Author Topic: Pensarn Farm Llangystenin Conwy  (Read 124036 times)

Offline anneelaine

Re: Pensarn Farm Llangystenin Conwy
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2013, 01:55:16 am »
Hi Hugo
 I've phoned up St Agnes Church She is there The lady looked and said the same could not find her
But in the end she did  she said the paper its written on is not very clear I have got the grave number  she is all my herself
the guy's son from the farm we went to was  very odd and scared us he was  very tall had a cap on a bit funny looking
so maybe someone would know about him
I would say its his son but do not know for sure
Maybe it was William Bell Rogerson the 2nd born 1910  at Pen sarn farm  death 1985
Do not know were he went cannot find him after 1911
Yes it was a long way up hill we walked ,
How many lanes are there up  to the Davies farms in Bryn Pydew.
also when we would take my dad to see his brother as we were on the M55 i think it called  just before we got to Llandudno junction my Dad would always say I worked right up there  pointing to the Hills thinking about it now pen sarn was to low down now
how far would you say it was to walk to Bryn Pydew.
Anneelaine

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2013, 08:29:52 am »
If you have the grave No, please let me have it and I'll go again to the Archives and try to trace it that way.   From Pensarn there are just two possible lanes.  The first being Pabo Lane that the farm was in and that leads to Pabo Hall and then onto Bryn Pydew.
The other leads up narrow Lane to Esgyrun hill and then into Pydew.
I'll let you know the mileage asap and hopefully some photos that may jog your memory.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2013, 04:03:14 pm »
I've had a bit more info today.  Firstly the big house in Llandudno Junction ceased to be a hotel in 1946/47 and changed the name from Marl Hotel back to Bron Heulog.
Secondly, I was having a coffee morning today with the OAP's and one person there is a Bryn Pydew born and bred person so I asked him a few questions.  I had already had an e-mail that said the  Davies family from Marl Farm also had two other farms in the area  Esgyryn Farm and Fron Farm.
Mrs Olwen Davies lives at Fron Farm with her daughter Jane and Olwen is the second wife and widow of the Mr Davies who had Marl Farm.  It sounded promising and as it was a nice day I drove up to Bryn Pydew to have a look around and take some photos.
The journey from Pensarn Farm to Bryn Pydew and back is exactly 3 miles via Narrow Lane and Esgyryn Hill but would be shorter from Pensarn Farm to Fron Farm.
I have taken some photos of both farms and will post them later in the hope that it may jog your memory

By the way, if your father said that he had worked on the hillside then that would be Bryn Pydew as we know it today.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2013, 04:24:33 pm »
The first photo is of Esgyryn Farm looking up the lane and the second one is the view you get looking back down the lane. That building is no longer a farm.
The third and subsequent photos are of the long lane leading to Fron Farm from Pydew, the farm itself and the view from the farm looking in the direction of Pensarn Farm.
If you walked from Pensarn Farm via Pabo Lane, it is a narrow lane with some houses on the left but you will pass a caravan park along the way.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2013, 04:26:40 pm »
Fron Farm

Offline Hugo

« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2013, 05:33:49 pm »
Centre of Bryn Pydew

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2013, 07:50:43 pm »
 $thanx$ Hugo

Jane Ann grave number is 548b .
Also will take photos to my sisters to night what she thinks
I  am about 75% that we were going up Pabo Lane it just rings a bell
I have seen a house I think I no but not to sure and I lost it again ,will try to find it to night
Hugo I cannot thank you enough for your help
 Anneelaine

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2013, 08:02:16 pm »
Hugo Just found out there is a Rogerson   could be a Davies  in the grave yard GREAT ORME - SAINT TUDNO  70% sure it Rogerson also I think its a girl  I think it was my dads cousin
Anneelaine

Offline Hugo

« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2013, 08:14:20 pm »
I'll look for both tomorrow when I go to the Archives but I've got a feeling that I've looked already in both St Tudno's and Llanrhos and not seen a Rogerson  listed.
Also with regard to St Agnes' Cemetery the Graves are usually listed in Plots and given a letter to signify each plot and then a number afterwards.   For example  A 123.
The number you have listed 548b may be another record of the burial but won't tell you where the grave is but I won't know for certain until tomorrow.
I'll do my best to find it anyway.
If you can remember the girl's name I can look under Davies or Rogerson

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2013, 09:17:04 pm »
Hi have got it down as plot could be B548 if not will get back to her it could the way I right things down lol I have Irien syndrome so some times I write backwards lol
Anneelaine $thanx$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2013, 10:19:52 pm »
Hi have got it down as plot could be B548 if not will get back to her it could the way I right things down lol I have Irien syndrome so some times I write backwards lol
Anneelaine $thanx$

Don't worry about it, let me look in the Archives first before you go to any trouble and I'll let you know what I've found.   I'm hoping to get some photos of Pabo Lane tomorrow and see if they help.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2013, 11:58:51 am »
I went down Pabo Lane from Pensarn Farm area today and took some more photos.  The first one is where the farm once stood on the left then the others follow in sequence as I went up the lane in the direction of Fron Farm.
After the Pen Sarn site and the new road bridge, little has changed and the buildings haven't altered much so I'm hoping that they seem familiar.
Follow the lane past two farms and where the lane turns to the right continue straight on, on the lane past the Caravan camp.  Soon you come to Pabo Lodge and the long straight lane to the left goes to Pabo Hall.  The other lane on the right leads to a public footpath that takes you up to Fron Farm.   The white farm in the distance behind the post is Fron Farm.
This way is roughly about 1 mile and is more direct than the one I mentioned yesterday.
Funnily enough when I was in my car my friend from Llandudno Junction came past on his bike and I asked him if he could remember if there was a grand piano in Bron Heulog the large white house but sadly he couldn't remember.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2013, 12:05:36 pm »
Pabo Lane

Offline Hugo

« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2013, 03:46:19 pm »
Anneelaine, that Burial No was spot on but unfortunately isn't listed in their burial books as she was buried in a Municipal grave.  The Archive people said that the whereabouts of her grave may be listed in any one of a few dozen Registers and that I'd have to delve a lot for it.
I'm afraid that as it's a very hot day and I'm in my shorts,  I've headed for the beach and an ice cream instead.     You have said that you had seen it before so you may have some idea where it is.   If you are looking at the Cemetery from St Agnes Road the Municipal Cemetery is on the right.

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2013, 10:43:31 pm »
  :laugh:You have sun your end its cold here lol and ice-cream as well lol
I can see her name on the grave stone as if it was yesterday 
I well phone the girl up again as she said she was the only one in the grave
and we were going to pass on to my son
Right been looking
 At bits and found a address for my Dad when he married my mum But not the farm spent hours looking and not got the address I wanted :'( its carmal chapel house Conwy* why is my dad living in a church!!! :o
I have his RAF number so maybe I can get a address when he joined before the WW2
thanks for photo's taking a long look at them all
 Later to night.
Anneelaine