Author Topic: Favourite TV Shows  (Read 104304 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: Favourite TV Shows
« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2017, 12:34:46 pm »
It is rubbish. Watched the first episode and it was more exciting watching you play darts back in the day  _))*

Utter tripe I'm happy to be the only person in the world who doesn't watch it.

Mr Mercedes on the other hand - only 2 episodes aired so far is the best show for years. Brilliant books as well. $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2017, 09:02:32 am »
I've given in and started watching Game of Thrones from the very beginning.  I didn't want to be the only person on earth not to have seen it.
But, I'm assuming that the strong and gratuitous sexual content is toned down in the future series?  I'm saying that because I'm aware that a lot of kids like the show.
Game Of Thrones starts very slowly and then just gets better and better and better as the seasons progress. When I watched the first couple of episodes, I wasn't that thrilled but then it starts to get a hold of you...

The sexual content does decrease as the story progresses.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2017, 09:03:06 am »
Mr Mercedes on the other hand - only 2 episodes aired so far is the best show for years. Brilliant books as well. $good$
That's on my list to watch, I loved the first book.  $good$

Offline poppy

« Reply #168 on: August 24, 2017, 10:06:55 pm »
Where is Mr Mercedes playing??

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2017, 08:23:26 am »
No word yet on which broadcaster will pick it up. Or when.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2017, 08:43:33 am »
We've found The State very compelling, it's a  drama that follows the fortunes of several British people that travel to Syria to join Islamic State and discover that (surprise, surprise) life living with a bunch of medieval muppets is not that great.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2017, 04:31:32 pm »
I was watching "Robson Green's Coastal Lives" on ITV  on Tuesday at 8.00 pm this week and it featured the Isle of Skye.   It was well worth watching and showed a lot of the beautiful scenery up there on the Isle.    Mull and Helig certainly live in a nice part of the world as we do here in North Wales.

They showed a clip from next weeks programme and it should be well worth watching.      It's about Anglesey and features some stunning properties and locations including Ynys Y Gorad which is the island with two cottages on and is situated in the Menai Straits between the two bridges

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #172 on: September 14, 2017, 07:37:53 pm »
Dennis Ferranti had a home on an island in the Menai Straits, he used an ex WW2. DKW ( Duck ) to ferry across. 
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: September 15, 2017, 09:34:44 am »
I see that the new series of Safe House was filmed on Anglesey, at the prominent house on the headland at Treaddur Bay:
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-09-14/4-major-changes-to-expect-in-the-new-series-of-itvs-safe-house/

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2017, 11:34:11 pm »
it,s not a safe house now Dave you,v gone and told every one where it is.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2017, 08:20:40 am »
We're currently enjoying Black Lake, a Swedish mystery available on BBC IPlayer.

"Against the backdrop of spectacular mountain scenery, a bunch of friends journey to a small abandoned ski-ing hotel which has been closed for 20 years after a family were murdered there."

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/essentials/culture/television/black-lake-swedish-thriller-bbc/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b081cl39

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2017, 09:19:01 am »
We've watched the second series of Safe House (mentioned above) on the ITV Hub and I was very impressed. Far better than the first series and lots of twists/turns in the plot.  $good$

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2017, 09:25:32 am »
One which point the new Star Trek series on Netflix is certainly living up to its progenitors.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2017, 01:47:40 pm »
One which point the new Star Trek series on Netflix is certainly living up to its progenitors.

Oh?  Good... because they kind of ran out of ideas I thought with DS9, and Enterprise.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2017, 02:39:16 pm »
I agree;  Enterprise was a mistake but I won't spoil the new series, since it takes a very different approach to the Federation. One more in keeping with our ideas now.