Author Topic: Film Reviews  (Read 24441 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Films
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 09:54:25 pm »
Merddin is correct, Pulp Fiction is indeed the best film of all time.... and anyone who disagrees, I shall ''Strike You down with FURIOUS ANGER!''

I might even get a friend of mine to pop a cap in yo' ass...!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 11:48:53 pm »
I have'nt seen Death Proof, I'll have to see it, looks good. The white Challenger reminds me of   Vanishing Point  8)

Ah yes, a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T, with a 440 cubic-inch V-8.  X:((

brumbob

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 05:24:51 pm »
My favorite Quentin Tarantino film is the 2007 Death Proof Merddyn.
I prefer Kill Bill 1and 2  :)

brumbob

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 05:43:52 pm »
Just finished watching
Due Date starring Robert Downey Jr (star of Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes) both great films

Due Date is very reminiscent of John Candys 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles'
where instead of Candy getting Steve Martin home in time for Christmas,
Ethan Tremblay aka comedian Zach Galifianakis is trying to get Robert Downey Jr home in time for the birth of his first baby.
A great relationship eventually builds up between the two main characters on this road trip with plenty of mishaps along the way.
I'll give it 7/10, loads of laughs but nowhere near as funny as Planes, Trains & Automobiles which is one of my all time favourite comedy films.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 01:12:14 am »
Mr Nice.

The story of Howard Marks played by Rhys Ifans, who to be honest I love anyway.  Howard Marks was a Welshman studying at Oxford when he discovered a passage way that led to a secret smoking den.  It was here he met a fellow student who was making vast amounts of money from smuggling marijuana through Germany.  When this student, now his close friend was caught and jailed he basically stepped into the breach.  He started smuggling drugs from Pakistan, he found this relatively easy.  He was approached by MI6 to infiltrate the IRA.  Eventually he was caught along with his associates who grassed him up.  He was jailed for 25 years. He was released in 1995. Mr Nice was the alias he used and hence the name of the film.  A very enigmatic character you can't help but like him.  An interesting film which I really enjoyed. 
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

brumbob

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 09:32:43 pm »
The Mechanic
Jason Statham is back in his usual hitman role, this time playing the hired assassin Arthur Bishop AKA The Mechanic.
Bishop takes his murdered friends son under his wing and teaches him the tricks of the trade.
Together they make an imposing force and go after the people responsible for his friends death.
Lots of blood, bullets and crashes plus Jason Statham make this a very enjoyable 90 minutes and for a remake of a Charles Bronson film, this is no mean feat.
8/10

Yorkie

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 04:35:40 pm »
One of my favourite films is The Italian Job with "My name is" - Michael Caine!   

Offline Trojan

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2011, 06:33:54 pm »
One of my favourite films is The Italian Job with "My name is" - Michael Caine!   

One of my favorite Madness songs is........Michael Caine.  :D

Madness - Michael Caine

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2011, 12:28:19 pm »
plus Jason Statham make this a very enjoyable 90 minutes

Can't remember what you saiid about the film Bob.  Jason statham...............Mmmm........... $bounce$

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Trojan

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 06:17:19 pm »
plus Jason Statham make this a very enjoyable 90 minutes

Can't remember what you saiid about the film Bob.  Jason statham...............Mmmm........... $bounce$

Maybe you'd like to try a Bacon sandwich?  8)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: Film Reviews
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 08:16:11 pm »
I wouldn't share him.....................not a chance  ;D

Offline Trojan

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 10:05:05 pm »
I wouldn't share him.....................not a chance  ;D

Oh you are awful......

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 09:34:27 pm »
I've never watched the Harry Potter films, so thought I would have a viewing binge to work my way through them recently. I wasn't sure if I would like them but I have to say they were excellent, very well made. Half Blood Prince was my favourite. Can't wait now for Deathly Hallows Part II. $good$

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2" Trailer 1

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2011, 09:53:07 pm »
Recently watched and enjoyed "Made in Dagenham"  same look and feel as "The Full Monty" from 1997.

Offline Sara

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 10:19:58 pm »
I've never watched the Harry Potter films, so thought I would have a viewing binge to work my way through them recently. I wasn't sure if I would like them but I have to say they were excellent, very well made. Half Blood Prince was my favourite. Can't wait now for Deathly Hallows Part II. $good$

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2" Trailer 1

Love the Harry Potter films. In the lead up to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2, Cineworld will be showing all the other films.
Deathly Hallows 2 will be shown in 2D and 3D.