Author Topic: Favourite TV Shows  (Read 104298 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Favourite TV Shows
« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2016, 10:59:16 am »
Our 'Games of Thrones' Marathon has ended!! We're now completely up to date, and the final 2 episodes were amongst the best ever! Fantastic series, one of the best I've ever seen.  $good$  $good$

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #151 on: July 06, 2016, 06:48:51 pm »
Our 'Games of Thrones' Marathon has ended!! We're now completely up to date, and the final 2 episodes were amongst the best ever! Fantastic series, one of the best I've ever seen.  $good$  $good$

I hear episode 9 is the one chosen to be submitted for Emmy nomination (rightly so) but episode 10 had an amazing musical soundtrack and was equally spectacular but in such a different way as it aligned all the different storylines ready for what is to come. Sadly the director of those two episodes won't be back next year.
They say there will be two more seasons but of shorter length, season seven will have seven episodes and the final season will be only six! Next April can't come soon enough!
Valar Morghulis

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2016, 12:45:03 pm »
Still think it's rubbish

Peaky Blinders
Unforgotten
This is England 90

all brilliant this year

Sherlock
Broadchurch
Vera

Also brilliant

I think British dramas are coming back to take the crown  $walesflag$ $good$

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2016, 10:36:12 am »
I am sure most have seen this, but it deserves a mention, ....Inspirational .....

"The three-minute promotional film by Channel 4 is a follow-up to their multi award-winning ‘Meet the Superhumans’ advert which aired during London 2012.

As the music plays people with a range of impairments show what they can do too, including a mother with no arms holding her baby with her feet, children with prosthetic limbs running, jumping, and playing football, a woman flying a plane with her feet and a man driving a rally car with his feet."

More and video http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/blind-pianist-boy-prosthetic-hand-11629113

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2016, 06:43:27 pm »
I was watching ITV Wales last night and had forgotten about the TV series called The Harbour and had a nice surprise when it came on at 8.00pm.
It was filmed in Tenby and was about the lives of people working in the harbour area of Tenby.   We have had a couple of holidays in that beautiful town and it was great to see the town again and watching the people working there was fascinating.   

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2017, 12:36:05 pm »
I saw a clip on BBC TV this morning about a man who was found in a park in the UK and was suffering from dementia.  It's hard to believe that something like this could happen, but in the US,apparently  it's not unusual.
The full story is on BBC TV tonight at 8.30 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38769685

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2017, 08:55:02 am »
Can I just say how much I enjoyed the final 2 episodes of Hinterland. What has been an occasionally plodding couple of series really upped their game at the end.  $good$

Offline rhuddlan

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2017, 10:46:17 am »
I enjoyed Hinterland too. One episode was quite haunting....the murder of the minister. During the programme there was unaccompanied Welsh chapel singing from an L.P. ...I thought I read" canu pydw?" on the record label. That added significantly in terms of effect. Mind you I was brought up as Methodist perhaps it reminded of the fear inculcated with any possible wrongdoing!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2017, 09:09:08 am »
We've just finished the first season of The Handmaid's Tale. Excellent series, very different from the norm.  $good$ You can watch episodes on All4 if you have a smart tv.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJTonrzXTJs

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/horrors-handmaids-tale-arent-just-fiction-many-have-already/

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2017, 09:27:51 am »
The novel is extraordinarily chilling, so the series is probably worth watching.  Thanks, Dave.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2017, 09:28:43 pm »
On your recommendation we have downloaded Housemaid's Knee , or whatever it's called.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2017, 08:30:03 am »
Bit like me thinking I heard Black and Decker's lonely Hearts club Band the other night...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2017, 02:16:43 pm »
We'll, I am a bit deaf.
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2017, 11:33:50 am »
Enjoying the latest season of Game Of Thrones very much.  $good$

Did anyone watch I Know Who You Are? Spanish murder series, some excellent acting and very compelling story:
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jul/17/i-know-who-you-are-review-subtle-classy-cool

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2017, 12:21:29 pm »
I've given in and started watching Game of Thrones from the very beginning.  I didn't want to be the only person on earth not to have seen it.
But, I'm assuming that the strong and gratuitous sexual content is toned down in the future series?  I'm saying that because I'm aware that a lot of kids like the show.
Fester...