Author Topic: Niggles  (Read 159559 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: Niggles
« Reply #645 on: April 22, 2015, 09:12:03 am »
Well I don't know what your problems are, every time I go to the bank I come away aching, all that crawling in on my hands and knees pleading kills my joints ;)

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #646 on: April 22, 2015, 12:51:53 pm »
I have a personal and a business account with Santander.

To pay cheques into the Personal account I have to use the cash machine inside.

To pay cheques into the Business account I have to use the cash machine outside.

When I questioned it I was told "that's just the way it is" ... cue Bruce Hornsby!
That's crazy, is there no counter service at all there?

Yes, counter service if I want to pay in cash.  Always very pleasant and helpful.
Personal cheques - feed into the machine inside, confirm details, and it prints out a copy.
Business cheques - confirm details, cheques into an envelope and post into machine outside.
They couldn't answer why the inside machine wouldn't handle business accounts!
Not a problem to me, just curious!!!

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #647 on: June 24, 2015, 10:31:16 pm »
Going back to the NatWest discussion. Fester remembered correctly the advert where they said they would be the last one to close in the town.
See this article which says the branch they used in that advert will also close in September.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/savings/11693014/NatWest-shuts-bank-that-starred-in-TV-pledge-to-keep-the-last-branch-in-town.html

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #648 on: June 25, 2015, 12:06:48 pm »
Going back to the NatWest discussion. Fester remembered correctly the advert where they said they would be the last one to close in the town.
See this article which says the branch they used in that advert will also close in September.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/savings/11693014/NatWest-shuts-bank-that-starred-in-TV-pledge-to-keep-the-last-branch-in-town.html

I knew it!   You just can't trust anyone can you....  &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -