Author Topic: Film Reviews  (Read 24443 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Film Reviews
« on: November 17, 2010, 07:11:12 pm »
For all you football fans out there (which I am not BTW)

If you get chance watch "Reds and Blues" a really funny film about the rivalry between Liverpool and Everton fans. Each will not tolerate the others team colours.Theres one bit where the Liverpool fan picks up two pints of milk on his door step one is blue top so he launches it into next doors garden and the Everton supporter has "I'd rather walk alone" on the back of his shirt. Honestly it's funny.

_))*  L0L
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:53:34 am by Ian »
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: Films
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 07:18:21 pm »
The American

What an utter pile of pants this film was, I sat determined to watch the end, Hubby couldn't take it anymore and went to bed. I like George Clooney. this film had no real story line that made sense. I kid you not boring as you like. I felt brain dead by the end. now I'm no Jonathan Ross but my verdict ----- utter DROSS.

Ps. I have broken no laws all these films are available to download if you know where to look  :D

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 07:22:36 pm »
Robin Hood

Really good film but they should have renamed it, as it doesn't resemble any version of Robin Hood I've ever heard or seen. The story is completely different. I'll give you a clue................have you ever heard of the Robin Hood that united all the kingdoms in England against the French........no neither had I. The only resemblence to the usual story is he has a fling with Maid Marion.

)*)&

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 01:24:18 pm »
127 hours

To be honest Gez wasn't impressed when I said I wanted to watch it. In his words "Your joking it looks pants" probably as it's got no guns or half naked women and it's not an action thriller.

Based on the true story of a mountaineer who must amputate his own arm in order to survive a hiking accident in a remote Utah canyon. It's the best film I've seen for a long time. How the guy survived and was eventually rescued is astounding. I know its a cliche but I was on the edge of my seat. Even Gez was impressed. If you get chance watch it !

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 01:09:58 pm »
The Black Swan

If your expecting a girly film about the ballet....................your in for a shock.
It's a very strange film about a ballet dancer driven towards a break down through the pressure of getting the starring role in Swan Lake.  She's convinced her co-star is trying to steal the role from her. Very sureal scenes all the way through.  It's confusing as your never sure whether events have really happened or if it's her imagination.  Nah not my kettle of fish i'm afraid.  Don't watch it with the kids either.........its a bit racey in some parts.

brumbob

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 03:12:17 pm »
Paranormal Activity 2

I thought the first one was bad but gave the second outing a chance, silly me.
To say I was bored is an understatement, nothing at all happened in the first hour of the film,
then you got a few doors opening and slamming by themselves,
special effects consisted of the wife being dragged invisibly down the stairs and the baby lifted up by its legs in the cot.
Scary, not on your Nelly. Avoid.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 03:17:01 pm »
Yeah I watched the first film, utter pile of pants didn't bother with the second and I won't now Bob.

brumbob

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 03:18:41 pm »
Conviction

A working mother puts herself through law school in an effort to represent her brother, who has been wrongfully convicted of murder
and has exhausted his chances to appeal his conviction through public defenders.

I don't normally watch films based on true stories, but this had such great acting that I found it compelling to watch.
A bit of a tear jerker, well it was for me  :-[
8/10

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 08:40:07 pm »
I read an article about the story behind this film.

The level at which the police were conspiring to convict an innocent man was sickening.

This poor man was released back into the world after many years of suffering, and incredible hard work by his sister.
Only to die accidentally and tragically with 6 months of his freedom.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 09:45:37 am »
my favourite film is still Pulp Fiction  8) 8)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Trojan

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 07:13:31 pm »
My favorite Quentin Tarantino film is the 2007 Death Proof Merddyn.

Kurt Russell plays an excellent role as psychotic Stuntman Mike and being a car enthusiast like yourself, the car chase between the Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger is one of the best I've seen.

Death proof (2007) trailer

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 07:20:33 pm »
Death Proof was a great film but I enjoyed the other half of the double bill better - what was that called?

Offline Trojan

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 08:11:05 pm »
Death Proof was a great film but I enjoyed the other half of the double bill better - what was that called?

Planet Terror.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 08:26:29 pm »
That's the one. Great film.  $good$

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 09:24:08 pm »
I have'nt seen Death Proof, I'll have to see it, looks good. The white Challenger reminds me of   Vanishing Point  8)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas