Author Topic: The Pearson Family 1930's  (Read 14490 times)

Offline Gill Mill

Re: The Pearson Family 1930's
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2015, 10:16:09 am »
Thanks Hugo for pointing me in the right direction! I was really interested to hear about Leonard Curtis's re marriage. This certainly fits with the tit bits my parents hinted at!! Is StephMartin related through Leonard Curtis's second marriage?

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2015, 01:01:39 pm »
I'm not sure, but I can understand why StephMartin said that the Pearson family hated Leonard.

Offline Gill Mill

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2015, 09:13:01 am »
Likewise! That's certainly the impression my parents gave . I will certainly give Denis a ring and see if he knows what happened to Cynthia.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2015, 02:40:46 pm »
Would you please pass on my regards to Denis when you speak to him.   I was in the Boys Brigade many years ago and Denis was one of the leaders then.   
We used to see each other outside Marks and Spencers and stop and have a chat.  Tell him Brian is asking about him

Offline Gill Mill

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 10:34:07 am »
Will do.

Offline Gill Mill

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2015, 11:25:44 am »
I have spoken to Denis and given him your regards,Hugo. He knows a little bit about Cynthia. He thought she was married twice . Her first husband was possibly a policeman. She had two sons and lived in Portsmouth. Denis thinks she died a few years ago. Apparently she used to keep in contact with Olive Pearson who was Clarie's sister.  That's all he can remember and,like me, he is reliant on what he has been told by the family as Denis wasn't born until 1933. Perhaps the Portsmouth connection might be of help to StephMartin. We don't seem to have any idea who Cynthia lived with after Clarie's death. Denis seemed to think she may have stayed with her grandparents but I'm not so sure. Perhaps she went with Leonard Curtis and his new wife!!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2015, 05:12:40 pm »
Thanks for passing on my regards to Denis, it's been a while since I last saw him and hope that he is keeping ok.
As for Cynthia, I can't help you there but I'm sure that you'll find out in due course.   It sounds like Cynthia would have been better off if she had stayed with her Grandparents but if she had then more would have been known about her life so the probability is that she went with Leonard Curtis and his new wife and child.

Offline StephMartin

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2015, 09:37:51 pm »
Hello again! Wow thank you Gill that's ever so helpful!
I am Leonard's great-grandaughter.
After Clarie's death, Cynthia moved with Leonard and his new wife (my great-grandma) to Ipswich. Leonard had 3 more children with my great-grandma. He died in 1975.
The Portsmouth connection should help us learn more about Cynthia's life. Her son's would be my mother's cousins, so she is very excited at the prospect of tracking them down.
Once again, thank you for your help.

Offline Gill Mill

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2015, 11:11:02 am »
A pleasure! I hope you are successful in tracking down the Portsmouth connection. I hope it's not a wild goose chase. Thanks for the information about Cynthia. We had no idea what happened to her after Clarie's death. She must have been only about ten. I'd really be interested to hear how you get on. Good luck.

Offline StephMartin

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2015, 06:04:46 pm »
Mum and I have decided to visit Conwy! We'll be there on Tuesday 14th. Will be lovely to visit the area, see the Towers hotel (even if it is a block of flats now!) and the Church Leonard and Edith were married in. We'll also be visiting Clarie's grave.
If Gill or Denis would like to meet up to talk that would be lovely :)

Offline Gill Mill

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2015, 11:54:40 am »
Steph
So sorry I've just picked up your message. Perhaps I should explain that I now live near Stratford on Avon and am just recovering from a second hip replacement so, unfortunately, I won't be able to meet up with you in Llandudno on Tuesday. I would have loved to see you and your mum. I've done a lot of work on my family tree  and you have filled in some of the gaps about Cynthia. Can you tell me any more about her life with Leonard? Good luck with your visit. Clarie's grave is in the old part of the cemetery and was very overgrown the last time we saw it. The Towers is very much as it always was with just an extension to the side. I spent all my young life there until I went away to college so I have very happy memories! Please let me know how you get on and keep in touch.
Gill

Offline Hugo

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2015, 09:03:38 am »
StephMartin,  The weather forecast is good for Tuesday so I hope that you and your Mother will enjoy your visit.   As Gill Mill has said Clara's grave is in the old Cemetery and within the walls of St Tudno's Church.
Plot G 210  will be in the section on the left before you go through the gate to the new Cemetery.    I can't describe exactly where it is but I think that the name on the headstone will be Pearson and not Curtis, so I hope you can find it without too much trouble

Offline Curtis

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2015, 01:14:35 pm »
Hi my name is Alison Curtis, Leonard Curtis was my grandad making Cynthia as she was known in the family my cousin.  Thank you all for the help you have given Steph in our research.  I was wondering if anyone has any photos of the Towers Hotel or The Pearson family, have all these names now and would love to put pictures to the names. Wish I could find any information on what Leonards connection to the churches were if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.  Many Thanks Alison

Offline Hugo

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2015, 10:25:37 pm »
This is a copy of the obituary of Mrs Curtis and contains some info about Leonard Curtis' connection with the Churches.   I've got no other info about him but would imagine that the Conwy Archives in Lloyd Street may have more details about him.
The Towers hotel has been converted into  nice apartments now.    I see Denis Pearson sometimes but have no photos of him or the other members of the Pearson family

Offline Curtis

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2015, 03:23:13 pm »
Thank you I will try the churches and see if they can help