Author Topic: Tudno F M  (Read 44855 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Tudno F M
« on: November 01, 2010, 08:21:44 pm »
I've spent virtually all my time this summer listening to our local radio station, Tudno F.M.   I feel that the objects of this station and our own Three Towns forum are very similar, virtually identical.   This morning two of the, might I say,more senior in age, presenters were having a discussion about this and that, how things were better (maybe) in years gone by, how common sense was prevalent years ago but now seems to have gone out of the window. I'm sure you get my drift.  This made me think it surprising I have never read any thread in the forum mentioning Tudno F.M.    Likewise, I have never heard the station mentioning the forum.   Is there no overlapping of readers/listeners and am I the only one?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Tudno F M
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 09:15:43 pm »
I think you might be the only one, Mike! I've not heard anyone even mention it in ages, which is a shame as its a great idea. Having said that, I'm not a great radio listener (apart from the Today programme in the morning on R4).

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 09:21:30 pm »
Hummm.I'm surprised.   I'll speak to Tudnofm presenters and see if they are in a similar position, they havent heard of the forum for ages. I'm on a promise to be shown around the studios so I'll bring the subject up then

Offline Trojan

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 05:29:58 am »
There was a Tudno FM thread in the old forum when the radio station was in it's infancy. Presenter Andy Harris was a forum member, who used the forum mainly to promote the radio station.

Now that the station has grown and most of the presenters have blogs on the station website, I suppose another local forum is not needed anymore.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 06:31:40 am »
I've just looked at the station website and I'm seeing 'news' about a gorse fire back in March!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Trojan

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 06:37:40 am »
I've just looked at the station website and I'm seeing 'news' about a gorse fire back in March!

L0L

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 08:13:55 am »

L0L

If they leave that on the website for a few more months, it'll be current news again  _))*

Offline Trojan

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 06:09:44 pm »

L0L

If they leave that on the website for a few more months, it'll be current news again  _))*

$lol$

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 06:39:52 pm »
Hey, hold on a minute----don't go knocking Tudnofm.    Dont forget that if "someone unknown" had'nt messed around with this forum, deleting everything------then visitors could be reading about went on in Llandudno on bonfire night 2009

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 06:44:34 pm »
well to be fair their website does also mention school closures

on the 13/ 1 / 2010  ))*

Offline Trojan

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 02:37:28 am »
This article from last year is very apt, especially in the run-up to the festive season. Let's hope it snows again.  ££$

White Christmas?

Snowy Llandudno A White Christmas?

Whilst Tudno FM is bringing the festive feel to the airwaves of Llandudno, mother nature has done her part and pathed the streets of Llandudno with a beautiful layer of white snow.

For all the latest weather information, tune into Tudno FM 107.8 or simply click on the 'Listen Live' tab at the top of the Screen.

Merry Christmas from everyone at Tudno FM

Photo copyright Andrew Stuart
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 02:48:42 am by Trojan »

Offline Trojan

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 02:47:38 am »
Hey, hold on a minute----don't go knocking Tudnofm.    Dont forget that if "someone unknown" had'nt messed around with this forum, deleting everything------then visitors could be reading about went on in Llandudno on bonfire night 2009

Nothing much happened Bonnie Night 2009.  :-X

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2009/11/05/llandudno-fireworks-display-cancelled-55578-25102145/

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 08:44:38 pm »
Well, I've now been given the promised tour of Tudnofm's studios.  Mr Rob Horton (Valley of the Giants) gave me at least an hour of his time to show me around, and I was most impressed. Obviously I could'nt take much in in an hour, but it was a good taster. I was surprised how little any of them knew about this forum, as, equally I was surprised how little the forum members,me included, know about the station and what it is trying to achieve. To show how little I knew, I found out that one of the presenters or D.Js was an old workmate of mine in Llanrwst.
   I told them I thought their website and blogs needed a spot of TLC.. Likewise I had better tell the forum members that a bit of time listening 107.8 might lead to mutual enjoyment. Mike

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 08:43:38 am »
Tudno FM is always on in our house and I had a short chat at the Fayre with the Irish chappie Martin who is a presenter on there.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 06:42:36 pm »
Yes, he is on air most mornings around 10 am to midday, and does a good few interviews in Terry Wogan's style. He describes himself as one of the two "grumpy old men" in the studio.