52 am »
Sounds like utter madness! Hardly a lack of places to eat in this area!  &shake&

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1220 on: December 19, 2014, 08:59:31 am »
The "spokesman" in the Pioneer says work on the kitchen is progressing well and the contractors will be back after Christmas.   Without contradicting him in any way, to me the kitchen area looks exactly as it did the last time I peeked in there in August, even the dust looks the same.
Has the 'Spokesman' even visited Porth Eirias lately?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1221 on: December 19, 2014, 09:12:58 am »
Without contradicting him in any way, to me the kitchen area looks exactly as it did the last time I peeked in there in August, even the dust looks the same.

Be reasonable.  They've changed the dust twice...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline BMD

« Reply #1222 on: December 19, 2014, 11:48:46 am »

:laugh:  :laugh:

Porth Eirias job vacancy latest: Dust Accumulation Manager - requires experience of managing dead spaces from circular desk.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1223 on: December 21, 2014, 06:14:59 pm »
AH........... A circular desk !  Would that be to match in with the kitchen???????????

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1224 on: December 21, 2014, 08:18:30 pm »

:laugh:  :laugh:

Porth Eirias job vacancy latest: Dust Accumulation Manager - requires experience of managing dead spaces from circular desk.

😂😂😂  _))*

Offline hollins

« Reply #1225 on: January 02, 2015, 10:48:36 pm »
At the risk of irritating Yorkie (heaven forbid) we had a delicious fresh and interesting lunch at Coast restaurant near Saundersfoot today.
The reason for mentioning it in this topic is because I thought the place had many similarities to the Porth Eirias building.

It is called Coppet Hall Beach Centre and is being developed as part of a "Visit Wales Coastal Tourism Project", part funded by the European Regional Development Fund through the Welsh Government, to encourage tourism along the Wales coastline.

The chef is a well know one, Will Holland with past Michelin stars. The restaurant is on the upper floor of the building. Downstairs there are public toilets and showers and changing rooms.  They were charging £4 here for a family to use these facilities. It is not owned by the council though. Downstairs is a kiosk selling drinks and snacks.
I seemed a good combination of fairly upmarket restaurant with snack place below and facilities for those who had been on the beach.
So come on council here get your act together and we could all be enjoying this sort of facility up here.
The restaurant was packed today and since opening in April they have been doing really well according to the staff there.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1226 on: January 03, 2015, 07:12:59 am »
At the risk of irritating Yorkie (heaven forbid)

I am certainly not irritated by hour post, neither should Heaven forbid you from suggesting such.  My apology was obviously not received very well!

I have no reason to criticise where or when one dines and am not the least bit irritated, having myself (without wishing to irritate SDQ) dined at some of the World's most famous, and infamous, restaurants, as I am sure have other Members of the Forum.   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1227 on: January 03, 2015, 08:40:18 am »
The point with Porth Erias, as we all know, I that nothing is being done with this ridiculous situation with the kitchens. The adverts on TV say that most firms can design and build to order, so why the delay for this 'round kitchen'?
It is high time the council were given an ultimatum, sort this out or find someone who will.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1228 on: January 03, 2015, 06:45:25 pm »
Paid my very first visit to the Waterfront Centre thingy today.... and I was impressed by the level of investment, but appalled by the misuse of the same.
I wondered around inside, and perused the Titanic exhibition, very interesting.

I asked the incredibly bored looking assistants on reception whether there was somewhere I could buy a coffee.
They said no, not yet... but pointed to some tables and chairs that were 'intended' for a cafe, which 'might be built' next summer.
Hmmm, I have to say that they seemed as cynical about it as most on this Forum.

If there HAD been a basic cafe open today, it would have made about £1000, and much more than that in the warmer months.

I was interested in canoeing, despite the pathetically small area marked out by yellow buoys, for the activity.
There are no adverts beckoning you to spend any money, or take part in any activity.... merely a notice board, with a few A4 sheets of paper on the subject of watersports..... akin to a school notice board.

Pretty disappointing all in all.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1229 on: January 04, 2015, 01:47:33 pm »
Re your remark Fester about the café or lack of it................ This was the scene at Pensarn this morning. The place was buzzing and the café was packed, both inside and out. he smell of cooking bacon was drawing everyone off the prom. People were strolling, cycling and enjoying the sunshine. Kiddies were playing ( one had a super battery operated car), dogs were being walked and the whole place had a nice atmosphere.
I rest my case..................again !