Author Topic: Eastbourne Pier  (Read 3203 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Eastbourne Pier
« on: August 01, 2014, 11:52:53 pm »
Eastbourne Pier is one of four owned by the same company which owns Llandudno Pier.
The other two being Blackpool South and Blackpool Central.

Insurance may indeed be in place, but such matters have a habit of dragging out over time.   Let's hope the politicians (for once) are true to their word in terms of helping.

My thoughts go out to the people of Eastbourne, and the employees and concessionaires of that Pier.
Also to the townsfolk and tourists who enjoy it.
There, but for the grace of God, go we.

Incidentally, the fire which has ruined Eastbourne Pier is now being treated as ARSON!   See below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28610853
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Eastbourne Pier
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 10:38:22 am »
I was impressed that both the Prime Minister and the the Chancellor turned up to inspect the damage. Hopefully, the damage can be repaired speedily. The firefighters certainly did a sterling job in preventing the whole pier being lost, as happened in Hastings.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 04:47:00 pm »
Whilst on Llandudno Pier today, I noticed that the Fire Hose boxes are all locked up with a padlock. Surely they should be unlocked so members of the public could tackle a fire before it gets out of control?

craigollerton

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 05:09:01 pm »
The fire hose boxes are only made with thin plywood Dave, once burned through it shouldn't be a problem gaining accessing the hose.  _))*

P.S., sent you an e-mail via the form on your photography site.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 09:46:19 am »
Eastbourne Pier is one of four owned by the same company which owns Llandudno Pier.
The other two being Blackpool South and Blackpool Central.

Insurance may indeed be in place, but such matters have a habit of dragging out over time.   Let's hope the politicians (for once) are true to their word in terms of helping.

My thoughts go out to the people of Eastbourne, and the employees and concessionaires of that Pier.
Also to the townsfolk and tourists who enjoy it.
There, but for the grace of God, go we.

Incidentally, the fire which has ruined Eastbourne Pier is now being treated as ARSON!   See below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28610853
Impressively, Eastbourne Pier reopened on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-29396416

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 09:51:53 am »
Whilst on Llandudno Pier today, I noticed that the Fire Hose boxes are all locked up with a padlock. Surely they should be unlocked so members of the public could tackle a fire before it gets out of control?

The lock in the picture looks like a combination padlock.  Maybe one has to just dial 999 for it to open!
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 10:28:18 am »
"Impressively, Eastbourne Pier reopened on Saturday."

Excellent news, very impressive, only two months since the fire, somebody is on the ball.   $good$