Author Topic: Tennis  (Read 3868 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Tennis
« on: November 08, 2013, 08:25:21 pm »
I was doing a bit of my own celeb spotting yesterday. I went to see Federer beat Gasquet at the O2 in London.
Here are a few pics with some faces that tennis fans out there might recognise.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Tennis
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 05:24:23 pm »
Congratulations to Andy Murray, great match and win.      &well&

Britain's Andy Murray became Wimbledon champion for the second time with a superb performance against Canadian sixth seed Milos Raonic in the final.

The Scot, 29, dismantled the Raonic serve in a 6-4 7-6 (7-3) 7-6 (7-2) victory to repeat his triumph of 2013 and claim a third Grand Slam title.

Murray is the first British man to win multiple Wimbledon singles titles since Fred Perry in 1935.

"I'm proud to have my hands on the trophy again," said Murray.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/36758518

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 05:37:39 pm »
Novak Djokovic: Having Covid gave tennis star vaccine exemption - lawyers

He must be so unlucky catching Covid on the 16th December 2021 just before the Australian Open.    The same thing happened in June last year before the Wimbledon Open so we'll have to wait until Monday to see what is going to happen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-59920379

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 05:42:25 pm »
Hugo, I cannot see any reference to a current vaccination status.

I don’t know but has Australia been allowing unvaccinated people into Australia?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 05:57:35 pm »
Perhaps this link may help Bri.        It's a shame if he can't play in the Australian Open but rules are rules and no one should be exempt from a Country's rules.    He's not setting a good example to young people and will forever be known as Novacc  Djokovic
On the subject of Covid there are a few Premier League clubs who need to set a better example.   Just imagine if those players were on basic SSP then they would soon get vaccinated

https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19/international-travel

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 06:14:53 pm »
“For travel into and out of Australia, travellers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.”

Surely, testing positive for Covid last month doesn’t exactly create an exemption to the above, Hugo?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022, 10:51:28 pm »
I wouldn't have thought that that would have been an excuse for him to fly to Australia in the first place.    Vaccinations are required there so it should be a case of no vaccination no entry and send him back on the first available flight

We'll have to wait until Monday to see what happens but I hope that they don't back down and let him in because it's not fair to the people of Australia