Author Topic: Thinking of moving to the area...  (Read 84157 times)

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
Re: Thinking of moving to the area...
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 09:50:58 pm »
though the North Wales Coastal Cycleway tends to bypass the easy, obvious but unlawful route along the Llandudno promenade.

Have a read of The Three Towns Forum - Llandudno, Colwyn Bay & Conwy > The Local > Local News & Discussion > Topic: Cycle lanes in the area ,Brumbob. It will help explain why there isn't a cycle path on the Prom
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Jack

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 10:19:50 pm »
I quite liked the look of the houses on York Road, Deganwy - the ones with the great views! But I think they're a bit out of my price range ;-)
Just out of interest, how prone to clogging up is the road from Deganwy to Llandudno Junction?

It only really clogs up at exceptionally busy times such as Victorian Extravaganza Weekend (May Day Bank Holiday) and now and again in the Summer usually around 5pm ish.  It only backs up down the Deganwy road from the Weekly News roundabout as Llandudno traffic joins with Conwy traffic trying to get on the A55.  Then again there are back roads through the houses that I am sure you would get to know once familiar with the area and you would be able to avoid any tailbacks. 

brumbob

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 10:51:08 pm »
though the North Wales Coastal Cycleway tends to bypass the easy, obvious but unlawful route along the Llandudno promenade.

Have a read of The Three Towns Forum - Llandudno, Colwyn Bay & Conwy > The Local > Local News & Discussion > Topic: Cycle lanes in the area ,Brumbob. It will help explain why there isn't a cycle path on the Prom

It doesn't really explain anything Blongb, Save Our Promenade and Mostyn Estates just don't want it full stop even though it works fine elsewhere.
Shame they didn't put as much effort into the view from the prom

Offline Blongb

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 10:55:51 pm »
You can't fight Westminster Brumbob, they made that decision for the "Good of us all"  $uk

brumbob

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 11:03:26 pm »
It would be interesting to know the figures of the efficiency of these wind turbines after hearing that England’s best known wind turbine in Reading cost £130,000 to raise electricity worth just £100,000 last year.

Offline Blongb

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 11:10:52 pm »
The only clean energy that would work effectively around here is tidal barrages at either end of the Menai Straight  $welsh$

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 10:46:37 am »
Could be fairly cheap to do, too.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline PeterC

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 11:22:36 am »
It only really clogs up at exceptionally busy times such as Victorian Extravaganza Weekend (May Day Bank Holiday) and now and again in the Summer usually around 5pm ish.  It only backs up down the Deganwy road from the Weekly News roundabout as Llandudno traffic joins with Conwy traffic trying to get on the A55.  Then again there are back roads through the houses that I am sure you would get to know once familiar with the area and you would be able to avoid any tailbacks. 

Thanks for that

Offline Johnny Yen

Moving to Llandudno
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 08:28:37 pm »
Hi all

I am looking for a fresh start in Llandudno or surrounding area's and am wondering if anyone has any numbers of private Landlords etc which I could try.

I would be on HB for a short while initially and would have my deposit back from my present Flat which I would use for any deposit.

I'm only looking for a 1 Bedroom Flat, I have tried Rightmove and most of them want a Guarantor or large reference fees etc, so best bet would be private Landlords.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 09:48:36 pm »
Wish to God I could.  :weeping: All those level streets and avenues wheelchair friendly par excellence too   ^^^^
Micox

Offline KMcClementsplumbing

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 10:51:18 pm »
Hi
Iam thinking of moving to Llandudno after spending a great week here a month or so ago.
I trade as a plumber/tiler (Please see face book site  kevin mcclements plumbing....) and I'm hoping to relocate business over here
I was wondering if anyone knows of any lodgings or trade accomodation that would be available on a week to weekend basis?
Thanks in anticipation
Kevin

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 09:52:58 am »
Plenty of good quality B & B places in and around the town.   Or you could maybe squat in any one of the areas empty properties, or pitch a tent adjacent to the Pier.  Don't know of any "trade" accommodation.   We are over run with plumbers, amateur and professional so it may not be that lucrative.    Z**
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2011, 11:50:53 pm »
Plenty of good quality B & B places in and around the town.   Or you could maybe squat in any one of the areas empty properties, or pitch a tent adjacent to the Pier.  Don't know of any "trade" accommodation.   We are over run with plumbers, amateur and professional so it may not be that lucrative.    Z**

Or he could purchase a nice little place in Penrhyn Bay, when the current owner ups sticks to Lambourne?   WWW WWW
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2011, 10:25:09 am »

Or he could purchase a nice little place in Penrhyn Bay, when the current owner ups sticks to Lambourne?   WWW WWW

Just make me a sensible offer and you can have the deeds as soon as you've paid.   ZXZ

Lambourn without an "E" actually!
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2011, 11:35:53 pm »
Ooops, sorry Mr Yorkie!  I've been there too, I should have known better..  :-[ :-[
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -