Author Topic: Wales Rally GB 2013  (Read 9052 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Wales Rally GB 2013
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 06:21:36 pm »
Some photos from this evening's Wales GB Rally event outside Venue Cymru :

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 06:29:33 pm »
And here's a shot of the World Rally Champion, Sebastian Ogier, arriving in Llandudno:

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 06:38:03 pm »
Did you take those with the little Sony camera DaveR? I have been amazed how well they come out in the dark with mine.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 06:39:45 pm »
Did you take those with the little Sony camera DaveR? I have been amazed how well they come out in the dark with mine.
The Sony is very good for night time shots, but I used the Nikon + flash for these shots.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 07:07:13 pm »
Great to see! I chickened out of going out tonight in this weather!  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2013, 12:30:34 pm »
Be warned - just seen this on Facebook

Be advised....hostile forces on the Great Orme playing war games...but hang on...Wales Rally GB doesn't reach Orme until tomorrow 1pm !!! Get real.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2013, 04:32:08 pm »
And it is closed all day today - for what reason?    :rage:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 10:33:22 am »
We decided to take the safe option yesterday afternoon by walking into Llandudno.

Fortunately, we managed to find some excellent seats in a grandstand at the junction of Mostyn Street and Clomnel Street.

It was also an excellent position for taking a couple of dozen photos of the event.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2013, 02:02:09 pm »
WRGB calls for WRC timing system probe after weekend collapse.

Wales Rally GB is calling for the FIA to initiate a formal investigation to report on the official WRC timing system, following reports that the management system deployed by the FIA’s appointed supplier was apparently hacked during the last weeks otherwise highly successful finale to the 2013 world championship....

The final results for the International event were not available for several hours after the rally ended: results for the 2 National events which ran alongside the WRC contest are not expected to be ready until later this week.

The safety tracking service was unaffected: had that come under attack the rally would have had to be cancelled.

Andrew Coe, Chief Executive of Wales Rally GB organisers IMS, says it’s important to establish what went wrong.

“We’re very disappointed, not least for our competitors. We’re running a major sporting event and failures like this, whatever the cause, tend to be blamed on the event. But this is absolutely not the fault of Wales Rally GB. We are required to use and pay for the full costs of the Championship system. We are of the view that the system has features, particularly in relation to vehicle tracking, which represent a step forward for our sport. However, if, as has been reported, the system has been subject to a hacking attack, which is not unusual during major sporting events, then it is vital that the provider ensures that every possible security measure and safeguard is put in place to avoid this situation happening again in the future. For the moment we are still awaiting a formal explanation, or apology, for what went wrong.

IMS are now working to manually process the results for the national events using raw data obtained from our own time card system and we apologise for the delay and inconvenience this has caused the amateur teams and crews who have supported Wales Rally GB this year. We are aiming to finalise and publish these results within the next 24-48 hours.”

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 04:24:36 pm »
The Sportsmanship seems to be disappearing from sport.   What with drugs, energy boosters, bribery, odds fixing, throwing matches, hacking and the likes, one must wonder which sport is actually clean of such incidents!

Boxers will be putting horse shoes in their gloves next!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: L0L _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 09:16:54 pm »
I watched the highlights on Monday night good to watch but very disappointing on the final day. The great orm was over with in a matter of a few minuets and not worth waiting for so I will just have to wait for twelve months and get there for the next one.