Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 558147 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #1710 on: April 07, 2016, 08:24:28 am »
And that's not counting the stress of dealing with it. There's a nasty new phishing email doing the rounds at the moment. Usual rubbish about owing money, but the difference is that this one carries your full name and address.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #1711 on: April 07, 2016, 02:51:18 pm »
I flew back from Abu Dhabi yesterday and there was a young family going through passport control behind me. Then on the plane they were sat opposite the aisle to me.
After landing in Manchester we were allotted our different drivers to take us home and the family were going to Colwyn Bay. Someone else from the same flight was going to Llandudno and me to near Denbigh. My driver was taking another customer home today from the same flight to Abergele.
It made me think what a small world it is becoming.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1712 on: April 07, 2016, 03:01:21 pm »
It might be a small world H, but I wouldn't want to hoover it!  :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1713 on: April 18, 2016, 05:14:19 pm »
  Going back two weeks to my earlier thread, Ive been paid £354 by Barclays (6 times £59) no apology just a formal letter saying I must examine my account and let them know if anything else been paid out that shouldn't have been. This letter rang a bell. Ive had a similar letter before, word for word. So I went back through the internet. In May June and July last year on the 27th of each month £59 went off to Air Arena. On the 30th the Debt crd services of Barclays Bank credited me with £59 no doubt as a result of me saying whats going on. So I am still short by £118.
  Went into my local branch. "We cannot help you, you must phone debt card services."
 Another half hour on the phone, mainly identifying me despite the fact that they had written to me with reference numbers.
  And just to add to the confusion I see £76-33 pence has supposedly gone to Sainsbury despite the fact I haven't been in one for several years.
   And NO, the cards (old and new replacement) have never left my pocket, all my pin numbers etc are in my head.
   And both Air Arena and Sainsburys are known to Barclays Bank although the companies are of course very different. Air Arena are just downright fraudsters. Someone is obviously hitching on to Sainsburys name.
    Have a look on the internet yourself. A bit of digging and you will find letters are being written about Air Arena, the same amount and dates as me i.e. £59 on the 27th monthly, and Sainsbury by people like me who never use them. Over two years ago. AND, websites are now springing up to help people who have been fraudulently charged. I think I keyed in something like "unrecognised debit entries" and there must be a good few of us, I didn't look but over half a dozen companies/people/crooks are all willing to help.
    Shows the scale of whats going on. No wonder the banks are keeping quite about it.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1714 on: April 18, 2016, 06:33:55 pm »
   The thing that grieves me most about this is the attitude of Barclays Bank. No apology. What are you moaning about, we have given it back to you. You had better keep a better look out in future that it doesn't happen again (next week?).

In my time working for Barclays Bank if I had any part in the responsibility for anything of a similar nature, I would have been sacked on the spot. No messing.   And at the very least your branch manager accompanied by two or three top local directors would be falling over themselves to explain and apologise.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1715 on: April 18, 2016, 06:39:47 pm »
 Oh, I nearly forgot. One of the questions I was asked by what sounded a young girl on the phone was "Have you been to Australia recently?". Apparently this Air Arena is Australia based. Bloody lucky for me that my foreign travels this last winter didn't include Australia. Otherwise I would have probably been told its  my fault by going there in the first place.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1716 on: April 19, 2016, 10:56:07 am »
The extent of it is very worrying Mike.
Fester...

Offline hollins

« Reply #1717 on: May 05, 2016, 05:25:04 pm »
Sorry Nico but your time has come......white chocolate and raspberry from Switzerland, yum!

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1718 on: May 05, 2016, 06:04:24 pm »
Nicos friends have heard whats going on...........

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1719 on: May 12, 2016, 07:36:11 am »
It’s national limerick day,
Shy poets their fears should allay,
So dip in your toe,
And just have a go,
The result could be great! Who can say?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1720 on: May 12, 2016, 09:56:41 am »
Doctor Odell fell down the well
and broke his collar bone
Doctor Odell should treat the sick
and leave the well alone!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline hiraeth

« Reply #1721 on: May 12, 2016, 12:21:25 pm »
squiggle is taking a break from forums but he reckons

There was a young man from Glanwydden
Who's talent for verse had been hidden
He, one day feeling sick
Wrote a fine Limerick
Which rhymed both in Welsh and Brazilian

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1722 on: May 12, 2016, 12:46:52 pm »
There was a young man from Dundee
Who got stung on his leg, by a WASP!
When asked if it hurt,
He replied, no, not really,
And it could do it again if it wants.

Fester...

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1723 on: May 12, 2016, 02:08:07 pm »
There was a young girl from Twickenham,
Who's shoes were too tight to walk quick in'em.
She went for a walk.
Came back white as chalk.
Took off both her shoes and was sick in'em.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1724 on: May 12, 2016, 07:01:35 pm »
 Bit of a despairing rant, but very very serious.
  As some of you know I have a very close female friend I know from Goa.last week her elder brother was shot through the head whist sitting in his own car outsidehisownhouse in Brussels where he was a shopkeeper. To date police and security have no idea who did it nor why.
  The security/police have now decided to release his body for cremation today only very close relatives will be informed of the place and time, only a few hours before it takes place. As his sister, my friend, is as close a relative as you can get, and as she is at this moment in Thailand, obviously she will not be able to attend.