Author Topic: Llandudno Fireworks display  (Read 25515 times)

Offline Dave

Re: Llandudno Fireworks display
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 11:08:04 pm »
So now it's OK to toss out stuff that will cause toxic fumes, or stuff that won't burn and will have to be cleared (no doubt by the Council) after the event?

There is  perfectly good Civic Amenity site in the area where this could have been got rid of.   >>>

The point was made that the person in the photo was not the one who had dumped any of the obviously unsuitable bonfire material. He might have added more, he might not, but as I couldn't see what he left it has to be innocent until proven guilty.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2012, 11:06:58 am »
O. I. C !       $thanx$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2012, 07:14:21 am »
For once you have to give credit to the town council,this is the only thing they get right,good display with thousands of the town folk on the prom,so whoever they get to do it for them well done and if all the councillors could just return to the prom in the daylight when the tide is out and you might just see what some of us are winging at.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2012, 08:38:46 am »
For once you have to give credit to the town council,this is the only thing they get right,good display with thousands of the town folk on the prom,so whoever they get to do it for them well done and if all the councillors could just return to the prom in the daylight when the tide is out and you might just see what some of us are winging at.

Best remember, Wrex, that all the Council do is use our money to pay for it.  The actual job of arranging the display and putting match to the touch paper is contracted out.
 ;)

Cicero

Offline Minime

Parking for fireworks
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2013, 09:21:45 pm »
Hi all.  What are the parking options for the fireworks at llandudno tomorrow and eirias park on tuesday bearing in mind my kids are young so mile walk back to the car late in evening not good option.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Parking for fireworks
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2013, 09:43:36 pm »
In Llandudno, you will get a wonderful view from anywhere along the Promenade so I suggest you park somewhere where you can make a quick getaway when the firework display ends before 8pm and thus beat the inevitable traffic queues.

Offline Minime

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2013, 09:47:10 pm »
Is it all pay and display there?  Thinking go early and tea there before going prom.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2013, 10:01:11 pm »
Is it all pay and display there?  Thinking go early and tea there before going prom.

Pay and Display will cost about £1.50 for up to four hours and is free after 4pm.

So push the boat out and arrive after noon !!

Offline Minime

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2013, 10:13:03 pm »
Thanks Bri.  Going to have a chillax day just exploring and mooching tommoz and have a break from unpacking.  Driving me mad now

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2013, 09:32:37 am »
Can somebody check the Pioneer for me,i been right through it and i can not find an advert for Llandudno fireworks,half page for Colwyn bay,have the town council really moved the fireworks from the 5th to the nearest weekend without putting an advert in.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2013, 09:51:04 am »
It seems so, although the wind forecast for tonight is pretty high, so whether it takes place or not is an open question at the moment.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Tosh

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2013, 10:09:28 am »
Can somebody check the Pioneer for me,i been right through it and i can not find an advert for Llandudno fireworks,half page for Colwyn bay,have the town council really moved the fireworks from the 5th to the nearest weekend without putting an advert in.
I think it was in last weeks issue, I use the e reader version so I can't refer back.
It was on a right hand page, bottom right.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2013, 11:02:17 am »
From 'What's on in Conwy County'

2nd November- Llandudno Fireworks Display- a spectacular half hour display of professional pyrotechnics over the bay of Llandudno. The display commences at 7.30pm form Llandudno Pier with free vantage points along the Promenade and surrounding areas. On the Promenade, North Shore, Llandudno from 7.30pm to 8pm ( weather permitting).  Phone 01492 879130 web: www llandudno.gov.uk
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2013, 11:18:46 am »
Form the pier?   :D
Cicero

Offline Tosh

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2013, 12:22:29 pm »
Form the pier?   :D