Author Topic: Help wanted: Computers  (Read 60681 times)

Bri Roberts

• Ad Free Member
Re: Help wanted: Computers
« Reply #434 on: March 26, 2017, 02:45:47 PM »
Sorted.  $good$

I deleted my email account and then added it once again.

Fester

• Ad Free Member
  • El Baldito
« Reply #435 on: March 26, 2017, 03:50:44 PM »
Interestingly (on the iPad subject), I had a couple of apps (1 game and one forum I use) that seem to continually gobble up massive amounts of storage.  Neither requires downloading any files, so it's a mystery as to why that happens.
But, if I delete the app and reinstall, it all gets cleared out and operates perfectly from then on.
It's just something I have to do every couple of months.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

mull

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #436 on: July 13, 2017, 08:12:33 AM »
Anyone know why Three Towns Forum is telling me the site is not secure ?
I usually go on Latests posts but can now only call up one post and it will not let me move on to the next one.

Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #437 on: July 13, 2017, 08:54:42 AM »
It's not Three Towns telling you: it's your browser. This has happened fairly recently with the advent of greater security options built into browsers and the trend towards everyone using https://.  In reality the site is as secure as it's ever been and the notification you're getting only applies if you were storing confidential information. Being a public forum that anyone can use, advice remains the same: be careful what you post, don't reveal personal information and never disclose your passwords.

Your password, incidentally, is encrypted, so even we can't locate it, but the database itself is plain text, so anyone feeling sufficiently masochistic could download it (if they had access, which only Dave and I have) and plough through the massive amounts of text therein.

You can override the browser by going to tools / settings or going into the preferences.  In short, I wouldn't worry about it.
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.