Marle hall is an interesting building that is often overlooked locally.
The site of Marle Hall dates back to the 1500s where there was originally a monastery. A grand Jacobean mansion thought to have been built in 1661. A fire in the eighteenth century reduced all but the south-east wing to ruins. Through the untiring efforts and vision of William T. Smedley, Secretary of the Birmingham Hospital's Saturday Fund, Marle Hall was rented in 1893, restored and opened in 1894 as a Convalescent Home for Women. Subsequently purchased and equipped for 80 patients by 1903, the Hall remained a convalescent home for many years. During World War II, the home accommodated children from city areas, and later sick soldiers. In more recent years, Warwickshire County Council converted Marle Hall into the Outdoor Education Centre that it is today.