Author Topic: Much Wenlock  (Read 3315 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Much Wenlock
« on: October 19, 2014, 05:11:04 pm »
Friends of ours often visited the town and stayed at the Raven Inn in Barrow Street and always said how nice it was.   When I had a look at Travelzoo, they had an offer on at the Raven  that we couldn't resist going for.   It was for two days only, which was ideal for us and was on a B & B basis but with a seven course taster menu on the first night.
We had a nice welcome on arrival and shown to our bedroom which was quite big with a four poster bed and it had a pleasant outlook over Barrow Street itself.
The evening meal was unbelievably delicious and was gourmet dinning with each course  explained carefully to us.   We had a complementary starter and a complementary dessert  so that made nine courses in total.
The following evening we settled for a Gin and tonic battered fish and chips at the hotel and that meal was delicious too and enough after the previous evening meal.
During the daytime we just walked around the shops and buildings in this pretty old village.   I hope it's not too long before we return there again.        $good$

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Much Wenlock
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 05:27:21 pm »
Looks and sounds like a good trip, I shall check out Travelzoo for the future.
" The evening meal was unbelievably delicious and was gourmet dinning with each course  explained carefully to us.   We had a complementary starter and a complementary dessert  so that made nine courses in total."
I am not a big eater but that sounds "delicious" .
 $good$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 05:41:10 pm »
It was a delicious meal Steve but the portions are not massive and you do have a breather between courses too.  Another package that a foursome in the Restaurant took was to have a different type of wine with each course.   Now if we would have had that then they would have had to carry me out of there.       ;D

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 06:09:44 pm »
It was a delicious meal Steve but the portions are not massive and you do have a breather between courses too.  Another package that a foursome in the Restaurant took was to have a different type of wine with each course.   Now if we would have had that then they would have had to carry me out of there.       ;D
Now your talking "a different type of wine with each course." like the food I do not drink a lot these days, but I do enjoy this type of dining.

Offline hollins

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 06:42:21 pm »
I am glad you put that recommendation on here Hugo because I have long since been meaning to visit Ludlow but have never been much inspired by the accommodation available. I notice your place is close. Thanks, sounds very tempting.