Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 552690 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 07:30:07 am »
Sorry to hear about that, Stan. Very similar to an incident this summer in the Trinity car park.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 10:48:50 am »

On advice I used the 101 police non-urgent number to report the incident and an officer will visit me at home tomorrow morning at 8.45am.

A Police officer has duly visited and she completed the necessary form as far as she could with the limited information I could provide. There is therefore very little they can do without more information and so that is that.

In the circumstances I felt almost embarrassed that I was reporting the incident and causing more paper-work, but she confirmed that it was a "reportable" situation so that made me feel a bit better.
Off now to get a can/tin of T Cut, a replacement wing-mirror and a Rover wheel hub disc - it should look reasonably OK with a bit of elbow grease but pride in the condition of my old car has literally been dented!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:51:53 am by Bellringer »

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 01:34:29 pm »
A new lever operated wing mirror from Halfords would cost me £67+ so went to Arch Motors but no success. Will have to try the Junction. Anyone any ideas?

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 01:50:07 pm »
My hubby always goes to Moores garage in the Junction
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 03:31:29 pm »
My OH does quite well for bits and pieces for his Classic Car on the Internet. Try typing in the part you need and see what's on offer. He recently bought a small part for about £5 = P&P when someone else had quoted him over £100.00. Parts available aren't only for Classics, there is all kinds if you are prepared to trawl.
 Good Luck and glad that you are OK yourself.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 04:54:52 pm »
Obtained a good used wing-mirror at HL in the Junction. £12 + Vat = £14.10. Not too difficult to fit and so now all I need is a Rover wheel-hub disc and things will look reasonably OK.

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments. $thanx$

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 06:36:07 pm »
Just come to look in on the Coffee Shop rather than the Pub, so as to give a good impression. Stan, sorry to hear about the car damage problem. This is one type of accident where it is virtually impossible for the innocent driver to take any avoiding action, its just pure bad luck. Glad to hear the most important thing though----you and passengers are O.K.   Funnily enough I called in the cafe to ask DaveR if he knew what caused the bump at the bottom of Rhos Road; it must have been a real smash to have flattened the railings at the bottom. Also to tell him good news. The six or eight tattered Welsh flags at Rhos point have been replaced by brand new ones. Strange time of the year, from a financial point of view, to change them.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 06:49:28 pm »
Mike, I saw those railings at the bottom of Rhos Road earlier this evening, not heard anything about what happened.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 04:35:19 pm »
Had a bit of a surprise yesterday afternoon when welcoming the bellringers from St Mary's Church, Tadcaster who came to Holy Trinity to ring prior to Evensong.
I started to talk to a man who was having a look around the church, and asked him where he was from. He said "Tarporley". I said "oh that's not far from my childhood home in B........"
"You're Stan W......" he said, "we were in the same form at Sandbach Grammar School in the 50s".
I was staggered and then it dawned on me who he was - not bad after 51 years!!

In case you stray on to this site Richard, it was good meeting you again.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:38:40 pm by Bellringer »

Offline Trojan

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 05:44:55 am »
I bet you thought his face rings a bell Stan.  L0L

Seriously, that's a great story.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 07:38:13 am »
It's quite astonishing how old school friends still recognise each other after about 40+ years. Not that it's that long in your case, of course, Stan . 

)*)&
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 09:33:37 pm »
Newspapers....I noticed the other week that a new paper had appeared, called i. It is a cut down version of the Independent and is only 20p! I've been reading it every day and it's a good paper, concise and without all the nonsense that fills out other papers. Well worth a try. You can even get it free for a week by following this link:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/i-paper-vouchers-2124252.html

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 01:22:50 am »
Doesn't everyone feel like this somedays?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 07:37:02 am »
Looks like me on one of my good days

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2010, 02:17:46 pm »
Errrrrrrrrrr Wat's up Fest   _))* _))*
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley