Author Topic: John OWEN born 1821  (Read 36763 times)

Offline emma silk

Re: John OWEN born 1821
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2014, 11:46:21 pm »
hi sorry i forgot to say that enoch and william's father william was the son of john owen(s) and susannah from llangwstennin if i have them all correct. john and susannah's daughter is elizabeth who is my great grandmother. thanks.

Offline jom

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2014, 04:40:11 am »
 $good$Hi Emma,

Just logged in after a long spell to find your postings.  Sounds as though we are related as John and Susannah were my 3 G Grandparents through their son John and John's Jnr's daughter Susannah Ann.  I can give you plenty more details but could you confirm or deny if Elizabeth Jane lived at gasworks cottage when the 1881 census was taken.  I'm not absolutely sure this is the right family although all incumbents were of the right names and more or less right ages.

I have Elizabeth Jane born 1863 for whom I have a birth certificate and baptism record

Greatly look forward to hearing how this branch developed
 D)

Offline jom

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2014, 04:48:39 am »
thanks very much really appreciate it. i have william living with his family at. 118 mostyn street in 1891 census and then at hazelmere, masonic cottage in 1901 census when he was 10, so he could living anywhere by the time of the war.i'm still trying to work out if they are brothers. i have enoch and william with mother and father the same and ages correct so not sure what to do next.
William, brother of Enoch
I have him at 2, Tudno St. in 1911 and working as a fishmonger.  I'm afraid I know nothing more of him at the moment and therefore do not know if he is the William on the cenotaph.  I can help a little with some of the John OWEN

Offline emma silk

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2014, 11:07:06 pm »
hi jom thats really good! my mum is related to the miriam from the caves but she new very little about her fathers family as he died when she was young. Elizabeth is the one on your copy as i have some certificates and my mum new her. she also new her mother was susannah married to john but that was about it. ironically she new she had lots of owens in llandudno that were related somehow but assumed it was through miriam on her mothers side. i don,t have much spare time but try and do a bit when i can. mum is 86 not very well and she loves to here the little bits i bring her and try and work them out with what she can remember. this is how i came across enoch and william they certainly fit in with owen family tree but i need time to verify them and mum is extremely passionate about the llandudno memorial and was fascinated to here that there may be relatives to her father on it as well as her mothers brothers. $thanx$

Offline jom

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2014, 10:21:43 pm »
hi Emma
Can you tell me if Elizabeth Jane was at gasworks cottage in 1881 with father John, brother William and sister Elleanor or Ellen?

Offline emma silk

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2014, 10:49:21 pm »
hi jom, yes as far as i know that is correct. by 1891 she was married living in plas isa place in conwy to john roberts who died young so mum doesn't know anything about him . they had a son called william owen roberts who was my grandfather. i was looking back at the posts about john owen and my mum knew of prince of wales inn possibly in the family but was never sure how.

Offline jom

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2014, 11:18:21 pm »
I would love to swap info, Emma and ask more questions but the forum is perhaps not the best way though happy if you prefer.  Would you be happy to send your e,ail address by private message and i'll gladly share what I have.  Much of which is with VERY grateful thanks to this forum one way or another!  It's a FANTASTIC site.  Cheers

Offline jom

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2014, 02:29:49 am »
Have looked at William OWEN's service record which suggests he was in fact the brother of Enoch OWEN in that William noted his next of kin as his mother Sarah Eleanor OWEN.  I believe their father William OWEN (your Elizabeth's brother) died between 1911 and 1916 and his wife I have, as Sarah WILLIAMS.  Whilst not conclusive and needs more work, it would appear to be that they were brothers.  Hope your Mum is enjoying these snippets.  i can give loads more

Offline emma silk

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2014, 11:33:54 pm »
my computer out of action at present long story so am not using email until its sorted but then will be glad to its not everyday you meet new relatives although i live close to llandudno and there appears to be loads there. i visit the war memorial in llandudno every year for my mum and this year i'll be sure to put an extra cross on for william and enoch. did your family stay local or move away? i've been trying to work out where they lived in llangwstenin because as it was the parish it was massive and crosses into the towns i know now, all my written information is at mothers and borrowing computer so its hard to remember info from day today but not for long hopefully.

Offline jom

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2014, 05:18:22 am »
No problem at all Emma.  Will look forward to swapping info later when you're up and running.  John and Susannah's son John married Margaret JONES.  Amongst others they had Susannah Anne whom I suspect was the first of her siblings to move away from Llandudno and migrated to Bristol as did at least one brother and one sister (I am in touch with descendants of both).

From Bristol Susannah and family moved to Stonehouse, Gloucestershire.

This is my dad's maternal side by the way and the family is now based in Lincolnshire and a branch in Durham from Susannah's family.  As for me, I emigrated to NZ!! though my family remain Lincolnshire based.  Strangely I have found and since met a family member who has lived here many years.  Their connection is my Susannah's brother, Thomas!  Seems to me if you look hard enough there's always family close by! ;D

Offline emma silk

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2014, 11:16:19 pm »
hi jom, its amazing you found family so close to you but so far from here. Most of elizabeths family all stayed in Conwy but she had a few daughters who never married a couple had fiances who died in war. My mum grew up with most of them and new them well. Most of my mums generation also stayed put and me and my siblings are also still here with my children and grandchildren. My daughter has been twice to New Zealand and loved it. Luckily for me she had children so settled here because its so far away. Anyway as soon as my computer has been fixed i will get in touch its been great to know about new family thanks x

Offline Sandie

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2014, 07:52:15 pm »
John Owen born 1821 and Susannah (nee Jones) were my Great Great Grandparents and I am descended from their son William (born 1858) William married Sarah Williams in 1881 in Llandudno, they had 9 children but only 4 survived. Enoch born 1885 and William born 1891 both died in WW1, their youngest Edward born 1898 I have not been able to trace after the 1911 census and John Edward born 1889 was my maternal Grandfather. My Grandad served with 10th Battalion RWF and during his training was billeted in Bournemouth where he met my Grandmother and married in 1915, after the war he returned to Bournemouth where he lived the rest of his life, he died in 1959 aged 69.

Offline Sandie

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2014, 05:48:58 pm »
Hi Emma, read your comment on visiting the war memorial and putting an extra cross for Enoch and William, (my Great Uncles), very thoughtful, bless you

Offline jom

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2014, 01:42:00 am »
Hi Sandie, As you will see I am a generation further along on Enoch and William's cousin John's side i.e. William's brother John bn 1849 and married to Margaret (JONES).  haven't time at the moment (about to watch the All Blacks play England!) but would love to share info.  Send me a personal message with your email and I will happily swap details etc.  Emma and I will be doing the same when she's connected up again!
Cheers

Offline Sandie

« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2014, 07:10:34 am »
Hi Jom, so sorry to take so long in responding to your message, it's great to hear from you. I have tried several times to send a personal message but it just comes up with 'error' so I don't know if you would have better luck! I visited Llandudno in September with my daughter, we had a great week, some sight seeing and some very successful family research that I'm very happy to share. It is really good to discover there are Owen family out there!