Author Topic: Eric Clapton concert  (Read 4841 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Eric Clapton concert
« on: May 15, 2013, 07:28:07 pm »
Last night we went to see Eric Clapton at the MEN Arena in Manchester.
It was a great concert and made a nice change not being dragged off to the opera!
Eric certainly hadn't lost his guitar skills and all the other musicians were excellent too.
We expected to see mostly oldies like us but it was pleasing to see loads of young people there too.
A surprise came at the end when Peter Kay ran on the stage to introduce the encore which was "Sunshine of My love."
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-opinion/eric-clapton-still-inspires-after-3817343

Offline hollins

Re: Eric Clapton concert
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 10:17:15 pm »
Here is a link to a youtube video that someone else took last night.
It is miles better than mine anyway!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WID4cGlP1mw

Offline rhuddlan

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 07:54:15 pm »
Hi, This is the first time I have tried entering the site ( not being too IT literate).
     I have to say I have been listening to EC since a schoolfriend and I got drunk listening to Cream's Wheels of Fire album!
That was a life altering experience. I regularly have to have a fix of EC or the Who. I never get tired of them. Even as a 60 year old!
     Also I'm glad people  liked some pics of mine that Hugo put on the forum on my behalf ( Llyn Ogwen etc-reflection etc).
    May put some on if i can work out how....duh    $thanx$

Offline hollins

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 08:17:10 am »
Hi rhuddlan, Thanks for taking me back in memories to the Cream days. I think Disraeli Gears was one of the first LP's I bought or rather my auntie bought it for me one Saturday afternoon.
I must try and buy it again as I think my brother nicked it!
I do remember your great photos of the reflections and I hope you put some more on here.
It is refreshing when new members contribute something to the forum.

Offline Nemesis

Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline hollins

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 06:33:40 pm »
Thanks Nemesis, that will take me back.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 10:25:28 pm »
Hi, This is the first time I have tried entering the site ( not being too IT literate).
     I have to say I have been listening to EC since a schoolfriend and I got drunk listening to Cream's Wheels of Fire album!
That was a life altering experience. I regularly have to have a fix of EC or the Who. I never get tired of them. Even as a 60 year old!
     Also I'm glad people  liked some pics of mine that Hugo put on the forum on my behalf ( Llyn Ogwen etc-reflection etc).
    May put some on if i can work out how....duh    $thanx$

Hi Rhuddlan,  it's not too difficult to post photos on here and if I can do it anyone can.  I'll go over it with you soon.

akmetr84

Eric Clapton concert
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 01:21:19 am »
Glad to hear you got to see these two in concert. I bet it was awesome. I got to see Eric Clapton in Tulsa last month and it was super cool. So happy for you

Bob